It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does everyone hate Will Smith

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Will Smith is hated because he had this cornball nerdy personality. Remember, when he first came out as a rapper, he was the happy go luck rapper with fun and friendly songs like:

While talented, he never was considered a "rapper's rapper" meaning his lyrical dexterity was always viewed as just playful, etc. He also was never mean mugging or into the competitive spirit of real MCs say like a Rakim or the political songs of Public Enemy.

His personality, etc made him a perfect fit for his role on Fresh Prince of Bel-Aire. He never really shook the nerdy cornball image despite beefing up physically and becoming somewhat of a sex symbol by the time Independence Day rolled around.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I used to like him, but he's also the guy that movie makers choose FIRST when they want to remake a movie that was a white role, but they want to use him to make it a black one. Not being racist (I know, I know) but they have this crazy agenda, it was like that for him in a lot of his movies.

One thing that stands out on him is he is REALLY smug!

Like others, I dislike his wife a LOT, his kids too, whoever's raising the kids needs to stop.

Personally, I don't want to see him in any other roles that they place him in 'only because' he is the black, or whatever reasoning they have behind when they do what they do.
He is a really good actor though, in most cases.

Really, black people can be super heroes, top money making actors too, just stop remaking movies replacing roles that don't need remaking with an actor because of his/her color.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I don't mind Will Smith, he has done some decent acting over the years. I have no knowledge of how he is in real life, but he is a decent comedian on some TV shows.

Hate is a strong word, I do not hate anyone, I might not care for a person and will avoid them, but I don't even hate my Ex, although some of her Ex's after I was married to her do hate her.

I never discussed Will Smith with others, but I am sure that most around here either like his style or do not care for his style.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Hate is a strong word, I do not hate anyone, I might not care for a person and will avoid them, but I don't even hate my Ex, although some of her Ex's after I was married to her do hate her.

Hate is a strong word, and maybe not appropriate.

If it makes you feel any better, I dislike him very very much!
I do have quite a curious aversion to him. I don't want to see any of his movies, I don't want to watch previews with him
on them, I don't like hearing him speak. I just really don't like anything about him. It is weird, and there aren't any other actors I feel that way about. I wondered if there was something I was subconsciously picking up that maybe other ATS members knew about, and maybe there is.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Well, he does have big and somewhat pointy ears, probably has the ELN genetic snps for Elfen. Usually that genetics is found in the Scots and Irish. Or of course, his parents could have watched too much Star Trek.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I used to hate him too until I watched
"The Pursuit of Happiness."
He did this role really well. Even had me in tears at one point.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   

I don't think everyone hates him but strong outspoken black men frighten a lot of people.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Hard to be ,the "Fresh Prince of Belair"....can't shake the rapper start....

I like him
edit on 26-2-2019 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

I don't think everyone hates him but strong outspoken black men frighten a lot of people.

Not for me, there are a lot of other strong outspoken black men that I am totally cool with. Idris Elba is one of my most favorite actors, really like Denzel too.
His color has absolutely nothing to do with it.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Why would they promote him at all times? Where's the positives in his presentation of false existence, an illusion, a lifestyle not comprehensible. Common folks, they don't stand a chance, unless the psychological effects could be prevented. Look at the psychology, it's devastating, decadence. Take a stand against the man or warn our fellow citizens of his behavior, with knowledge of the psychology that goes behind this whole agenda of corruption.
edit on 26-2-2019 by wilrot because: Corrupted text.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

I like him too....

Although, I expect his role in the new Aladin to be god awful...

But then again, I don't much care for reboots or remakes.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I don't know. I didn't know they did.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 02:52 PM
link   

You may be the first person I've ever seen who hates him. I grew up watching Fresh Prince and have usually been entertained by his work in music and acting. I totally agree with yeahright, though... outside of the truly loudmouthed activist members of Hollywood, I try to avoid reading anything about actors I appreciate... both their views and their personal lives, because doing so usually sees me enjoying their work less and disliking many of them. I have no idea what Will Smith is like in his personal life, don't know his politics, don't want to know about either. I feel the same about athletes... I'd rather not know anything about them off the field and off camera because not knowing allows me to simply appreciate them doing whatever entertaining thing they're doing is.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

That is so funny, I don't know anyone that likes him or his wife/kids.
For me it's just him, I've never seen anything with his wife/kids.

www.nickiswift.com...
Why Hollywood can't stand Will and Jada Pinkett Smith

This one goes back to 2003!!!
forum.dvdtalk.com...
Will Smith - I can't stand this egomaniac, am I alone?

www.reddit.com...
I can't stand Will Smith lately

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 03:23 PM
link   

...to which I will counter with my own nostalgia.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I don't give a hoot about his personal life, his acting is what I love. I loved the MiB movies (still have the VHS for the first one!) I know it was panned, but IMO, Hancock was AWESOME, and he did damn good in I Am Legend, you ended up feeling really awful for the character, he projected the emotions so well, IMO. Especially in THAT scene with Sam (the dog)

I, Robot was really, really good, too and Wild Wild West was just plain great. If I see Will Smith's in a flick, it's generally a sure bet that the movie's going to be good even if the overall plot isn't. He carries films like no other.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Yes! Nailed it. His squeaky clean light black Disneyesque polite kid friendly rapping and earnest but stilted horrid first forays into acting MUST be a cover for a typical baby eating or diddling satanist Hollywood player.

I started out sarcastic, but as I was just considering the possibility of a reptilian Icke-like conspiracy then it follows that every Hollywood player could be a corrupted devil or why did they get a career there under the stage lights shared with basking lizard overlords?

And those jar-handle ears... puh-leeze! Evil incarnate... or at least inchoate smugness.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   
He was on youtube rewind....

He is not a youtuber he is a Hollywood celebrity

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
He was on youtube rewind....

LOL! You watched Rewind.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Ha! That's just serendipity!! Was having this exact convo with ppl earlier. I can't stand him! And I don't know why, pretty much every movie is quality ( except the self indulgent pursuit of "( it's happiness , regardless what movie folks say) and the mess that was focus) .. He's an alright actor, I agree I think it's his wife, or holly wierd influence, he's become a massive self righteous tool recently .. Takes himself too seriously . Needs to get drunk. Or laid. I dunno

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join