It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do You Think It's Possible,The Universe Is Only 6000 Years Old

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: richapau

The fewer declarative statements one makes, the less foolish one looks in retrospect.

Jaden

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: OOOOOO

First the Universe is analog and not a digital computer simulation. The laws of quantum mechanics are nothing like Newtonian physics. We live in a spiritual Universe where the IT that decides which quantum state gets realized by observation or the exact moment of radio active decay is a consciousness we are incapable of comprehending.

That said, however, since an omnipotent God exists without having any limitations by definition, then surely and omnipotent God can create the Universe in any amount of time including all the fake carbon dating and fossil evidence. And omnipotent God could have created the Universe only a few moments ago with all your fake memories and experiences intact.

As human beings we associate meaning with our experiences. We are the Universes way of experiencing itself. There is no doubt the spiritual Universe behaves with a purpose. Our goal is to listen hard enough so we are capable of appreciating the infinite greatness that is God. I see the billions of years of evolution as Gods way of creating greater and greater levels of consciousness capable of appreciating the absolute perfection that is God. I imagine there are many other creatures living on other planets in the Universe who experience God in a much deeper and profound way than human beings will ever be able to achieve.

edit on 24-3-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   

"Do You Think It's Possible,The Universe Is Only 6000 Years Old"

No.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Yes I do think it's possible, and I think it would take some next level arrogance for anyone to suggest that they KNOW how old the universe is.

link   
a reply to: Masterjaden

What if it was actually 6 galactic years ago?

6.666 galactic years ago Eukaryotes appear:

Eukaryotes are organisms whose bodies are made up of eukaryotic cells, such as protists, fungi, plants and animals. Eukaryotic cells are cells that contain a nucleus and organelles, and are enclosed by a plasma membrane.

Eukaryote source

Cells that can create plants, animals, fungi, etc comes along, it does sound like creation.

6.666 is just a coincidence, right? Hell if I know...

link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
The universe being a hologram or simulation is even more farcical than the flat earth theory or creationism.

I tend to agree with this statement. There is nothing about the way the Universe behaves that is like the Von Neumann architecture of a computer.

edit on 24-3-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75
Yes I do think it's possible, and I think it would take some next level arrogance for anyone to suggest that they KNOW how old the universe is.

I agree with this statement. There are some physicists who claim white holes come from black holes. In other words, our Big Bang is the result of a star collapsing to black hole in another previously existing space-time dimension. This larger view of Time changes our perspective on the age of the Universe.

What are white holes?

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 10:18 AM
link   
There is evidence that there are dinosaurs alive today, that would mean that dinosaur bones don’t need to be billions or trillions of years old and dating methods are wrong.
It may be 6000 years old or trillions, it may even be a child’s computer program, we can only guess
I wouldn’t play this game if it was for free

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 10:19 AM
link   

No.

There are structures on Earth that have been dated to 9,000BC

With buildings dating back to 9,000 BC, these are some of the world's oldest structures that have stood the test of time

allthatsinteresting.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 10:19 AM
link   

If one believes the universe is a hologram, then anything is possible, I suppose. The universe could be 6,000 years old or as old as your consciousness. How would you know?

I have an alternate theory: Perhaps we are all bitcoins being traded on a divine blockchain.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

I never understood the whole long white beard thing.

Clearly God is a woman.

Yeah, that's why "she" made men more important than women for 7800 years lol. Liberals never cease to amaze me :-)

Cheers - Dave

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

Clearly God is a woman.

Yeah, that's why "she" made men more important than women for 7800 years lol. Liberals never cease to amaze me

Hate much!

Clearly God is a woman. No man could ever create something so God damn beautiful.

Can God have a thought so complex that even she can't understand it?

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 10:40 AM
link   

There is a non-zero probability that this reality construct was created with a predefined "past" about 12,000 years ago. 6000 years is a little light since it appears that there is somewhat of a marginalized history from 8000-10000bce. Of course it could be argued that creation occured 13+ billion years ago and this reality construct is the natural evolution of that event.

However, these are timelines based on relativistic subjective time within the reality construct being analyzed, which makes any measurement a tad nonsensical, since the system changes proportionally according to field system outside the reality construct.

Using an absolute temporal frame of reference, this reality construct may have been created yesterday at 3:14am after a night of binge drinking in the ai programming lab, their time, since our time is relativistic and not absolute.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 3/24.2019 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Clearly God is a woman.

Yeah, that's why "she" made men more important than women for 7800 years lol. Liberals never cease to amaze me :-)

Cheers - Dave

Go tell that your mother.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: moebius

Clearly God is a woman.

Cheers - Dave

Go tell that your mother.

I have lol, she does not disagree :-)

Cheers - Dave

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Fascinating theory... they all are.

I have one too...

We're microbes scurrying around on a speck of dirt who don't know squat.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Masterjaden
a reply to: richapau

The fewer declarative statements one makes, the less foolish one looks in retrospect.

Jaden

To add to that....

"When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is possible, he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is impossible, he is very probably wrong." - Arthur C. Clarke

Cheers - Dave

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Clearly God is a woman.

Yeah, that's why "she" made men more important than women for 7800 years lol. Liberals never cease to amaze me

Hate much!

Clearly God is a woman. No man could ever create something so God damn beautiful.

Can God have a thought so complex that even she can't understand it?

I love women and I've loved a lot of them :-) to say I hate is actually a reflection on your state of mind, not mine. You might inquire as to how to obtain a clue, purchased or rented, since you most definitely require one :-)

Cheers - Dave
edit on 3/24.2019 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Time did not exist till the bang, or I should say during the existence of the singularity.

The forth dimension, a three dimensional object moving in a three dimensional space.

The 6000 year theory is as old as the bible I would guess.

I could care less how old this Universe is, I would assume it to be one of the small ones only being 10 to the 80th.

You would have to create a Universe, first to have time to bend, I would think.

It's Universe 6000 years old since creation, 7 days to make, but by perspective, what would that even mean.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I can't verify that this reality is even any older than I am. If we are in a simulation, all I can know is that which I personally know is real. All evidence created in a simulation could be unreal. As far as I can say, I am sure that everything I perceive is real in my lifetime, anything else could possibly just be made up.

I am bound to believe what I am told though, to fit properly into society I must parrot what they say is real. So I will say that the Universe is very old, based on what I have learned from others throughout my life. Evidence shows that there was life before six years ago and I will parrot this, but I also will say that I do not believe all dinosaurs went extinct millions of years ago, evidence shows there could have been some living when Hominids were here on earth. An image of a dinosaur ground into the stone of a pyramid shows someone probably saw one.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join