It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are the biggest mistakes cooking?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight
Well, I've been doing that way for 30 years and it works for me too.

People have changed their own oil without putting jack stands under the car and haven't been crushed to death, it still doesn't make it the right thing to be doing.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Well, I've been doing that way for 30 years and it works for me too.

People have changed their own oil without putting jack stands under the car and haven't been crushed to death, it still doesn't make it the right thing to be doing.

Apples and oranges imo. Actually may I suggest if people are unsure about knife use and safety that they purchase special cut resistant gloves. Where there is a will, there is a way.
edit on 14CDT04America/Chicago01040430 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Not really, right way and wrong way. You can bang nails in with a screwdriver, doesn't mean you're doing it right.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Not really, right way and wrong way. You can bang nails in with a screwdriver, doesn't mean you're doing it right.

To you it is the wrong way, to me it works just fine doing it the way I am doing it.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Good for you, but that video is in the perfect thread for it.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Good for you, but that video is in the perfect thread for it.

So say you, while I say it works for me.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Hi ITL.
That was a great laugh! Thanks.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 04:39 PM
link   

That's nice, the guy is still an idiot.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

Thank you too for the laughs because we certainly need more around here.

I may consider buying this type of serrated knife to cut my onions, along with that really long fake arm on your vid.

edit on 14CDT04America/Chicago05340430 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 04:49 PM
link   

That's nice, the guy is still an idiot.

No he's not.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 05:01 PM
link   

If you understand french: here are some resourceful cooking tips, that may, or may not, include onions.

Please disregard the scantily-clad lady: as their budget couldn't afford proper attire.

Are hot dogs: not like a kind of meat-rope?

edit on 11-4-2019 by Nothin because: sp

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 05:04 PM
link   

You just wanted to slip in that nipple shot.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Yeah it's 'guy' humour: but thought that you might still find it funny, and perhaps another viewer or two.

Anyone serious about knives should consider this knife:

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I've been watching the yooboobs where its important to use a bit of the pasta hot water to add it to your sauce - thickens it up and provides a nice "glaze"

Tried it and it really does make a difference.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Well, good knives are nice, but they won't make you cook any better. They're safer than cheap knives, but they don't make your food any better.

I tend to disagree, a quality knife and keep honing as you're cutting. Its an investment that pays in the long run. I've still using my "good" knives from my first restaurant of 30 years ago.

I also will use 2 non-stick frying pans simultaneously when cooking steaks or bacon & eggs. Keeps the temp consistent.

Another hint is use the right oils for searing. ( canola, Safflower, peanut, sunflower, and soy oils )

I've started using olive oil again instead of virgin olive oil. More flavoursome.

And soaking a whole chook in brine or marinade for about at least 2 hrs will ensure it stays moist - really works.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 05:49 PM
link   

No he's not.

He's knife techniques and advice say 100% otherwise.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 05:55 PM
link   

No he's not.

He's knife techniques and advice say 100% otherwise.

We were originally talking about using a serrated knife vs chefs knife, now you have moved onto ridiculousness. Have fun.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Ok.... I will give away two of my cooking tips. Number one is....if you ever make hotdogs at home (I seldom do... but always Hebrew National brand) always use Frankfurter rolls ( the more squarish ones) and spread a very thin layer of butter on each side of them and brown them in a med heat skillet ( warning they brown very quickly). You won't believe how much better your hotdogs will be.

Number two... when making oatmeal. Add a teaspoon of granulated lecithin and at least a teaspoon of butter to a 1-2 serving size pot of oatmeal. Now when you do this you will want your oatmeal to be of a very thin consistency and stir it well.... the lecithin is an emulsifier of fat (that's why you MUST use it with butter ) and what it does to the oatmeal and butter is nothing short of magic. You won't believe the difference in the texture and consistency ...almost fluffy when stirred vigorously and enough water used. I stumbled onto it one morning while finding a good way to add lecithin to my diet.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 05:13 AM
link   

We were originally talking about using a serrated knife vs chefs knife, now you have moved onto ridiculousness. Have fun.

I mentioned that earlier as well, his knife techniques are atrocious.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Ketchup on a hot dog..... sacrilege.

Kitchen helper.... kaboing.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join