It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats want immigrants, but not in their cities

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

But we don't want them here, it is lefties and "sanctuary cities" and those encouraging them to come here in droves that want them here.

We say "NO" repeatedly and are ignored. We do not want or need illegal aliens in this country.

You want 'em so bad, you all deal with them.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

But we don't want them here, it is lefties and "sanctuary cities" and those encouraging them to come here in droves that want them here.

We say "NO" repeatedly and are ignored. We do not want or need illegal aliens in this country.

You want 'em so bad, you all deal with them.

It seems to me that is not what they want. They want OTHERS to take them into their homes and communities to drain those coffers. Doesn't that sound like a virtue signal mindset, where they will loudly proclaim ans support them coming, but not if it has an affect on them locally.

Haven't we been told repeatedly for 3+ years now that the reason is racism and bigotry against these poor seekers of a better life?

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
a reply to: JOHNMARK012

I would be willing to give a little extra out of my paycheck to pay for "some" refugees, you see I am reasonable I am not calling for 100 million plus refugees to be allowed in.

You need to seriously wake up dude. Post after post you make comments that you are so clueless and oblivious about, that I don't know where to begin with spelling it out for you. It's not just a "little extra out of a paycheck" nor is it just "some" refugee's. There's a much bigger picture and impact than what you're willing to see.

I've mentioned this before and excuse me all for being repetitive, but......

I lived and left a sanctuary state and city and the repercussions of this ideology is killing them as well as the people that live in them, some for generations.

Are you willing to make the same sacrifice I had to as a result of illegal immigration? I had to close my business. No you're not.

Are you willing to give away your job and home for these people? I lost mine after closing business. No you're not.

Are you willing to sacrifice your quality of life for them? I highly doubt it.

I could go on but won't.

These are real cost that have effected and continue to effect American citizens, most recognizably so in sanctuary states. Maybe do some actual research on the subject besides your liberal resources, before you continue to speak about topics that you're not in the least educated about.
edit on 12-4-2019 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Triggered, sjw, racist, virtue signaling. Seems you have covered the talking points very well oh wait you left out libtard.

I try to talk reasonably with you and this is what I get in return. This isn't even the mudpit, where is the civility?

then you have another member threatening to put me on the ignore list because he thinks I'm racist, go ahead call everyone a racist who doesn't agree with you on the ignore list just fill your life up with people who parrot your opinion.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Triggered, sjw, racist, virtue signaling. Seems you have covered the talking points very well oh wait you left out libtard.

I try to talk reasonably with you and this is what I get in return. This isn't even the mudpit, where is the civility?

then you have another member threatening to put me on the ignore list because he thinks I'm racist, go ahead call everyone a racist who doesn't agree with you on the ignore list just fill your life up with people who parrot your opinion.

I am only responding as I am supposed to respond when confronted with the type of comments you have made, right here in this thread.

You made your own bed, time to sleep in it, or give it to one of the asylum seekers you want to come here.

Using a colloquialism, "Put up or Shut up".

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Amen to that Krakatoa

They love to signal their virtuous virtues in their typical virtue signalling ways

But as usual it is all talk and no action

The difference is, we not only didn't ask them to come here but specifically told them point blank we do not want them

Haven't we been told repeatedly for 3+ years now that the reason is racism and bigotry against these poor seekers of a better life?

Oh yes, by those with weak minds and even weaker arguments!

If they want to have illegals here so bad, wonder why they don't want them in their own backyards, showing up with their hands stretched out at their front doors or making tent-cities/make-shift port-a-potties on their local streets and neighborhoods?

Big thumbs down to the lefties and their disgraceful pro-illegal alien efforts

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: Bloodworth
While it is a funny move on trump's part.

But this is still not good. What's keeping the illegals from spreading?

Even if it's to stick it to the liberals, this will ruin the moral fabric of the country.

Many central Americans are known to over populate and have more children then they could handle or that society could handle.

And isn't that what the far left is always saying they will support for these poor undocumented people yearning for a better life? Well, sanctuary cities do offer all kinds of free support for people in that situation. They also openly welcome them and protect them.

Wouldn't it be cruel to NOT send them there, and instead send them to another city that might ignore or worse shun them in their society?

I expect an HONEST answer.

My answer is no mas. sanctuary or not.

Too much too fast

Not enough time for assimilation
America is losing its dominate English language.
Schools are over filled. Portable trailer park classrooms are needed.
Lack of jobs
Lack of resources
They send too much cash out of the country
They avoid taxes

There is literally nothing positive in mass central American immigration

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Reasonable? You just spoke of shoving illegal aliens/"refugees" down our throats and in our communities

How clear do we have to make this: We do not want your illegal aliens, refugees and non-legal immigrants in our communities! If you all want them so bad YOU deal with them alone

There are plenty of Americans without food, without homes, without jobs, without educations... who on God's green Earth do you folks think you are to say a citizen of some foreign country should be entitled to those things when Americans - the people actually supposed to be here - are not?

They are citizens of a foreign nation. They are not our responsibility or problem.

No means no doesn't it?

NO!

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: Bloodworth

Democrats are playing games trying to force Trump to release them into America. So basically, if they have to be released, Trump is saying he will only do so in Sanctuary areas so as to not subject the rest of America to them.

