It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do You Think It's Possible,The Universe Is Only 6000 Years Old

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

You seem to miss the point.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I was only referring to the common classic, description of God, Elohim mean He/She. Get over it.

link   

I was only referring to the common classic, description of God, Elohim mean He/She. Get over it.

link   

link   

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
The universe being a hologram or simulation is even more farcical than the flat earth theory or creationism.

The hologram ideal is pure science, not like the 'Flat earth". Two scientist one work in space the other working on Earth, came up with same ideal, ruffly at the same time. It was found in space that the feed back resonance, in outer space, mimic that of a hologram, they even built another space craft, to investigate, the phoneme. The scientist on earth, found the human brain, or I would guess, any brain was like some type of hologram type reader or something of that sort.
They theorize that all the information only needs 2 dimensions, to place the information for a 3 dimensional Universe.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: OOOOOO

I'm breaking protocol here. I'm not supposed to reveal this, but, consider this a temptation:

You are the creator of the universe. You created this universe last (that is, this most recent) Thursday at noon, and it will expire next (that is, this upcoming) Thursday at noon. Everything you perceive as predating last Thursday was planted by You in order to create the impression of an ancient universe governed by natural laws. This planted evidence includes all of your memories and all physical evidence of prior events.

You created the universe as a test for you. Everyone who is not you is an aspect of You, placed here to complete the environment for the test. Everyone but you is aware of this.
The Creed of Last Thursdayism

I don't fear judgement, because, hey! I will just show up again next Thursday; or not.
The test is yours, and yours alone.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: madenusa
Which evolved first...the mouth, the stomach, the digestive fluids, or the ability of the body to get rid of waste?

The Chicken or the egg?

That's simple it was the egg, but it wasn't a chicken that laid it.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

"When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is possible, he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is impossible, he is very probably wrong." - Arthur C. Clarke

emphasis added

I like that. Clark put probably there, for obvious reasons.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu
I'm a protestant Christian. I read the Bible. I believe in God.

Even I know the universe is more than 6000 year old. Literal translation of the Bible is a phenomenon that is no more than 200 years old. Prior to that, people had the common sense to understand that the Old Testament was based on oral tradition & allegories. Many people still do.

I'm sorry, this thread is not really about the universe being 6000 years old, but about if a Creator made the Universe as a Hologram or Simulation, it could be, 1 day old all of your memories, history could just be bits and bites of information, stored on a 2 dimensional memory space, some where with the Creator.

There is a Master computer some where, that is so great, it doesn't even exist.
I sorry you just imageded all this, all is illusion, done with smoke and mirrors.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Without Form And Void is also spoken of as "destroyed or laid waste" in Jeremiah 4

“For my people are foolish; they know me not; they are stupid children; they have no understanding. They are ‘wise’—in doing evil! But how to do good they know not.”

I looked on the earth, and behold, it was without form and void; and to the heavens, and they had no light.

I looked on the mountains, and behold, they were quaking, and all the hills moved to and fro.

I looked, and behold, there was no man, and all the birds of the air had fled.

I looked, and behold, the fruitful land was a desert, and all its cities were laid in ruins before the LORD, before his fierce anger.

I think like who is it the Hopie Indians, say" The earth has been destroyed 5 or 6 times so far", like they found a hammer that was a million years old. The have found all kinds of things that are millions of years old that should not be there, found dinosaur tracks next to human foot prints. The Blue Cachina.
Yes I think Nemesis, will return within the next 15 years. There are are even more large planets NASA knows about, in this solar system, some are on 90,000 year orbit and we would never even know they exist unless the disrupt a few comets.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: pthena

I'm breaking protocol here. I'm not supposed to reveal this, but, consider this a temptation:

You are the creator of the universe. You created this universe last (that is, this most recent) Thursday at noon, and it will expire next (that is, this upcoming) Thursday at noon. Everything you perceive as predating last Thursday was planted by You in order to create the impression of an ancient universe governed by natural laws. This planted evidence includes all of your memories and all physical evidence of prior events.

You created the universe as a test for you. Everyone who is not you is an aspect of You, placed here to complete the environment for the test. Everyone but you is aware of this.
The Creed of Last Thursdayism

I don't fear judgement, because, hey! I will just show up again next Thursday; or not.
The test is yours, and yours alone.

Nothing is wrong in the Universe, Pure Zen, how could something be wrong. The Earth as this Universe will some day be perfected. that is part of the problem, some place a dismal end to the Universe. They leave us and others like us out of the Universal Equation. There exist now Beings in this Universe, if revealed to you, you would think of as Gods, but are only part, of the Creation.
Things are never as bad as they seem.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   

They leave us and others like us out of the Universal Equation. There exist now Beings in this Universe, if revealed to you, you would think of as Gods, but are only part, of the Creation.

I'm not sure who they are. Is that the people who have some grand teleological idea about their own place in eternity?

I'm an animist basically, so yeah, my gods and goddesses are part of this universe. They are older than me and will extend on longer than me, but not immortal.

I don't know how old they are. I kind of go by what the science based teachers teach. No compelling reason to argue with them.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: icanteven

If one believes the universe is a hologram, then anything is possible, I suppose. The universe could be 6,000 years old or as old as your consciousness. How would you know?

I have an alternate theory: Perhaps we are all bitcoins being traded on a divine blockchain.

They are trying to test this as we type, but that would seem a long ways down the road, to prove the Hologram theory.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: pthena

They leave us and others like us out of the Universal Equation. There exist now Beings in this Universe, if revealed to you, you would think of as Gods, but are only part, of the Creation.

I'm not sure who they are. Is that the people who have some grand teleological idea about their own place in eternity?

I'm an animist basically, so yeah, my gods and goddesses are part of this universe. They are older than me and will extend on longer than me, but not immortal.

I don't know how old they are. I kind of go by what the science based teachers teach. No compelling reason to argue with them.

They finally figured out the answer to the equation, the answer was one. The Nothing is extremely boring, I was screaming to get out of that place, though that might be a contradiction.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   

They finally figured out the answer to the equation, the answer was one. The Nothing is extremely boring, I was screaming to get out of that place, though that might be a contradiction.

One is the loneliest number that you'll ever do.
Might be a contradiction?
No(thing) is the saddest experience you'll ever know.
You can know it as an experience, but not quite experience it as an experience.
Screaming is an experienced experience,
so yes, quite the contradiction.

Note: This got me stuck in stream of consciousness. It has been proposed that such entanglement is unproductive.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Implying that either space or time are not infinite existences concludes that God is also not infinite of Structure, Mind and Presence. That is the most extreme form of blasphemy that a person can utter.
edit on 24-3-2019 by tkwasny because: Typo correction

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: nOraKat

I actually met a guy who believed its all a hoax and that dinosaur bones were implanted

I work with a guy who literally thinks dinosaurs are fake and never existed. These people really do exist.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Before the Abrahamic religion god was normally shown as a woman.
Have birth to the universe I suppose.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I do not believe the Universe is 6000 yrs old, nor 13.5 Billion yrs old. The universe is timeless, infinite and eternal.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join