It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Golden Milk - A.K.A. Tumeric Tea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Tastes great - highly beneficial for a variety of medical issues - healthy digestion, immune function, liver function, protection and even reversal of some types of cancer, and non medical like increasing brain power! Incredible for fighting inflammation.

This tea is perfect for maximizing benefits of turmeric because of the heat (temperature) some kind of fat for absorption and a little black pepper to activate the turmeric.

2 Cups of milk of choice such as almond, coconut, pecan, cashew or dairy.
1 Tsp Turmeric
1/2 Cinnamon powder
Pinch of ground black pepper
Tiny piece of fresh peeled ginger root (or 1/4 Tsp of ground ginger)
Pinch of cayenne pepper (can be omitted)
1 Tsp raw honey or maple syrup to taste

Blend all ingredients above until smooth.
Heat over medium heat until hot but not boiling.
Pour and sip!
Enjoy!

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Skorpiogurl

Thanks! I believe I will try this.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Ummm...Yummm…

Now that sounds delicious with the coconut milk...I'm going to try your recipe...

I finally get to use that huge jar of turmeric for something...

Thank you...

YouSir

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Tumeric is great, I cook with it on almost everything, meat-wise anyway, roast potatoes, etc. Will try this as well :-) tnx

Cheers - Dave

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Enjoy! I'm glad I could post something useful!

It's really yummy.. kind of like a spicy cinnamon.
Just make sure you're pretty exact with your measurements and use a whole fat milk regardless of what kind it is!

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I tried a little of turmeric in milk, my daughter was training with a yogi in India and they did that there so she bought some bulk real turmeric from an Indian Store in Minnisota and she gave us some. It actually tastes pretty good.

She is a certified Yoga instructor world wide, she learned from one of the best schools there is. I can't seem to use much turmeric, it negatively effects me so I did lots of research on it. Looking at my genetics I probably should not consume it very often because the method of it's action in the body is already dampened in me genetically. Some people do benefit by consuming turmeric though, I can see it being useful for lots of people. I will always have some in stock though, it has excellent short term medical benefits. I get some turmeric in the mustard when I use it.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I love golden milk!
It was best (pain was gone, energy boosted etc) when I first started making it from some turmeric a friend gave me. I thought I got the same kind when I ran out but it doesn't seem to be as beneficial, not sure what I'm doing wrong but I still enjoy it a lot. I make the paste and keep in fridge for use when I want it, but I think I will try your way and see if I feel results better.
Thx!

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skorpiogurl
Tastes great - highly beneficial for a variety of medical issues - healthy digestion, immune function, liver function, protection and even reversal of some types of cancer, and non medical like increasing brain power! Incredible for fighting inflammation.

This tea is perfect for maximizing benefits of turmeric because of the heat (temperature) some kind of fat for absorption and a little black pepper to activate the turmeric.

2 Cups of milk of choice such as almond, coconut, pecan, cashew or dairy.
1 Tsp Turmeric
1/2 Cinnamon powder
Pinch of ground black pepper
Tiny piece of fresh peeled ginger root (or 1/4 Tsp of ground ginger)
Pinch of cayenne pepper (can be omitted)
1 Tsp raw honey or maple syrup to taste

Blend all ingredients above until smooth.
Heat over medium heat until hot but not boiling.
Pour and sip!
Enjoy!

I would skip the cayenne pepper.Nice anti-parasitic combo and nice liposomal carrier.This in the evening a a big glass of Rosehip water with a dash of coconut oil and a squirt of lemon in the morning and things are all good.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Starcrossd
I love golden milk!
It was best (pain was gone, energy boosted etc) when I first started making it from some turmeric a friend gave me. I thought I got the same kind when I ran out but it doesn't seem to be as beneficial, not sure what I'm doing wrong but I still enjoy it a lot. I make the paste and keep in fridge for use when I want it, but I think I will try your way and see if I feel results better.
Thx!

Interesting! Please let me know if you are getting better results!

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I can't seem to use much turmeric, it negatively effects me so I did lots of research on it. Looking at my genetics I probably should not consume it very often because the method of it's action in the body is already dampened in me genetically.

I've wondered about that myself. I know a jockey of Indian origin who swears by daily turmeric in milk - that's a job where you have to be crazy fit but also keep your weight down.

Meanwhile if I (Scots/English/Norse origin) take turmeric in any sizable amount, I get a rash. Same for apple cider vinegar, another highly touted cure all.

Don't know if it's to do with ancestry or not, but a good reminder that one person's meat is another one's poison. Fresh turmeric does taste really nice, though.

top topics

join