It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Julian Assange arrested at the Ecuadorian embassy in London.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Ummmm, Assange hasnt been providing much hype, or much of anything for Wikileaks in the past 7 years or so. If anything this will cause people to donate MORE to Wikileaks.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: vinifalou

Or are they simply going to conclude that bail jumping charge and let him go? Will he do a year in a city jail?

You reaaally have no clue what you're talking about, do you?

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: PokeyJoe

I was thinking latex skull cap.

"There's lots of pretty girls in Mozambique"

He is going to court to be tried for rape charges?

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: PokeyJoe

Name even one other person connected to Wikileaks.

Even if Assange has been incommunicado for the past seven years, he was still the face of the organization. He was theoretically the man with the plan.

So even if he was hands off for the past seven years, the perception is going to be that WL is now rudderless. That's going to hurt donations.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Slichter

I dont think there are anymore rape charges, either those were dropped, or the statute of limitations has ran out. Hes being arrested for some bail thing in the UK, and to be extradited to the US for the whole Bradley Manning thing.

link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: Assassin82

I agree with a lot of what you said, but Wikileaks might be in trouble. They rely on donations and their figurehead just got arrested. Without a hypeman they're going to quickly find their money starting to dry up.

It’s also possible this might motivate those donors to contribute more. It could inspire someone with access to top secret information to share some new information the public doesn’t know. (Btw...what ever happened to Snowden? Can we even confirm he’s still breathing?)

link   

And my point is that Assange will be as involved in the day to day of Wikileaks in jail in America as much as he has been in the UK at the embassy with no internet connection.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 07:30 AM
link   

To put things in perspective if you were trying to brute force the file; even if a quadrillion processors were doing a quadrillion decryptions every second, the universe would be long dead by the time you ran through every possibility

It's fun to make up numbers n stuff

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Assassin82

So what side is rooting for Assange right now and what side what’s him in prison? He used to be hated by the side that roots for him and then it flippy-flopped.

I've supported Julian Assange from the beginning of the wikileaks releases through to now , I have no side just a belief that what he and his organisation did in exposing criminal actions of our governments and military was right.

#freeassange.
edit on 11-4-2019 by gortex because: spelling

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 07:36 AM
link   
For anyone who is interested, I think I've located the statute which covers the immediate situation (Bail Act 1976);

(1)If a person who has been released on bail in criminal proceedings fails without reasonable cause to surrender to custody he shall be guilty of an offence.

(2)If a person who—

(a)has been released on bail in criminal proceedings, and

(b)having reasonable cause therefor, has failed to surrender to custody,

fails to surrender to custody at the appointed place as soon after the appointed time as is reasonably practicable he shall be guilty of an offence.

(7)A person who is convicted summarily of an offence under subsection (1) or (2) above and is not committed to the Crown Court for sentence shall be liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 3 months or to a fine not exceeding [F117level 5 on the standard scale] or to both and a person who is so committed for sentence or is dealt with as for such a contempt shall be liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 12 months or to a fine or to both.

www.legislation.gov.uk...
edit on 11-4-2019 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-4-2019 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

So you think this is being micromanaged by trump?
Not just the intelligence community doing its job without direct supervision of the president?

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 07:38 AM
link   
John Kiriakou “reluctant whistleblower” to reveal information about the US intelligence community’s use of torture techniques. Joined me for a raw one on one discussion about his time with the CIA, his time in prison, Edward Snowden, Julian Assange. malliard.win/Assange
pbs.twimg.com...

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: panoz77

How can you tell that from that photo?

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Not just the intelligence community doing its job without direct supervision of the president?

That wasn't intended implications on my part. The DOJ could certainly be acting on this one, that said Trump could pardon Assange.

But you missed my real message in that post which is this isn't political so much is it's about what the west does with dissident.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: MRinder

Pardons him for?????

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLead
a reply to: RickinVa

I dont know. Doesnt seem plausible to plan being able to display the book while being arrested.

Let alone we know the media is controlled, and someone allowed that picture to be shown. One great show.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

That wasn't intended implications on my part. The DOJ could certainly be acting on this one, that said Trump could pardon Assange.

But you missed my real message in that post which is this isn't political so much is it's about what the west does with dissident.

Meanwhile the traitors in our own gov make 6 figures for life off tax dollars and million dollar book deals

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou

Isn't he wanted in the UK for jumping bail?
Doesn't that charge carry a one year jail term?
I just read it so if you have counter information please provide it.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 07:44 AM
link   

a reply to: panoz77

How can you tell that from that photo?

Tell what? That he isn't bald? I have eyes and can see grey hair pulled back.

If you are referring to the hands, I can also see exactly what I described, it appears he is holding the book with his right hand and the other hand is from the guy with his back facing the camera.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: Macenroe82

Not a chance. If I remember correctly the encryption on the insurance file is AES256.

It's just going to be a very long string of random characters.

To put things in perspective if you were trying to brute force the file; even if a quadrillion processors were doing a quadrillion decryptions every second, the universe would be long dead by the time you ran through every possibility.

How long are we talking?
First page of the book? First chapter?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join