It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitchell Hopkins said his group was plotting to assassinate President Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton,

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: MachineMan

This FBI raid happened based off of a "tip" they got. So they likely had someone on the inside here.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 05:57 AM
link   
An extremist group had plans to assassinate political leaders? Why am I not surprised?

The shocking thing is how blase ATS to events like this. Just look at the lack of reason to when an Atomwaffen cell was busted with the plans and equipment to turn the Eastern seaboard in to a nuclear hellscape.

Meanwhile if an empty limo gets lit on fire we need to round up every liberal within a mile and send them to prison for life.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Anyone who buys this is a stiff.... PLEASE DON'T BE FOOLS!
edit on 23-4-2019 by daboxfan because: addded context

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
You know, he is sixty nine years old. Has anyone told him Obama is not president anymore? I mean, why would they be talking about going after an ex president? He may be pulling up memories of years ago.

Did you read the article? It clearly says:

Documents unsealed in court on Monday show the FBI began looking into Hopkins in 2017 after receiving reports that said his group, known as the United Constitutional Patriots, was "training to assassinate George Soros, Hillary Clinton, and Barack Obama."

I know that English is not my native tongue, but to me that underlined (by me) part tells us that the supposed assassination ideas were from 2017 or before, it's not something that happened now.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   
The media will report on this longer and make this a bigger deal than the time when a politician was actually shot by someone from the opposing side.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

Yeah...or should I say no. I did not read the article only the snip that was on the OP. Making pea soup at the time I wrote it, I had some limited time to read at the time. It appears the plan may have been developed while Obama was president, but continued into 2017

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: MachineMan

This FBI raid happened based off of a "tip" they got. So they likely had someone on the inside here.

You mean here at ATS....I wouldn't be surprised!!

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

- He had been arrested numerous times in the past. He was a felon I guess. He also claims to have spoken to President Trump about immigrants but he provides no evidence of this.

- He allegedly said or the FBI received reports of someone allegedly saying his group was training to assassinate Obama, HRC, etc. or ANTIFA supporters.

- The reports are two years old and his "group" (FBI's words, not mine) has been allowed to run around the desert detaining people?

- US Custom and Border Protection says they do not work with this group and discourage such things. Yet, there they are. Apparently there is video evidence of the two entities working together. I have not seen it.

-Cesar Sayoc is mentioned in the article yet no connection is established.

Just a third party POV but does in not seem apparent quite a few bits of information are missing? I have no doubt this guy was down on the border doing something. That's obvious. But who sanctioned it or supported it is unclear. It seems reasonable he and his group talked s*** about all kinds of things. However, the FBI just let them continue as-is for a long time. How seriously could they have taken those "threats"? Or did they consider them more of the s*** talk?

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Duderino

Just to be clear...

I am assuming this is sarcasm? You do not really support the government rounding people up?

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Anyone here remember the "Michigan Militia" debacle? Arrested a dozen or more people on the hearsay "tip" of a government infiltrator of the group. Cost taxpayers millions of dollars to try them only to have the judge dismiss the charges for lack of evidence. BUT---it did give msm a really long run in which to demonize all militia groups.

Listen folks, we're NOT supposed to be able to protect ourselves! Anyone who attempts to protect our borders, our homes or our families are to be considered suspect if they attempt to do so without a government-issued badge and weapon. That is the standard leftist viewpoint.

This case has the same distinctive odor as the Michigan Militia ordeal.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Speaking of not surprised, censorial anti-Trump ATSers applauding the arrest of someone because someone else sent an anonymous online tip to the FBI alleging he said something bad.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Aren't you glad Trump's FBI brought him down? So far we just have James Hodgkinson that was able to shoot at political opponents.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: dubiousatworst

Nothing says "planned assassination attempt" like sitting at the Southern border waiting to arrest illegal aliens.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
Meanwhile if an empty limo gets lit on fire we need to round up every liberal within a mile and send them to prison for life.

Why? That makes no sense. Not even a little bit.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
I was going to comment in another thread.

I don't know if the problem is that the MSM used to be better at propaganda or that the average american was more gullible. Maybe a bit of both.

But these days it just seems like the propaganda narratives are so transparent and don't "root" like they used to.

Bottom line, most people don't buy this # anymore.

I think the MSM is the same and the average American is the same, the only difference now is that their are alternative sources of Information so they don't have a monopoly on the truth anymore. The Internet and Alternative Media has destroyed them and made them look like the morons they've always been.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 02:44 PM
link   
The Deep State and their LameStream C_A MockingbirdMedia sure is desperately trying to paint a picture to try to show us "See?? Those guys over there, THEYRE doing bad stuff TOO!!"

They have to create these moments or else some of the more moderate Progressives might take a look at themselves and think "what the hell am I a part of?? what the hell am I DOING?" This way, they can tell themselves "Oh yeah... THATS what we're doing. We are fighting against These maniacal assholes!"
edit on 4/23/2019 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254... we need to round up every liberal within a mile and send them to prison for life.

Finally something we can all agree on!

I jest of course, Your point however is a slightly valid one. It's Clear ATS is more center right these days but I don't believe that is an "ATS" change, I believe that's a change that's happened all over America. Americans are just waking up to the EXTREME bias of the Liberal media, so stories like this while yes frightening, are viewed through a lens of rolled eyed "Here we go again, another liberal nonsense media hit piece to try to politicize extremism and pretend it's only one side that has crazy people"

You have to understand why that is... they've cried wolf FAR too many times already...

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

a has been political influencer that has been abandoned by her own party and all her oversees donors.

Here are over 200 reasons to want Hilary dead.

Father, mother, brother, sister, husband, wife...
Only 1 of those 200 has to matter to you to be valid.

Zoom in on this:

files.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

originally posted by: rickymouse
You know, he is sixty nine years old. Has anyone told him Obama is not president anymore? I mean, why would they be talking about going after an ex president? He may be pulling up memories of years ago.

Did you read the article? It clearly says:

Documents unsealed in court on Monday show the FBI began looking into Hopkins in 2017 after receiving reports that said his group, known as the United Constitutional Patriots, was "training to assassinate George Soros, Hillary Clinton, and Barack Obama."

I know that English is not my native tongue, but to me that underlined (by me) part tells us that the supposed assassination ideas were from 2017 or before, it's not something that happened now.

Just 2017, not before. Obama and Clinton have both been irrelevant since then and it would be utterly stupid to attempt assassination. You're missing the convenience of timing here.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Sorry, Obama isn't, and will never be president of the US again. So it's just Obama

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join