It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Will Not Nominate Herman Cain to Fed Board

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Trump will not nominate Herman Cain to the Fed Board

WASHINGTON — President Trump said on Monday that Herman Cain, a former pizza company executive and conservative presidential candidate, has withdrawn from consideration to be nominated to the Federal Reserve Board.

“My friend Herman Cain, a truly wonderful man, has asked me not to nominate him for a seat on the Federal Reserve Board,” Mr. Trump said in a post on Twitter.

The president said earlier this month that he planned to nominate Mr. Cain, but the selection stoked bipartisan controversy over Mr. Cain’s qualifications for the post and the allegations of sexual harassment that derailed his 2012 bid for the Republican White House nomination.

This is highly ironic considering the past media frenzy regarding the President's own past allegations about his behaviour towards women.

Talk about black pots and black kettles.
edit on 22-4-2019 by AnakinWayneII because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 12:29 PM
link   
A week or two ago I read something about how Cain didn't have enough support to get confirmed, because at least four Republican senators said they wouldn't vote for him.

Dunno about the sexual harassment allegations, but back in 2012 my impression of Herman Cain was that he simply wasn't qualified to be president.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

And that the allegations were just used as an excuse/cover story?

Hmmm...

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: AnakinWayneII

He wouldn't get the votes. Trump's token inventory is full already.

It's not about sexual misconduct, trump has worse in his entourage, and spoke favorably about other members of the revolving door cabinet with worst past than him.

Edify me if I'm making it up or erroneous

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 12:43 PM
link   

I loved Herman Cains "9,9,9" policy and was a supporter of him back in the 2012 days. The Sexual Allegations thing always confuses me... It matters when he ran, but when he dropped out, now no one cares anymore... now in 2019 when he MIGHT be nominated again, it matters again? It just doesn't make sense...

If he is guilty of sexual misconduct... It should matter regardless if he's running for a position or being nominated for one....

The Fact the allegations mysteriously just vanish whenever he does, makes me believe it's just political nonsense.... Which if they are true is sad to me because again... whether I support someone's policies or not, they should not be above the laws of the land.

ETA:

Also, Why is the President NOT nominating someone even news????

He also didn't Nominate Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton, Ted Cruz, myself, and about 6+Billion other people on the Earth...

So weird... now when Trump DOESN"T do something, it's news? Jeez...

edit on 4/22/2019 by PsychoEmperor because: to add ETA

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: PsychoEmperor

Seems the posters so far didn't read the part of the article where Mr. Cain asked Trump not to nominate him...

But hey, orange man bad, right?

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   

What is ironic? I think I am missing something.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Cain withdrew his name? Don't make me laugh. It's been what now, two weeks since this first hit the news? And at least a week since rumblings in the Republican Senate made it clear that he could not be confirmed.

I find it highly unlikely that Mr.Cain would willfully withdraw from any position of power or spotlight all by himself. Most likely Trump listened, for once at least, to his advisers and asked him to with some kind of promise ''for my friend'' of some other position or recompense down the line.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Are we allowed to just make anything up now and say it just because it makes us feel better?

Ok let me try:

What actually happened was Trump knew that Herman Cain was way too overqualified for that position, so now he will be his VP candidate in 2020.

Did that sound silly? Like I just made it up with no evidence what so ever because I FEEL it? Yep... you're right... it IS silly.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   

I get it, your point. I guess in this new Trumpian World anything, no matter how illogical might come to be. And that ticket? What a blast that would be. Pizza Guy and Steak Man.
edit on 30America/ChicagoMon, 22 Apr 2019 13:16:32 -0500Mon, 22 Apr 2019 13:16:32 -050019042019-04-22T13:16:32-05:00100000016 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

What a blast that would be. Pizza Guy and Steak Man.

Sir, You have just made my day.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Right. If you don't have us enough support to get confirmed don't bother going through the meat grinder.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
A week or two ago I read something about how Cain didn't have enough support to get confirmed, because at least four Republican senators said they wouldn't vote for him.

Dunno about the sexual harassment allegations, but back in 2012 my impression of Herman Cain was that he simply wasn't qualified to be president.

Herman Cain is a joke.

His biggest policy initiative was his 9-9-9 plan, which he didn't even come up with. He went with it because it was the default (and optimal) tax rates in Sim City 4, and he mistakenly believed that game to be an in depth economic simulator. As such, that's why he went with that rate/plan.

The guy is completely detached from reality and should not be on the fed.
edit on 22-4-2019 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: Lumenari

Cain withdrew his name? Don't make me laugh. It's been what now, two weeks since this first hit the news? And at least a week since rumblings in the Republican Senate made it clear that he could not be confirmed.

I find it highly unlikely that Mr.Cain would willfully withdraw from any position of power or spotlight all by himself. Most likely Trump listened, for once at least, to his advisers and asked him to with some kind of promise ''for my friend'' of some other position or recompense down the line.

No , do not make the rest of us laugh at you severe lack of reading the original post (or anything contained therein)

top topics

join