It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden criticizes ‘white man’s culture,’ role in Hill hearing

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

evangelicals

Now you're really showing off that white leftist brain-trust

You do realize there are far more religious groups than "evangelicals" out there don't you?

Yet, for some reason, all you sour grape white leftists love going on your websites and bitching about "evangelicals"

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Speaking of politics... how did your latest nothing-burger taste?

You do know that "collusion illusion" you all had turned out to be nothing but a big hunk of phooey don't you? Seems to me you owe your President and his voters a huge apology for being so wrong

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

We're not wrong. We're being lied to and gaslighted, being told we didn't hear and see what we heard and saw.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   

You do realize there are far more religious groups than "evangelicals" out there don't you?

Religious groups aren't threatening women's rights, LGBT rights, the rights of the non-rich to access governmental resources or trying to cut off the poor from health care and the social safety net. Evangelicals are doing that, with the blessing of and through the Trump administration.

Religious groups aren't trying to cause Armageddon, so that all the sinners and Jews die and the world as we know it is destroyed, and Jesus comes back to rule with an iron and loving fist! Evangelical are.

edit on 27-3-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

We're not wrong. We're being lied to and gaslighted, being told we didn't hear and see what we heard and saw.

Actually, you were wrong.

You were gaslighted by your own party, yes, who farmed your outrage for votes, celebrity and donations. Liberal billionaires used you all as "attack dogs" (figuratively speaking only, not calling you all dogs) against Trump. Just as the Dem party in one southern state (at least one) was caught RED HANDED inventing a self-described "false flag" with fake Russian troll bots that was aimed at Dem voters! Your own party is gaslighting you, not us... we told you it was a nonsensical BS narrative from the get-go.

But yes Sookie, anyone pushing the "collusion" nonsense has been proven wrong I am sorry to tell you that. You all spent 2 years talking up Mueller, so I'm sorry but there is no going back from that.

being told we didn't hear and see what we heard and saw.

Do elaborate, please

edit on 3/27/2019 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Religious groups aren't trying to cause Armageddon, so that all the sinners and Jews die and the world as we know it is destroyed, and Jesus comes back to rule with an iron and loving fist! Evangelical are.

They are doing this in between supporting Israel and the Jewish state unconditionally, or.... ? You should check the news, it is muslims like Tlaib and Omar who hate the Jewish people. Conservatives stand behind them 100%, through thick and thin. Hell, our President was the first one to keep his promise about moving the embassy (the same promise every President including Obama made but reneged on)

..and nobody is trying to "cause armageddon" that was a looney conspiracy theory started about Trump which of course did not come true

Religious groups aren't threatening women's rights, LGBT rights, the rights of the non-rich to access governmental resources or trying to cut off the poor from health care and the social safety net. Evangelicals are doing that, with the blessing of and through the Trump administration.

What women's rights? Your self-declared "right" to abort a baby after it is born (AKA murder) ? Or to abort a baby a short time before birth? Yeah, I oppose those too

You can already get abortions, albeit not whenever you want. Don't want to be pregnant? Don't have sex. Or use birth control. Why should it be our responsibility to pay for women to have abortions - pregnancy is an AVOIDABLE condition.

LGBT rights? Well, our President was the FIRST and ONLY GOP candidate to *ever* hold the Gay Pride flag up on a stage. Conservatives stand in solidarity with our fellow patriots, some of which are part of the LGBT group you mention. Absolutely no problem with them at all, even though I may not personally agree with their lifestyle choices I respect their right to make that choice

What non-rich access to government resources? What are you talking about here?

Once again, nobody is trying to cut the poor off from healthcare. If you are truly poor, you already qualify for medicaid and/or medicare (which we all pay into). And what social safety net is that? Unless your legs and arms are broken, you should be working not expecting the rest of us to pay for you or anybody else

Now.. lets look at the big pink elephant in the room...

None of the things you mentioned here are Constitutionally enumerated rights!

I'm more concerned with upholding and defending the Constitution, not dealing with a bunch of wedge issues that only matter to a tiny fraction of Americans.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Yeah, agreed
a reply to: blueman12

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Sure there are evangelicals that have such beliefs and organize around them. I have criticized them for that.

However, not only do many Muslim sects have anti women, anti gay, and anti secular government views, arguably MORE Muslims believe in those ideas.

Orthodox Jews generally don’t have tolerant views of lgbt.

Hindus can be extremely conservative in their own right, both with women’s roles and class/caste.

