It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Denver becomes the first city to decriminalize hallucinogenic mushrooms

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on May, 9 2019 @ 05:18 AM
link   

This is great news! And hopefully the first of many states and countries to make this wonderful and natural medicine legal for everyone to use!

Denver becomes the first city to decriminalize hallucinogenic mushrooms

Link

Moderator Note:

IMPORTANT: New (old) Standards Are Being Enforced (again) For New Threads
edit on 5/9/2019 by Blaine91555 because: link to info about minimal posts in OP

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Jay-morris

while that's wonderful on the decriminalization front, it worries me to think that folks might try driving around whilst tripping their faces off on shrooms. I think some education is in order for people on what might happen and how to safely do things like this. The feeling a first timer gets ins't something you can prepare for. (or so I've heard)

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Wow I never thought I’d see the day, I wonder what made them decide to do that? Seen as there is still so much stigma around them.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 05:33 AM
link   

A VERY handy excuse to deny the existence of some form of strange facility that may run under a vast area of the city and include a huge facility under the airport.

Seen any Giant Urinal's lately, hmm must have been taking mushroom's (Some guy that made his way into the underground facility's that officially do not exist under the international airport claimed to have seen giant Urinals that were far too high off of the ground in a giant restroom for a normal sized human being to be able to use them and there are a whole raft of other story's about that place.

diaconspiracyfiles.com...

So?.

Is this a benign policy or actually something more nefarious, Montauk come's to mind and we have had similar trial's over here in the UK probably run on behalf of your own agency's by our MOD.

Either way this should liven up the thread a little by throwing the whole conspiracy spanner out there.

edit on 9-5-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 05:37 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

They rank the safest of all recreational drugs..

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Let people use drugs so they stay unaware of reality. Path to the matrix.

Ancient cultures used drugs for very specific reasons.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 05:42 AM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

I was about seven years of age and we used to be bullied out of our local playground by older kid's and teenagers whom liked to use it for so called recreational drug's back in the 1970's, We watched, waiting for them to leave so we could go back on the swing's, as one of those kid's eating a Magic Mushroom (English variety) took a very bad turn, he was screaming and ran out into a busy road and was ran over by a car.
The affect's have been linked to long lasting psychological damage, nervous breakdown's and worse.
They are not safe and even when they were used by shaman's and pagan priests in the past they were used with care not for recreation.

Though just perhaps they might be less 'physically' harmful than a cigarette.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 05:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

while that's wonderful on the decriminalization front, it worries me to think that folks might try driving around whilst tripping their faces off on shrooms. I think some education is in order for people on what might happen and how to safely do things like this. The feeling a first timer gets ins't something you can prepare for. (or so I've heard)

Off course you will get idiots, no matter where you are, but you are right about education. This is wonderful medicine, and used in the right way, can change your life, like it has mine.

The benafits are overwhelming! But they have to be used in the right way to get all the benafits.

(post by NarcolepticBuddha removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
a reply to: purplemer

I was about seven years of age and we used to be bullied out of our local playground by older kid's and teenagers whom liked to use it for so called recreational drug's back in the 1970's, We watched, waiting for them to leave so we could go back on the swing's, as one of those kid's eating a Magic Mushroom (English variety) took a very bad turn, he was screaming and ran out into a busy road and was ran over by a car.
The affect's have been linked to long lasting psychological damage, nervous breakdown's and worse.
They are not safe and even when they were used by shaman's and pagan priests in the past they were used with care not for recreation.

Though just perhaps they might be less 'physically' harmful than a cigarette.

This is not true! Of course if you a child, it would not be good to take it. Same with Alcohol, but using that story as an excuse is very weak indeed.

What about the millions of people who use it, or are microdosing, and it has helped with their depression, anxiety, ptsd etc?

Please show me the stats that say these cause huge psychological damage?

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Well for starters it should be common sense not to drive while on them but also illegal as it is with booze. I would also caution against people with mental health issues taking them, at least not without supervision of a mental health practitioner as they have been found to help with things like PTSD and such. In fact they could be the answer to many people’s mental health wether they know it or not!

You’re right about education, people should research dosage and what effects to expect at what dose. And also get the set and setting right. It’s about gradually stepping into the water rather than diving in at the deep end.
edit on 9-5-2019 by surfer_soul because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 05:49 AM
link   

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

he affect's have been linked to long lasting psychological damage, nervous breakdown's and worse. They are not safe and even when they were used by shaman's and pagan priests in the past they were used with care not for recreation.

As i said they are far the safest recreational drug and there is data to support it. It does not mean they ar harmless. If i had a choice i would prefer to a choose a lesser poison. If alcohol was invented today it would be a Class subtance. It causes a huge amount of detriment to the body.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 05:50 AM
link   

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 05:52 AM
link   

The key word there was Microdosing, under those circumstances you outline it is actually far more than acceptable, I use CBD oil for my chronic pain and it has helped and though that is a different drug the principle remain's the same.
There ARE definite beneficial property's and what's more it is probably far safer to use than engineered drug's which the large pharmaceutical corporations want to push simply because they own the patent to them and can charge what they want.
So that was not my point, I just think being sensible and not using it for simple recreation is actually far more sensible.

I am also a believer that if a drug help's a condition then the person suffering that condition should not be denied that drug but I do believe that proper medical supervision should be involved (in the case of more potent substances unless of course they make a substance from them that harnesses the benefit's and does away with the dangers of the fungi much as they did with Pot and it's derivative CBD oil which has all the dangerous factors removed).

(and not a story it happened mate, we used to wait a way's off hoping they would leave and we could go back onto the swing's and the monkey bars but they usually did not unless a police car happened by and then they usually legged it - there is still a problem with Children's play areas being abused by recreational drug taking teen's today not only over here in the UK but in many part's of the world and it also usually accompany's vandalism of those play areas).

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 05:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer

he affect's have been linked to long lasting psychological damage, nervous breakdown's and worse. They are not safe and even when they were used by shaman's and pagan priests in the past they were used with care not for recreation.

As i said they are far the safest recreational drug and there is data to support it. It does not mean they ar harmless. If i had a choice i would prefer to a choose a lesser poison. If alcohol was invented today it would be a Class subtance. It causes a huge amount of detriment to the body.

Actually a very good point, they are probably far less dangerous than Alcohol which has over the years destroyed countless family's, livers and lives.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 06:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

Actually a very good point, they are probably far less dangerous than Alcohol which has over the years destroyed countless family's, livers and lives.

Off course they are. Problem is, the stigma put on these has clouded alot of people's minds. Take a look at the research being done at the moment and the huge benafits they are seeing.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Put like this, those that have taken high doses for recreational purposes don’t do so again...

They should be taken with reverence and treated with respect.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 06:10 AM
link   

They rank the safest of all recreational drugs..

I don't disagree, but knowing the disconnect with reality that happens, (based on hearsay) without some education, people might do some unsafe things. You can't just spend 80 years telling everyone how horrible things are, then throw them a pile of the same things and say, "go nuts". They have no idea what it's about. No idea that having a safe person who isn't munching there to keep things real is important. With the plant, it's only a few hours, with mushrooms, it's a bit longer, and you have to plan for that.

It's just not the same thing as the plant. Again, not against, just very much for education. real truth, not hyperbole. I don't think we have seen that as of yet.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Dang my mom and dad are spinning in their graves that state is taking over for Florida as far as freaks are concerned good way to stop tourism,my sister lives there and fits quite well as her other state of choice is Fla,hard enough traversing mountain roads there,now you contend with dudes frying on shrooms,and stoned as well I'm sure,and the true point is?,what are the residents going to pay in return,another right or 2 taken away

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join