It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missouri Seeks to Propel Second Amendment ‘Sanctuary’ Movement to the Next Level

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Good on you MIssouri, I think this is absurd that this has to be laid out like this. It's already a part of the Constitution yet, having to make it crystal clear by enforcing an already law is likened to a Society gone mad wild.

Missouri is upping the stakes in the Second Amendment Sanctuary effort, moving the issue beyond a police chief, a sheriff or two, or a county council here and there, setting up a city or county gun rights sanctuary.

it’s sad for America that states, such as Missouri, now feel they must pass special laws to secure their citizens’ unalienable rights.

According to CBS affiliate KFVS 12, the Missouri Senate and House have proposed a “Second Amendment Preservation Act” or SB367 and HB786. Lawmakers seek to “enact nine new sections to the right to bear arms.” This act would also invalidate future federal laws that overtly infringe on the Second Amendment.

edit on 28-3-2019 by Artemis12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Did it go through?

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Good for them. Thank God I was born and raised in the free state of Tennessee. I think the West coasters and damn Yankee’s have lost their minds. They give up their freedom with out a fight.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I'm ashamed to live here. Being the meth capital of the world is really starting to take its toll.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 09:28 PM
link   
If you did a little research, you might see that nearly EVERY state in the USA claims they are the meth capital of the USA. Missouri just got a bit of props from certain Netflix shows. Makes it seem a bit more real that way.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
I'm ashamed to live here. Being the meth capital of the world is really starting to take its toll.

Judging from your posts, I honestly assumed that's why you lived there.

Just an opinion, of course.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Where is here?

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Oh, HURRDUUURRR, hardy har. I left drugs back in high school. Haven't touched any since '96.

This is what meth addiction looks like:

Trump supporters. Our trailer parks and HUD housing are filled with MAGA folks such as this guy.

originally posted by: Nickn3

...Missouri.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 06:38 AM
link   

You could move to Chicago.
I hear it is nice there.
No drugs or gang shootings there.

Probably so much better than rural Missouri.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

No thanks. It's actually really nice here, just a huge chunk of the population is really embarrassing.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I guess we got bumped down to 3rd recently:

Damn... it was the only thing we could ever say we were the best at

Here's what it does to your teeth:

Bad stuff.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 12:12 PM
link   

There is help available for you...

Addiction and Rehab Hotlines
addictionresource.com...

I never tried crystal, but I know what its like to fight an addiction. Feel free to PM me if you wanna talk to someone who understands. No judgment here.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 12:27 PM
link   

I guess we got bumped down to 3rd recently:

Damn... it was the only thing we could ever say we were the best at

Here's what it does to your teeth:

Bad stuff.

Well, I promise you, once we get your life together, we will find you a good orthodontist to make you a good set of dentures.

I'm assuming that must be either you, or a close friend, since you have personal knowledge of what happens inside their mouth.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Nope. I look like this:

Rather in shape, and I have all of my teeth.

My life is very much together, with 4 sources of income and a modern 5 bedroom house. I've had dental insurance since I was 20 and my choppers are in very good condition. Never touched meth, but I've seen the effects of it all around me my entire life. Lost a few friends and family members to it. Only one died, the others I just shunned from my life.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

Color me surprised. You look like a man for Gods sake. What the hell happened to you to make you have such beliefs? Is that your son, or nephew? Don't you have a bit of concern for the world he is growing up in? You should be glad he will be able to legally defend himself against the meth heads.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 01:31 PM
link   

All the more reason to protect the unalienable rights of Citizens

When some cracked out meth head comes charging at you/your family, having the appropriate firepower in response will determine whether you live or die

Our fine men and women of law enforcement will never make it in time to stop an attack/murder. That is solely up to you and each individual Citizen. Police investigate violations of law and bring the perpetrator to justice 99% of the time after the crime takes place. Sure, there is a rare 1% where they can stop the crimes before they happen but it is never in response to a 911 call and always a function of either 1) already being there on another assignment or 2) pure luck

In any case, the major drug epidemic you mention merely reinforces the exigent need to preserve, protect and defend the gun rights of US citizens. There's isn't a low life junkie scum bag on this planet that can overrun a well armed citizenry

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 01:33 PM
link   

All jabs aside (and rest assured, they were only in jest), wouldn't your argument bolster the need to protect gun rights?

Of course it is not based on "need" the second amendment (like all the amendments in the BOR) lays out our unalienable rights and it is on that justification alone they should be protected and preserved

As someone who has children (a child?) in such an area, surely you can understand the folly of allowing law-breaking druggies the advantage of unarmed victims
edit on 3/29/2019 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Didn't I see you in Aquaman?

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Oh, HURRDUUURRR, hardy har. I left drugs back in high school. Haven't touched any since '96.

This is what meth addiction looks like:

Trump supporters. Our trailer parks and HUD housing are filled with MAGA folks such as this guy.

originally posted by: Nickn3

...Missouri.

I apologize, I didnt see this post.

That guy looks like he is wanting to defend his family against meth heads. Also, there is no evidence he is a Trump supporter. It looks like this photo may have been taken in the 80s or 90s?

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

Looks like that to me too

Just someone wanting to defend his family from cracked out druggies and violent criminals

I don't see the problem here either. Certainly nothing to indicate who he voted for (not that it matters). He's simply stating he won't waste his time calling 911 before taking down the dangerous intruder who is stupid enough to come after him or his family

top topics

<<   2 >>

join