It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worlds first Time machine invented - well a time machine of sorts

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 04:03 PM
link   

The researchers found that in 85 percent of the cases, the two-qubit quantum computer returned back into the initial state. When three qubits were involved, more errors happened, resulting in a roughly 50 percent success rate. According to the authors, these errors are due to imperfections in the actual quantum computer. As more sophisticated devices are designed, the error rate is expected to drop.

phys.org - Physicists reverse time using quantum computer.

Which is why only certain letters are changed resulting in the whole "Berenstein" vs. "Berenstain" debacle!!

Actually is kind of neat that a 2-qubit system can fluctuate back to its ground state if kicked the right way. It may even help make larger general quantum computers cohere for longer periods of time. Which of course is the whole reason for creating a quantum computer in the first place!

YAY! Science does something that doesn't make sense or can be easily described without showing any of the math!

|⟨Ψ~∗(x,τ)|Ψ∗(x,τ)⟩| 2 = 1−ϵ

Source: nature.com - Arrow of time and its reversal on the IBM quantum computer.

There! That is mucho much better! Now were doing quantum computing! Btw, the "1 - ϵ" is where the "85%" comes from. And if you understand bra-ket you would notice it was a 2-bit system.

Man, I am even a bigger nerd than I realized!

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Irish news ??? lol I am Irish as such more then likely this is blarney ( Irish love blarney ) lol

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: midnightstar
Irish news ??? lol I am Irish as such more then likely this is blarney ( Irish love blarney ) lol

I am also Irish and I have yet to meet a stupid Irish person! One of the most Highly educated peoples on this planet. The Blarney us in the detail!

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: DpatC

Finnegans Wake is the most intelligent thing I have ever come across. In fact, I read half before I started over again and still feel dumb after only getting half way to where I stopped!!!

I have made it through Ulysses a couple times so don’t feel so stupid...

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: seattlerat

originally posted by: gallop

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

a reply to: Wayfarer

Well, if we're being technical the human brain does have something of a physical 'clock speed' insomuch as dendritic and axion nerve response times have a measurable speed (though its variable and much more decentralized when compared to a computer processor).

There are ways to "over clock" it

Yeah but it's illegal. And leads to the blue screen of death.

Did you try turning it off and then back on?

Unplug it and wait 15 seconds.

I did that, then I thought "Oh No!! I've bricked it!" but it did come back on after a few boots. It turned out it was the locked bootloader. No wonder I couldn't root it.

She's all good now

---

isn't it fascinating how nerds have made everthing a double entendre?

"I couldn't get to to work for me, so in the end I bricked her."
"I wanted su so bad.. I'd do anything."
"All I wanted was a root. And she was having none of it."
"Her bootloader was so tight, I couldn't get anything in there."
"I put myself in ADB mode, and sideloaded my packet into her."
"I prefer fastboot, makes her recovery so much better."

lmao

During my many years as a PC technician I noticed a pattern: most people with computer problems own cats. Power supplies full of cat hair were probably my #1 hardware related issue that I had to repair. In fact, I got to the point where when a customer brought me a computer that was having problems I would just ask them straight away if they had cats as part of my troubleshooting. It was quite entertaining discovering what was in (and on) a customer's PC.

I own cats!! I had one who would sit on top of my monitor, occasionally look down at me, meow, and put her face back where it was warmest.

I lost my CRT that way, but as a kid I blamed the aircon above the monitor for dripping water when it froze over.

Ahhh I miss those days..
you can't balance a cat on an lcd monitor. Well, not with the cat's compliance, while using a bunch of gaffa tape, anyway.. Oo

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 08:22 AM
link   

a reply to: Wayfarer

Well, if we're being technical the human brain does have something of a physical 'clock speed' insomuch as dendritic and axion nerve response times have a measurable speed (though its variable and much more decentralized when compared to a computer processor).

There are ways to "over clock" it

Yeah but it's illegal. And leads to the blue screen of death.

Did you try turning it off and then back on?

Unplug it and wait 15 seconds.

I do drink to excess, yes. Occasionally.. well I say occasionally, I mean every day.. well I say every day, I mean multiple amounts within a day. But according to the submitted document that state "How to fix your own reality, and the reasons why it may be faulty in the first place." I .. well I think I've followed everything adequately.. I get still tho.. wait..

Come to think of it, I just might be the cause..

No excuse though.. you're all responsible adults..

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join