It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump tells Russia to leave Venezuela-All options open

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump on Wednesday called on Russia to pull its troops from Venezuela and warned that “all options” were open to make that happen. “Russia has to get out,” Trump told reporters in the Oval Office, where he met with Fabiana Rosales, the wife of Venezuelan opposition leader Juan Guaido.

Two Russian air force planes landed outside Caracas on Saturday carrying nearly 100 Russian troops. The U.S. government believes the troops include special forces and cybersecurity personnel.

Asked how he would make Russian forces leave, Trump said: “We’ll see. All options are open.” Trump and Vice President Mike Pence met with Rosales to express support for her

www.reuters.com...

It's getting HOT in Venezuela with the Power Grid down for a second time and russian troops showing up to inflame an already tense situation.

This could get very ugly!

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

Bit of a brass neck is it not?

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   
This should titillate all those war drum-beating "progressives" eh? Even moreso because RUSSIA!!!

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 11:59 AM
link   

No problem...just call his buddy Vlad...I'm sure when Putin stops laughing....he'll just send more troops there...

Remember: DJT and him are buds.Right? He believes him over our own intelligence advisors...and so it will go...nowhere.

Everyone forgot about the besties????

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Dont you worry despite Trumps active attempts of diplomacy throughout the world the relationship is actively being sabotaged by those whom profit from war so you can be happy from a heaping ash at your victory of obtaining war.

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: EchoesInTime

It's getting HOT in Venezuela with the Power Grid down for a second time and russian troops showing up to inflame an already tense situation.

The Russians are not there to "inflame" anything. They are there (by invitation) to prevent the US from illegally overthrowing yet another government.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   

What possible leverage does Trump have to force Russia out?

He's not going to engage militarily against Russia, and we've already sanctioned them to hell and back (and for the most part Trump has been reticent to sanction - or in some cases wants to remove the sanctions anyways).

Is it all just posturing for the sake of his supporters here at home?

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
This should titillate all those war drum-beating "progressives" eh? Even moreso because RUSSIA!!!

I'm sure Bolton will keep trump calm and in his current diplomatic trend like with Lil rocket man Kim.

www.theatlantic.com...

edit on 27-3-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

It seems both sides of the aisle agree with intervention into Venezuela.

That being said, it is curious the uptick in mainstream Democrats not only OK with war, but celebrating the idea post 9/11.

Even the MSM took time away from their daily Trump bashing to praise his strike (symbolic nothing bombs) in Syria.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Dbl
edit on 27-3-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I'd never thought I'd say I'm more worried about someone else's foreign policy than Bolton's... But there is a first for everything.

Elliot Abrams is the one we need to worry about in this scenerio, IMO.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Asked how he would make Russian forces leave, Trump said: “We’ll see. All options are open.”

Available options.
1, Ask Russia to leave.
2, Harsh Words.
3, More harsh words.

I see no other options.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

It seems both sides of the aisle agree with intervention into Venezuela.

...Even the MSM took time away from their daily Trump bashing to praise his strike (symbolic nothing bombs) in Syria.

Funny how that works. All the MSM usually get on board any wars that the deep state covet.

I feel for Venezuela too but I'm quite torn on the issue.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: olaru12

I'd never thought I'd say I'm more worried about someone else's foreign policy than Bolton's... But there is a first for everything.

Elliot Abrams is the one we need to worry about in this scenerio, IMO.

OMG...you're right....God help us!!

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Asked how he would make Russian forces leave, Trump said: “We’ll see. All options are open.”

Available options.
1, Ask Russia to leave.
2, Harsh Words.
3, More harsh words.

I see no other options.

Those are still plural options... From my understanding, all of them are on the table.

(Joking aside, the continuing crippling of their crude oil industry is an added one).

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Funny how that works. All the MSM usually get on board any wars that the deep state covet.

While I may disagree with his personal politics, Noam Chomsky was bashing the MSM war profiteers before it was cool.

I feel for Venezuela too but I'm quite torn on the issue.

As am I... They need someone's help, just not ours.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

He believes him over our own intelligence advisors...

Considering both 3 letter agencies, along with other politicians and the media spent two years trying to sabotage his presidency and get him impeached........

I cant say I blame him........

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

When Trump said 'russia has to get out' there was stunned silence for a couple seconds in that room. He managed to render the media speechless! He had to prompt them to ask another question.

Another thing, if the U.S. is behind the power grid being down as many are saying, I vehemently disagree with the V people suffering. It's bad enough they barely eat. They should have at least have electricity.

edit on 27-3-2019 by EchoesInTime because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

What possible leverage does Trump have to force Russia out?

He's not going to engage militarily against Russia, and we've already sanctioned them to hell and back (and for the most part Trump has been reticent to sanction - or in some cases wants to remove the sanctions anyways).

Is it all just posturing for the sake of his supporters here at home?

Then I guess we don't have to worry about him drawing a red line to back down from.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 01:22 PM
link   

“Russia has to get out,”

Anyone heard if Putin has stopped laughing yet ?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join