It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worlds first Time machine invented - well a time machine of sorts

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Scientists have reversed the direction of time with a quantum computer

The breakthrough study seems to contradict basic laws of physics and could alter our understanding of the processes governing the universe.

t may not quite be the Tardis, but scientists have built what could loosely be described as a time machine.

In an experiment that would have challenged Doctor Who, researchers defied the second law of thermodynamics, which governs the direction of “time’s arrow” from past to future.

Working with electrons in the weird realm of quantum mechanics, they achieved the equivalent of causing a broken rack of pool balls to re-order itself.

more here --www.irishnews.com...
edit on Wed Mar 13 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: EXTAGS ADDED IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I take one for the powerball.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: DpatC

Operative word "Irish".

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 07:17 AM
link   
We’ve been able to send particles forwards in time since the ealry 2000’s.
Going back in time is a different matter as it could alter the present etc.
Meh, we’ll see how this pans out.
edit on 13-3-2019 by GreenGunther because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Operative word "Irish".

Please explain as to what you mean by Irish.. Are you implying that the Irish are stupid?

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 08:04 AM
link   

wait...so now we have quantum computers? Like the ones that were theorized to process 1s and 0s and a in-between number? They theorized that hard drive space would be almost limitless and clock speeds would be nothing a few years ago with this technology leap.

I still remember a computer store back in the day when I was like a freshman in high school telling me about all the crazy processers that will come out. I don't know if dude was a time traveler or what but he was pretty much on spot with his predictions. But I am still waiting for the organic gel core processor that he described to be invented. Dude said that it would function the same way the human brain does with not clock speed.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
I take one for the powerball.

Leave xhamster out of it !!

I will never understand these 'breakthroughs'.. they're all concept. I understand that in order to build a bridge, you first need the parts to build it, but just thinking about them and making impotent planks seems a tad futile.

I still don't even know how atoms work, but I at least understand why they do.

No, I don't get what I said, either... Oo

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Operative word "Irish".

Hey hey hey, I heard the Irish invented the solar powered flash light.

Stop being racism..

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: GreenGunther
We’ve been able to send particles forwards in time since the ealry 2000’s.
Going back in time is a different matter as it could alter the present etc.
Meh, we’ll see how this pans out.

Umm, every particle travels forward in time.. ? Since like, the big conundrum.

At 60 seconds a minute, or lesser equivalent measures.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: MorpheusUSA
...function the same way the human brain does with no clock speed...

Well, if we're being technical the human brain does have something of a physical 'clock speed' insomuch as dendritic and axion nerve response times have a measurable speed (though its variable and much more decentralized when compared to a computer processor).

I would assume the eventual benefit of some kind of 'organic' computer processor would be similar to our brains in that regard.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

Well, if we're being technical the human brain does have something of a physical 'clock speed' insomuch as dendritic and axion nerve response times have a measurable speed (though its variable and much more decentralized when compared to a computer processor).

There are ways to "over clock" it

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: MorpheusUSA

I'd link you to the quantum computer online example, that allows you to program a quantum computer with basic things, to be an example, not that I understand the complexity of it all nor the function of such things, but..

the website is too slow to load.

cest la vie, I suppose, or not, depending on if the cat is alive or dead.

Oh wait, what's this??

www.research.ibm.com...

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Yeah but it's illegal. And leads to the blue screen of death.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: gallop

Did you try turning it off and then back on?

Unplug it and wait 15 seconds.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 09:15 AM
link   

" It was as if the balls scattered randomly around a pool table went into reverse and packed themselves back into their original pyramid formation."

Now there's a scientific statement you don't see every day lol.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 09:16 AM
link   

I did that, then I thought "Oh No!! I've bricked it!" but it did come back on after a few boots. It turned out it was the locked bootloader. No wonder I couldn't root it.

She's all good now

---

isn't it fascinating how nerds have made everthing a double entendre?

"I couldn't get to to work for me, so in the end I bricked her."
"I wanted su so bad.. I'd do anything."
"All I wanted was a root. And she was having none of it."
"Her bootloader was so tight, I couldn't get anything in there."
"I put myself in ADB mode, and sideloaded my packet into her."
"I prefer fastboot, makes her recovery so much better."

lmao

edit on 13-3-2019 by gallop because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-3-2019 by gallop because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   

I did that, then I thought "Oh No!! I've bricked it!" but it did come back on after a few boots. It turned out it was the locked bootloader. No wonder I couldn't root it.

She's all good now

---

isn't it fascinating how nerds have made everthing a double entendre?

"I couldn't get to to work for me, so in the end I bricked her."
"I wanted su so bad.. I'd do anything."
"All I wanted was a root. And she was having none of it."
"Her bootloader was so tight, I couldn't get anything in there."
"I put myself in ADB mode, and sideloaded my packet into her."
"I prefer fastboot, makes her recovery so much better."

lmao

During my many years as a PC technician I noticed a pattern: most people with computer problems own cats. Power supplies full of cat hair were probably my #1 hardware related issue that I had to repair. In fact, I got to the point where when a customer brought me a computer that was having problems I would just ask them straight away if they had cats as part of my troubleshooting. It was quite entertaining discovering what was in (and on) a customer's PC.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   
As far as I can gather, the experiment has a result that 'appears' to reverse a previous sequence to an observer.
It looks more like to be useful for computer data tidying...it might lead on to something more profound perhaps

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   
By their logic, reassembling a puzzle is traveling back in time.

I don't think so.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Basically the same as this , Guy does experiments finds a deviation... Scientist do not care or want to disprove the guy. Now some irish invent a time machine. What's the difference , this guy is labeled hoax without being disproven. The scientist not. Why ? Money ? Agenda ?

Oh yeah they 'invented' a timemachine that has absolutely no impact at all at society , useless but maybe a great way to get more funding... science ever advancing asymptotical in in one direction.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join