It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Common Sense and Science Prevails

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 06:06 AM
link   
This article appeared in Physics World this morning. It's an excellent example of how discovery, evidence and a good explanation that anyone can understand can work in concert to bring REAL science to the public.

CLIMATE RESEARCH UPDATE
Evangelical source changes evangelical minds on climate
21 Mar 2019

Hayhoe believes the work suggests that clear factual presentations endorsed by a trusted source can be highly effective. “We would encourage faith-based community leaders – academics, pastors and so on – who are concerned about stewardship and climate change to use videos like this with their constituents,” he says. More broadly, the findings indicate that people are more open to changing their mind about controversial topics when information is endorsed by their own community. “If true this carries enormous implications for outreach and engagement to groups and on topics far beyond the scope of our study,” Hayhoe adds.

physicsworld.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Phantom423

So this guy wants religions to start preaching from the anthropogenic climate change bible to help brainwash the religious crowd to their preferred brand of brainwashing.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 06:50 AM
link   

physicsworld.com...

Hayhoe believes the work suggests that clear factual presentations endorsed by a trusted source can be highly effective. “We would encourage faith-based community leaders – academics, pastors and so on – who are concerned about stewardship and climate change to use videos like this with their constituents,” he says.

Cults have known the power of propaganda for a long time. Whats new? The power of video.....LOL

to use videos like this with their constituents,

The MSM have been using these tools for generations.

When they show their congregations that support for imperialistic US MIC ends in suffering for millions around the world I may take Evangelical Christians seriously

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

You said it better than me

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Stewards not Lords.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

So this guy wants religions to start preaching from the anthropogenic climate change bible to help brainwash the religious crowd to their preferred brand of brainwashing.

Yep! Ole Susan Hayhoe is the woman behind this. She is a product of Union of Concerned Scientists. They have all kinds of political money coming in.

Union of Concerned Scientists]

Check out the money they have coming in and how they conduct surveys to claim they have a scientific consenus.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 07:15 AM
link   
While what you all said might be true, the point is that bringing science to the public, whether it's the religious public or some other sector, is important. As the lady said, climate change is not a religion. Neither is evolution. The tendency towards cults like Creationism only happens when people are ignorant. There's no other way it can happen. The biggest challenge to cults is keeping people ignorant.

So regardless of the political details, it's a good thing when the public is exposed to the real stuff, no matter how it gets to them.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 07:16 AM
link   
REAL science? But there's none in the OP or in the link??

Look, climate is changing, whatever.

Is it the result of the actions of man? The science that says it is can be refuted with just as valid science... therefore we have no definitive answer.

Yet amateurs and armchair intellectuals insist on picking one side over the other.

My view is, I cannot believe either side so I'll err on the side of caution.

REAL science hey.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

"Follow the money", seems to be a good place to start.

Churches are already dealing with a crisis of faith and a falling away, among its community. With the severe lost of faith in our government, this looks like a sure way to spring forward the great apostasy.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
a reply to: seeker1963

"Follow the money", seems to be a good place to start.

Churches are already dealing with a crisis of faith and a falling away, among its community. With the severe lost of faith in our government, this looks like a sure way to spring forward the great apostasy.

Let's not forget how that was all set up under Obama with his "Clergy Response Teams"? He might be out of office but many of his Marxist programs are still in full force.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Some translations of the Bible say we have 'dominion', others say we have 'stewardship'.

Either way, taking care of the planet/environment doesn't mean we let it take control of us.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Constituents? Well they should be carefull they dont get their tax exemption taken away. Churches are not allowed to participate in political campaigning. Sure they can tell you we need to take better care of the planet but as far as I know, they cant encourage people to "Vote no on proposition 584!" or "vote for this candidate who cares about mother earth!"

It's a part of the pact with Satan. They can be tax exempt, just as long as they never effect real change.

Not that I would support this anyway. I haven't seen "the video" so I really wouldn't know...

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu
Some translations of the Bible say we have 'dominion', others say we have 'stewardship'.

Either way, taking care of the planet/environment doesn't mean we let it take control of us.

Dominion kind of implies its okay to crap in our own bed.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 11:03 AM
link   

I would love to see an end to man made climate change, happy to preach it, happy to encourage other Cristian servants to take up dire necessity of teaching the truth

But please

Can you show me some clear, factual empirical evidence that climate change is man made and individuals can do something about it

Take it to big buisness and grizzle at them

And as an aside, Jesus came for individuals not businesses
You want Christians to be politically active to support your cause and not active if it's against your cause

Just because you don't think logically doesn't mean we don't

Come on Phants, that's just stupid

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

I would love to see an end to man made climate change, happy to preach it, happy to encourage other Cristian servants to take up dire necessity of teaching the truth

But please

Can you show me some clear, factual empirical evidence that climate change is man made and individuals can do something about it

Take it to big buisness and grizzle at them

And as an aside, Jesus came for individuals not businesses
You want Christians to be politically active to support your cause and not active if it's against your cause

Just because you don't think logically doesn't mean we don't

Come on Phants, that's just stupid

Climate change is multi-factorial. That means there are many factors that go into the process. Billions of people live on this planet. Do they change the climate by their activities? Yes. Do they change everything else as well? Yes. We don't live in a vacuum. That said, are living organisms responsible for climate change? Partially, but not totally.

It's a political football which is a shame because the real science, which is complex, is ignored. The Earth has gone through many climate changes. It's nothing new. The question is can we have a significant impact on that change. Probably not. At least that's my opinion.

In 2011 the Japan earthquake moved their coastline by 8 ft and shifted the Earth slightly off its axis. Scientists predicted at the time that weather patterns would probably be impacted by the shift off the axis. Well that has come to pass already. Here's the link to the article: www.cnn.com...
Can we do anything about that? I don't think so.

I don't care whether the public is Christian, Jewish or atheist. The fact that they're exposed to the science which explains the issue is what is important. Science from the pulpit is usually a bad idea. In this case, one of the members spoke up with an explanation. It didn't cover everything, but at least there was an element of credible science.

That was the only reason I posted the article - a simple demonstration of how good science can be conveyed to the public. The point actually has nothing at all to do with religion.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Yeah but

It’s opinion not science
Hence why I asked for the evidence that you havnt offered but again just related a nice story

Preaching your views of science in church, politicising a church is what you want.
Hypocrit and you can’t see why it’s wrong
Maybe some ministers don’t believe in climate change and preach against what you believe?

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Yeah but

It’s opinion not science
Hence why I asked for the evidence that you havnt offered but again just related a nice story

Preaching your views of science in church, politicising a church is what you want.
Maybe some ministers don’t believe in climate change and preach against what you believe?

You need remedial reading lessons. Where did I preach my views on science in a church? You're making this up as you go along. Stop drinking and smoking weed.

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Plot twist: the sugar pill isn't a sugar pill at all. Enjoy being disappointed that medicine actually works after you were tricked into using it. Can always go back to being self righteous and sick, right?

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phantom423

Yeah but

It’s opinion not science

You need remedial reading lessons. Where did I preach my views on science in a church? You're making this up as you go along. Stop drinking and smoking weed.

Sorry the op lead me to believe that ministers should preach man made climate change is a scientific fact in churches

I guess you were saying Hayhoe said that, my bad 🤗

Not sure I would like the atheist cult of man made climate change preached as a fact anymore than the atheist cult of evolution

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 01:32 PM
link   
woops dp.
edit on 3 22 19 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join