It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

were you born too early? too late? or just the right time?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
a reply to: highvein

Those boots look like a size 14 or 15, something definitely is getting broke.

I'm logging out now, might delete my account. Maybe even sue for mental damages.

But you agreed to the terms and conditions.

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I would never choose to live before the 1950's minimum.

I like antibiotics, electricity, plumbing, dentist, soap, etc.

I could not imagine living in medieval times. Besides the few rich, you would most probably be living in filth, lice infested, disease infested, hungry, illiterate and slaving to ink out a bleak existence. No antibiotics, poor hygiene, open sewers, no dentist...... Hell No.

It is hard to predict if I would want to be born later than I was. As the world changes (for the worst in many categories), I think I am living in the "right" time, to grow up in a time of sanity and be old enough to see this insane society mutate into moral decay and remember how it was before the real lunatics truly ruled the asylum.

I suspect if I live another 30 years and we still have modern civilization that I won't recognize the world as it will be even worse than it is now. Complete moral decay and self destructive insanity.

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 10:09 PM
link   

I have always said I belonged in the 1760-1800s
Id be better in any epoch than the present. But I empathize deeply with Simon Kenton, Dan Boone and all of the decent men and women of early America.

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 10:44 PM
link   

pretty much

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 11:04 PM
link   

They didn't have computers or the internet five hundred years ago, you would have had to accept the brainwashing of whomever was in power at the time.

If I had been born at any other time, I would not be me. So the time and date of my birth makes it so I was born at the right time, I would change nothing in my past. Maybe just one thing, maybe I should have been buying that cheap Fox Deluxe beer by the case in Sheboygan WI back in the early eighties, it was not really that good, but a case only cost five bucks and that included the deposit on the returnable bottles and the box.

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
most days i feel like i dont fit in.

depending on how you look at it we are in a good time. on the cusp of some crazy things for sure.

i often feel like i was born 500 years too late.

i think i would have been right at home during the renaissance.

chilling in my barn studio. painting. drinking wine. shredding my lute and my hurdy gurdy.
nice and simple

how about you?

i say a lot of this in jest. of course. the things we read are the romantic things. it was hard times too but for the sake of conversation lets just talk about the awesome points in time you think you would have fit in.

I hear the plague was bad back then.

But I wish I could hang with the Epicureans in the garden of Epicurus.

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I really wish I could have been at Woodstock... that being said our modern life is really quite nice in a lot of ways and I reckon we are all exactly where we are supposed to be.

Cheers!
edit on 4/25/19 by soulshn because: =)

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I think i was born in time

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I was born this way, I came out the wrong hole, sideways, two days before Judgment day.

Welcome to the Asslyum. I was born with the antichrist inside me in missionary position. Ready to defile the judge and redeemer. Here to cancel the apocolypse, and send Judgment with it.

He came inside me spreading acceptance of all, removing dictators and capitalism so everyone had an even piece of pie. Segregation of none, love for all creatures great and small. Healing the people and Earth, too provide sustanance for all.

Then revealing too the world a great surprise the G+D's where in descise. Missleading their flocks down the wrong path, of bigotory, judgment, and war. They cast their Devil's aside in order too divide and conqour. Taking siege too, cursing and destroying harmony and Eutopia.

Sorry just rambling crap.........lack of sleep and night shift.

Why was I not born in my Eutopia that never existed. Where I could fly, never had too work or die, and had a harrem so we could feed each other grapes. Getin high, enjoying the fruits of mother nature with no time or date. Grr.
edit on 25-4-2019 by aliensanonymous because: Satanic Versus

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Am I really a man out of his time?

My wife says that I am, or that I’m nuts. That I was born a hundred years to late, a Southern gentleman. As I’m all about honor, a mans word is his bond or that you get terrible upset about it. She says I tip my hat to a lady like a natural and you would gladly give your coat to a chilled woman if you were freezing your fool butt off. She says why do you always carry a gun and a knife? Were are going shopping not into battle. You drink liquor straight and play poker like it’s a badge of honor. And that thing You have of shaving with a soap brush and a straight razor is just plain weird, nobody does that anymore and it make a mess. Perhaps I am a little weird, but thank god, she stays with me.

I often feel maybe Two hundred years is more accurate. I relish the feel of good steel, ( a saber not a foil) the heft of a cap and ball pistol, and a wooden deck under my feet. The creaking of sails and the taste of salt on the crisp air at sun set.
Other times it’s the cool wind of evening setting down the canyon and the smell of Ceader, wood smoke and saddle leather, a cold biscuit and hot coffee in a tin cup.

Perhaps I’ve done all of this a time or two before? Or I read too many books by Zane Gray or Louis L'Amour as a kid. Perhaps as a Tennessee boy I would have been at home with Andrew Jackson in New Orleans or Crockett at tha Alamo.

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 03:53 AM
link   
The perfect time. I got to see "I Dream of Jeannie" every episode.

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Well...it's been said we men spend 9 months trying to get out....and the rest of our lives dating and flirting....trying to get back IN

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: highvein

**pps...to add...I was born a month premature

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 11:53 AM
link   

The summer of 69!!! Baby!!!

and

and

The trick is to be totally baked and play all three at the same time!

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

For some reason I have a strange affinity for music published in 1968:

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 01:28 PM
link   
As much as I do enjoy the nostalgia of a bygone era, I believe we were all borne exactly when were were supposed to be born and more than likely were the architect of that choice.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Great music

Not sure why giving the time; but I have a thing for the 1940's. Love everything about that era except war.

From hair styles to clothing..

edit on 22-5-2019 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 03:55 PM
link   

****TINYSICKTEARS WHERE DID YOU GO😮😑😔😔😔***

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

He looked into it.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

Great music

Not sure why giving the time; but I have a thing for the 1940's. Love everything about that era except war.

From hair styles to clothing..

First one cool af, would totally rock it every day. Second one looks weird lol, not sure about it and she looks deformed ha ha and i don't like dresses so the other ones are even weirder and uncomfortable to run or do anything but look nice

But definitely awesome style, would not like to die of a simple illness though, or have kids and keep pictures of the ones that dies of measles and stuff

P.S guy on second to last picture lol, do you happen to know where he hangs out?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join