It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plastic. . .

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Maybe I missed it, but I haven't seen any posts about plastic toxins!! How?!

Don't know much about it myself, but about to go into a deep dive dissecting actual information about this. Other than the fact that a ridiculous amount of materials are made from petroleum and that they all supposedly leach harmful toxins into our food and bodies, I'm relatively clueless on the details and implications.

So if anyone has researched this and has some good info and/or leads, would be super helpful!

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: DoctorX11

I avoid eating, drinking, and breathing plastic every chance I get. I recommend the same to you.

I also avoid stepping in front of moving buses but that's easier to do.

edit on 3/9/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Well, I avoid plastic as much as feasible, I also do not buy a lot of furniture coated with urethanes. I use real varnish when I build stuff for the house. Endocrine disruptors do not need to be consumes to bother you, a house full of plastic gives off fumes that are absorbed by the skin and lungs. Try to avoid buying things wrapped in plastic, they targeted one of these, BPA, but there are three more pretty bad ones in plastic that are almost as bad and they boosted these to remove BPA

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I’m pretty much a cynic on most cancer claims .

I’ve read milk can give you cancer . But when they said grilling steak can give you cancer. ( any meat )

I no longer cared for the most part .

There’s one thing for sure about life. Nobody gets out alive .

When I die I’m gonna die happy doing the stuff I like.

Not living to 90 in a wheelchair drooling on my shoulder .

Enjoy life while you can .
edit on 9-3-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: DoctorX11

Several years ago I used to work in a plastics factory,making tool boxes
and such.I accidentally inhaled plastic dust that sprayed into my face
and developed asthma.We would use these spray cans of some petroleum
product onto the molds so the plastic would come off the molds easier.
They would also use many different dyes mixed in with the plastic pellets.
This is what I remember because only certain people had access to the
chemicals and formulas used,I wasn't one of them.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Currently nominating you for a Nobel Prize. Astounding work.

But beyond the obvious of its bad, I'm looking for solid material to convince sheep why its detrimental to health.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

Oof. Did not realize the extent of fumes in the air. Or rather that plastics Also attributed to those toxins in the air. Cannot un-know some things - double edged blade I guess.

Thanks!

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Micro plastics are now found in the sushi you eat. AOL it and find out about the micro plastics even in cereals.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Roughage.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Roughage.

Hey Phage
Good to see you posting on my post. But really, if you've been eating sushi, you've been eating micro plastics in them fish.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Roughage.

ejje.weblio.jp...

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Lolz
totally.

So charred foods are considered cancer conducive, that might explain the grilled steak thing.

As far as milk and dairy goes. . . well that's a whooooole nother post. Basically dairy isn't bad its how its processed that ruins it.

But with you on it all. I mean we can only do so much in the end anyway, I still eat grilled steak and yummy plastic preserved food that destroys my insides too. Might as well enjoy the small things

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Hmmm. Unlike some people, I really embrace plastic. Don't care about the negative publicity even if it's true. I spent my childhood in the 70s and 80s when the general quality of most plastic goods was very poor. The quality of even cheap plastic today is mindblowing. Plastic enriches lives more than it harms us. At least in the here and now. And I won't be here in a thousand years to care about the consequences. So there. I'm a fan of plastic.

Last I checked, human population was still growing exponentially. I don't think plastic is hurting us that much.
edit on 9-3-2019 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 06:12 PM
link   

I love fish. Raw and otherwise. As long as it's fresh. (Really fresh, not "fresh.")

And speaking of microplastics. As I was weedwacking my yard the other day my mind began to wander (as it does when I'm doing boring tasks). I think weedwacking is an activity which produces a high level of microplastics. Now I have to think about what to do about it.

Excuse me while I weedwhack.

edit on 3/9/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Plastic is extremely toxic and will kill you if you inhale it. There are some houses that are made up with a lot of it and it adds on to the heat of flame and toxic gases, but generally you don't want to stand near any out of control fire anyway.

There are micro sized plastics that do unfortunately get into the food chain because fish don't know what they're eating, then we fish them and that gets into our system too.
I don't think we would feel any effect from eating the tiny bits of plastic because our body would just pass it through not getting nutrients from it. It's dangerous when the particles are actually large and have a lot of sharp bits on it. I'd be more concerned where that plastic has been and from what.

It's too late to clean up after ourselves, the oceans are full of contaminants.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Excuse me while I weedwhack.

Just had to google that! Is that what we in the UK call strimming?

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

I guess.

Learn to speak English, dammit!

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: SpaghettiHero

Funny how many children's toys and educational items are made with plastics.

Should we have to worry about that?

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

We should worry.

Period.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

I have to admit I really respect old school stubbornness.

But the apathy. . .eh. . . not so much. But cheers regardless, we're both still breathing.

***However*** I must add that the male sperm count have decreased by like 50% in the last few decades. So although I'm also a fan of a somewhat aloof 'oh well' existence, the implications of our actions as humans are already setting in. Wayy past that actually.

-------On the other hand I'm also a fan of how useful plastic is....just angry about the fact hemp was illegalized and a million other things are suppressed that would make plastic, and many other harmful materials, obsolete.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join