It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plastic. . .

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: DoctorX11

***However*** I must add that the male sperm count have decreased by like 50% in the last few decades. So although I'm also a fan of a somewhat aloof 'oh well' existence, the implications of our actions as humans are already setting in. Wayy past that actually.

Boxer shorts!

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Now I have to think about what to do about it.

#TheStruggleIsReal

link   
a reply to: DoctorX11

just angry about the fact hemp was illegalized a

Dude!

fortune.com...

link   
wrong thread. My bad!
edit on 9/3/19 by LightSpeedDriver because: Correction

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders
Hmmm. Unlike some people, I really embrace plastic. Don't care about the negative publicity even if it's true. I spent my childhood in the 70s and 80s when the general quality of most plastic goods was very poor. The quality of even cheap plastic today is mindblowing. Plastic enriches lives more than it harms us. At least in the here and now. And I won't be here in a thousand years to care about the consequences. So there. I'm a fan of plastic.

Last I checked, human population was still growing exponentially. I don't think plastic is hurting us that much.

go to the Philippines

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: SpaghettiHero

Yeah mixed feelings on fish and sea food. On one hand I want to convince myself they should be excellent to eat and is one of the best sources of fat and protein, but on the other there are just sooo many pollutants in water nowadays.

Also the main point is that we are absorbing so much mico (*actually nano or pico) particles on a daily basis from a multitude of sources. Don't underestimate how receptive the human body is to everything. Even the slightest fluctuations of chemical balances throw off how we operate and even think. And over long periods of time, say. . . a lifetime?

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Dude! fortune.com...

HAHAHAHA yeah, after what, over like 80 years?!?!?! I never do this but I'm literally laughing out load.

----My point is that the system deliberately jeopardizes health in exchange for profits, and that the illegalization of hemp was 1 of many.
edit on 9-3-2019 by DoctorX11 because: mm

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Like a next gen version of lead.
edit on 9-3-2019 by DoctorX11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Microplastics have been found in human stool samples from countries in many parts of the world, according to a small pilot study being presented this week at the 26th annual United European Gastroenterology conference in Vienna.

The study, conducted by researchers from the Medical University of Vienna and the Environment Agency Austria, looked at stool samples from eight individuals in eight different countries: Finland, Italy, Japan, the Netherlands, Poland, Russia, the U.K. and Austria. Every stool sample tested positive for up to nine different plastic types, with an average of 20 particles of plastic per 10 grams of stool.

www.npr.org...

It's difficult to NOT chit out plastic when it's everywhere in our environment. In all we eat and probably our air.

Plastic microfibers found for first time in wild animals' stool, from S. A. fur seals

Date:November 9, 2018 Source:Morris Animal Foundation Summary:For the first time, plastic microfibers have been discovered in wild animals' stool, from South American fur seals. The findings were made by scientists who suggest examining scat from pinnipeds can be an efficient way to monitor environmental levels of microfibers and microplastics in the environment.
www.sciencedaily.com...

Microplastics Found in All Dead Dolphins, Whales, and Seals Tested in British Waters

By Carly Sitzer

2 weeks ago

Researchers at the University of Exeter and Plymouth Marine Laboratory recently conducted an experiment — with support from Greenpeace Research Laboratories — and examined 50 different marine animals, consisting of 10 species of dolphins, seals, and whales. They took the marine mammals — who had died prior to the research — and found that microplastics were found in every single one of the animals examined.

www.greenmatters.com...

You can't get away from it.
edit on 9-3-2019 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: DoctorX11
a reply to: SpaghettiHero

Yeah mixed feelings on fish and sea food. On one hand I want to convince myself they should be excellent to eat and is one of the best sources of fat and protein, but on the other there are just sooo many pollutants in water nowadays.

Also the main point is that we are absorbing so much mico (*actually nano or pico) particles on a daily basis from a multitude of sources. Don't underestimate how receptive the human body is to everything. Even the slightest fluctuations of chemical balances throw off how we operate and even think. And over long periods of time, say. . . a lifetime?

yes, here in japan they do say "nano". glad you brought that our

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 07:03 PM
link   
For what it’s worth.

I Looked into it briefly. The first email alert went out in 2002 and another in 2004 . Later on the two were combined and credited John’s Hopkins cancer research center .

Here’s their response ......

Information falsely attributed to Johns Hopkins called, "CANCER UPDATE FROM JOHN HOPKINS" describes properties of cancer cells and suggests ways of preventing cancer. Johns Hopkins did not publish the information, which often is an email attachment, nor do we endorse its contents. The email also contains an incorrect spelling of our institution as "John" Hopkins; whereas, the correct spelling is "Johns" Hopkins. For more information about cancer, please read the information on our web site or visit the National Cancer Institute. Please help combat the spread of this hoax by letting others know of this statement.

Another hoax email that has been circulating since 2004 regarding plastic containers, bottles, wrap claiming that heat releases dioxins which cause cancer also was not published by Johns Hopkins. More information from the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health

www.hopkinsmedicine.org...

I don’t know whether plastic bottles do cause cancer. But Johns Hopkins definitely threw up a red flag .

edit on 9-3-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Nice follow up!

Feeling as though each new piece of info could be a new thread on its own.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Boxer shorts!

No shorts.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Feeling as though each new piece of info could be a new thread on its own

“ opposing views lead to advancement, total agreement leads to stagnation“

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

Yep, microplastics are terrifying.

They are actually inside single cell organisms, so they travel all the way up the foodchain.

They are found in nearly every bottled water source tested, even the expensive brands.

A major source of microplastics are dryer exhaust vents and plastic based clothes.

Fleeces are a major producer. The plastics blow out of the dryer exhaust into the air, then into the water source and ground. They also are small enough to pass through tap water treatment plants.

I think the best bet is a 0 ppm R.O. filter to glass container for fresh water drinking.

We're all going to get Morgellon's disease, or something.

edit on 3 by Mandroid7 because: Corr..phoneposter

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 07:57 PM
link   

The entire food delivery system is wrapped in plastic, it's unfortunate, all I can hear now I read this thread is George Carlins voice talking about plastic, if you haven't seen it you should it's very funny.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

This.
good example.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Worthy a full watch but 5 min in, plastic is discussed.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Indeed. The logging industry did not/does not like hemp.

The oil industry likes plastic. And other stuff.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join