It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Houston Disaster Spills Into Channel as Illness Proliferates

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Oil byproducts from a damaged storage facility contaminated the Houston Ship Channel and created a cloud of cancer-causing benzene over the waterway, the latest mutation of one of the worst Gulf Coast chemical disasters in more than a decade.

The U.S. Coast Guard is forbidding vessel traffic on a stretch of the key industrial shipping route after a wall collapse and fire at Intercontinental Terminals Co.’s already-damaged chemical storage complex on Friday. A mix of toxic gasoline ingredients, firefighting foam and dirty water flowed from the site into the channel, and a benzene plume above the water poses a threat to ship crews, said Coast Guard Capt. Kevin Oditt.

Houston Disaster Spills Into Channel as Illness Proliferates

This disaster has been flying under the radar it seems. This is the first I have heard of it. It looks really bad. Does anyone on ATS have some inside info?

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 11:20 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

They keep putting it out, but it keeps starting up again.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

just let it burn. chemicals have no effect on the environment.

let it burn and rebuild.

any adverse effects which may result are purely coincidental and orchestrated by the Chinese.

maga.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: maxey

Thanks for the link. I missed that, I guess because I searched Houston fire.

Houston is turning into a toxic mess between this and the floods from the hurricane.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

I don't understand what you are getting at, I believe Houston has been run by democrats for at least the last few decades.

edit on 24-3-2019 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars

I don't understand what you are getting at, I believe Houston has been run by democrats for at least the last few decades.

He is saying that, since Trump brought back some jobs and deregulated the coal industry that means conservatives believe pollution is not harmful at all.

The real truth is, we know it is harmful but recognize that it isnt helpful to hold ourselves to such stringent standards when no body else abides by them, especially when China is set to overtake us economically if we continue at this rate, so it made sense to relax the regulations a little bit.

On Topic- I cant help but wonder if this was not an accident. The Deep State is in a state of P.A.N.I.C. (Patriots Are Now In Control)
edit on 3/24/2019 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 12:49 PM
link   

I'll bet going around your house or apartment would provide a huge dose of irony as we uncovered all the various items you depend on produced using the products of facilities like this one.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I'll bet going around your house or apartment would provide a huge dose of irony as we uncovered all the various items you depend on produced using the products of facilities like this one.

Or , products just as harmful.

new topics

top topics

join