Unless you call out all such sects, it’s biased or hypocritical.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 01:59 PM
link   
It amazes me that mystically now leftists at least in the west play apologists for Islamic fundamentalists.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 02:00 PM
link   

That's some funny propaganda. I don't know a single evangelical trying to start Armageddon.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14
It amazes me that mystically now leftists at least in the west play apologists for Islamic fundamentalists.

It really does take the cake doesn't it ?

They claim to support women and LGBT and liberty... but islamic fundie ideology is diametrically opposed to those values

They force women to wear full body costumes, and call them "naked" without them
They stone homosexuals and lesbians to death
They force women into a life of servitude under the watchful "ownership" of their family-appointed husband
...and heaven forbid if you choose to practice your own religious beliefs vs. drink the mohamed kool-aid. They will stone you to death for that too
...support Israel or America? Prepare for decapitation
...Want to be married to just one man? Too bad, in some sects taking on multiple-husbands is a requirement for women
...and abortions? When's the last time you heard of an abortion in a fundie state like Iran?
...and so much more

Of course the big one is Sharia law. Sharia law is INCOMPATIBLE with liberty in any form and is the ultimate expression of a church controlled state (something they claim to oppose when it comes to Christians). The message is clear: secular, secular, secular... unless it involves muslims.

Excellent, excellent points

edit on 3/27/2019 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Mike Pompeo forcefully preaches that "“We will continue to fight these battles, it is a never ending struggle… until the Rapture," Mike Pompeo said. You can't have a rapture without an Armageddon.

Armageddon: Pence, Israel and the Evangelicals www.counterpunch.org...

When the United States recognized the capital of Israel to be Jerusalem we do so, at least in part, to summon the Messiah and begin preparation for the battle at Armageddon. That is what the Christian Zionists believe, and have relentlessly demanded of the administration. Armageddon is to be the final battle to rid the world of all non-Christians Zionists. The bible tells us Jesus will be back to fix it all.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Well the new brainwashed half educated ones do. Old school lefties like myself aren’t anti Muslim, but recognize that many Muslim sects and countries are totally illiberal. Ideology is not a race. Bad or extreme versions of an ideology, just like militant communism or certain sects of Christianity, can and should be examined critically. This is especially true where adherents want or have power to implement such ideas.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Well there may be more than a few obsessed with eschatology and the end times.

There are evangelicals who state they have to support Israel at all costs due to the Bible, and support aggressive foreign policy initiatives again based on a Biblical world view. Some have said they do so to fulfill the requirements of the end times.
There were officials in the Bush admin referring to Middle East wars within biblical parameters.
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

edit on 27-3-2019 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Right, I believe that too

Still says nothing about CAUSING it

You pulled a non-sequitur, nice

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich just said that Joe Biden might want to rethink running for president, because his former boss Barack Obama it's probably going to be in a lot of hot water... due to Spygate Revelations about to be revealed.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 03:29 PM
link   
This is called manipulation through the guise of empowerment. Everything he is talking about from a historical standpoint is no longer systemically present today. The problem is the democrats have nothing left to sell you except the guise of empowerment so their salespeople are out there busily drumming up business and creating demand.

All you have to do is look at the 2018 midterms as a perfect example for what I am saying here. We had a historic number of females elected to congress with the poster boy for the patriarchy in the oval office at the height of his powers. And absolutely nothing changed systemically to make this happen. Amazing that. It's almost as if their boogeyman isn't real.

If Biden wants to apologize for something he and his party are responsible for then let's have a conversation about the redlining that happened during the New Deal policies under FDR. It's funny to me that of all the old white men being cancelled the one the new left chooses to hold up as a beacon for what a president should be is responsible for the most deleterious policies that decimated minority communities that they are still reeling from today.

If you are not familiar with redlining read about it HERE.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Yeah, I read about this earlier, and I see how it could be a problem to run on a platform that is against who he is as a person. Biden would probably get beaten by other liberals with the same view, who might be black or female, or whatever else. It seems to me like liberals will be attracted to anyone but a rich, old, white male for President in the coming election. Unless it is Bernie Sanders.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 05:30 PM
link   
And trumps non embrace of denouncing people based on sex and race (because it's racist and prejudice you bigot) compared to Biden has hurt him how exactly?

Which of the two is president?

Have a margarita to go with your salt, it goes down easier.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 05:30 PM
link   
And trumps non embrace of denouncing people based on sex and race (because it's racist and prejudice you bigot) compared to Biden has hurt him how exactly?

Which of the two is president?

Have a margarita to go with your salt, it goes down easier.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join