Then again these people are programmed to just go agaisnt anything trump says.

Maybe he should declare open borders so the dems will start a wall...lol

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

by being okay with a reasonable amount of refugees spread out through the entire country that makes me say that I want to shove illegals down your throat? And because I won't take a refugee into my house that makes me a racist? there are all kinds of people that my tax money go to that I wouldn't want living in my house either does that make me a racist against them as well you guys are nuts!!!

I work I have a 40-hour job I pay taxes I have a right to my opinion you have clearly stated yours I feel my opinion is more reasonable but then again don't we all. agree to disagree I respect your opinion as an American and if the majority of Americans feel the same way you do then I have to go along with the majority decision.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 04:43 PM
link   

...refugees spread out through the entire country ...

So, that statement above says those throughout the entire country have no say as to if they even want that. That, my friend, is forcing it down other people's throats. You are trying to dictate to others your personal opinions, all while saying not here...not in my house.

Typical SJW hypocritical rhetoric.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 04:49 PM
link   

And because I won't take a refugee into my house that makes me a racist?

I don't want to see you take a refugee into your home. I want to see you do what others have had to do as a result of your ideological train of thought, I want to see you give it up entirely! You know, really put your money where your mouth is and put yourself in others shoes.

Sound reasonable enough to you?
edit on 12-4-2019 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 04:58 PM
link   

You keep calling them illegals these latest waves have been asylum seekers and are being treated like dogs. Not very American of us. Not very good samaratin behavior.

Are you really this dense.

When the coyotes and everybody that knows the US law says just claim asylum, and take a kid and you will be let in - Don't you realize the vast majority claiming asylum do not really need asylum? They never have to prove they need asylum because the court dates for proving it are years away, and only 1% show up.

You are incredibly ignorant and gullible if you really believe these are people truly seeking asylum. Yeah the vast majority are really poor - but so is 3 billion of the world population. We cannot afford even a tiny tiny fraction using that definition.

And the vast number of kids being brought up are not even related to the people bringing them - they are literally taking orphans as a ticket to get into the US.

Then the lefties want to scream about child separation when like 70-80% are not even related to the people taking them to the border.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
a reply to: mtnshredder

Since I've had a family member slaughtered by an illegal in a sanctuary city, I do agree that the sanctuary city crowd has blood on their hands.

My sincere condolences for your loss Blaine. I wasn't aware and hadn't heard this. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

It's been a few years now. My wife's sister. That's for another thread so this one is not derailed. Thanks, my wife was very hurt by it and three orphans were left as a result. I'll post about it again at some time in the near future.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Refugees are here legally. Stop calling them something other than what they are.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 05:20 PM
link   

This is the problem.

It's not about being unwilling to take in a few. It's about taking in a few legally who came here legally, and then having a bunch more simply crash the border and demand we take them in because they're here now and what are we going to do about it? You want us to take those in, and we don't want them. Why are they more deserving because they demonstrate a flagrant disregard for the law? It's not like they're any less poor or desperate than the ones who apply to seek asylum legally.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

/THREAD

2nd.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: JAGStorm

From your source:

The White House told U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement that the plan was intended to alleviate a shortage of jail space but also served to send a message to Democrats. The attempt at political retribution raised alarm within ICE, with a top official responding that it was rife with budgetary and liability concerns, and noting that “there are PR risks as well.”

After the White House pressed again in February, ICE’s legal department rejected the idea as inappropriate and rebuffed the administration.

A White House official and a spokesman for the DHS sent nearly identical statements to The Post on Thursday, indicating that the proposal is no longer under consideration.

What people need to understand about "Sanctuary Cities" is that the Federal government has every right to operate in them. What they don't have the right to do, and this has been held up in courts, is conscribe local facilities, resources and employees to do the Federal government's job for them. It's a matter of jurisdiction, and of course money. The Federal government can't steal funds from cities that are not allocated or reimbursed.

And, this whole idea of conscribing local facilities, resources and employees came from the Obama Administration and was shot down in the courts. The Trump Administration knows this and Trump is just throwing tantrums and trying enact vengeance on these cities and their populations.

Enact vengeance?
So it's an act of vengeance now to have an illegal alien placed in a sanctuary city?
Interesting. Seems like the left have been exposed.

edit on 12/4/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 06:17 PM
link   

by being okay with a reasonable amount of refugees spread out through the entire country that makes me say that I want to shove illegals down your throat? And because I won't take a refugee into my house that makes me a racist? there are all kinds of people that my tax money go to that I wouldn't want living in my house either does that make me a racist against them as well you guys are nuts!!!

I work I have a 40-hour job I pay taxes I have a right to my opinion you have clearly stated yours I feel my opinion is more reasonable but then again don't we all. agree to disagree I respect your opinion as an American and if the majority of Americans feel the same way you do then I have to go along with the majority decision.

I don't think most Americans are unreasonable. I think most Americans are some of the most open welcoming people on earth. I've even had foreigners tell me that exact phrase. The problem is that it has been taken advantage of one too many times. It's time the pendulum swings back. We need to take care of our own kids, our own veterans, our own homeless. We have too many problems here that are unresolved. It's obvious that our tax money isn't helping these issues.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join