It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I saw my first UFO...and it was AWESOME!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Finally, a childhood dream was fulfilled as I saw UFO last Tuesday night, stick around because there is a twist.

When checking my mailbox at about 8 PM being a stargazer I looked up to the Sky and I saw it-a star that was...nearly indescribable. The best description I can give it looked like two people hitting a ping pong ball, it was moving that quick, and it was completely silent. Then this "dancing star" went supernova, grew in size and illumination and appeared to emit what could appear to be a coronal mass ejection, then it put on a red blinking light and shot off.

Now we come to the insert x files theme song twist.

I happen to live near a military training ground, and the choppers flight path is directly over my apartment, seriously you could hit them with a rock-in fact just an hour ago a chopper flew over my roof and I saw the same blinking red light. I've seen black hawks with the same blinking red light (trust me they are called a black hawk for a reason) and other aircraft with the same blinking red light.

The problem is that this UFO was moving far too quick for any conventional aircraft or drone, my estimate is this thing was zigzagging at least a hundred yards in a second-left and right. Now cars are capable of such speeds, but not sideways and would need a mile of road, this thing was-im sorry to sound cliché-it was darting around.

It was an experience I'll never forget, I was mesmerized as I watched this thing, I've been into ufology for over twenty years so I know how to identify aerial phenomena from UFO's, this was something else.

I've finally popped my UFO cherry and it was great. Do you remember your first UFO sighting?

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 02:55 PM
link   

The problem is that this UFO was moving far too quick for any conventional aircraft or drone, my estimate is this thing was zigzagging at least a hundred yards in a second-left and right.

Don't be so sure about that.

Racing drones can do some wicked snip.

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Looks like you witnessed a flare from an Iridium satellite. They fool a lot of people. Download Stellarium and do a replay for your location.

See following thread of such a sighting. It contains the links for Stellarium and the info on Iridium flares.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: tommyjo

Like I said, I live near a military training ground, I know a flare or chaff when I see it. This thing went Fred Astaire in the sky, blink and you'll miss it quick.

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   

I saw a very similar thing watching the sky over dowtown Des Moines Iowa in around 2005. The object moved in a triangular pattern at points as well, but only while it was red. This was long before the common place days of drones. The event lasted about 20 minutes. Im not saying it was aliens, but it was definitely not drones.

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

The problem is that this UFO was moving far too quick for any conventional aircraft or drone, my estimate is this thing was zigzagging at least a hundred yards in a second-left and right.

Don't be so sure about that.

Racing drones can do some wicked snip.

I'm aware of racing drones are capable of, I made a thread about them.

The thing is this...thing was almost near commercial airline height, my least estimate would be ten thousand feet, but the speed was the most bewildering, I should be kicking myself for not having my phone on me so I could take footage.

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 03:32 PM
link   

If you don't know the size of an object, estimating the height is difficult. That 10K feet could be well off.

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 03:57 PM
link   
You might save yourself from having to respond to some folks if you would put this into your OP:

Don't give me suggestions about what it could have been, and don't give me resources to compare my sighting to other sightings which were incredibly similar to mine and turned out to be something we could identify. I am aware of every single possibility, every single situation, and every single object this could have been, and I've ruled them all out. I'm an expert on identifying and I can't identify mine; but I KNOW it was not anything you might suggest.

Feel free to copy and paste that into your OP if you like. You don't even need to give me credit. ☺️
edit on 24-2-2019 by KansasGirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

That's the least estimate, commercial flight paths near my abode are 30k feet, this was slightly lower. when it sped off it was subsonic but still no sound.

I know how to science, this thing was approximately the size of a Lear jet, moving about 400 kph when it punched it, however its horizontal movements, far quicker which is odd

edit on 24-2-2019 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-2-2019 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 04:43 PM
link   

You call it a UFO, so you don't know what it is but you are sure of the size and altitude of 10K altitude.

Just guesses.

Carry on.

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Hot air balloon.

NEXT!

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 06:56 PM
link   

First of all congratulations.

Second this star. Can you give details on its colour, size, scintillation etc.
edit on 24-2-2019 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Could you describe this ping pong like movement in more retail. Were there any other movements like rapid rise in altitude, quick circular like orbits or falling leaf while descending. Did it ever just appear to spazz out or skitter around in place. Did you see it wink out and then reappear elsewhere.

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 07:22 PM
link   
nvm

edit on 24-2-2019 by ausername because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Awesomeness!

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Sounds very cool!! If you live this close to US military instalations keep ur eyes to the skies as much as possible I've read that UFOs enjoy monitoring this type of area

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Can we get a link to the video, please?

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Congrats on witnessing something unidentifiable

yet how were you able identify or work out this estimate that makes you think it couldn't be a drone.

Are you in the southern hemisphere and could actually see more than the light or was it a light in a dark sky making the movements?

Like I said, I live near a military training ground, I know a flare or chaff when I see it.

WOW with a ability to not read what was posted its no wonder you haven't seen many other UFOs being a star gazer.

The poster you replied never mentioned what you are talking about.
edit on 25-2-2019 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
a reply to: tommyjo

Like I said, I live near a military training ground, I know a flare or chaff when I see it. This thing went Fred Astaire in the sky, blink and you'll miss it quick.

I guess that you have never seen what I was talking about? A satellite flare. They fool a lot of people! Many people who see such an event and don't know what it is also say that they weave or zig-zag. It is just an illusion and especially at night.

Satellite Flare

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
I've finally popped my UFO cherry and it was great.

Very cool.

Do you remember your first UFO sighting?

I've seen lights in the sky, but nothing definitively out of the ordinary so much that that I could classify it as a "real" UFO.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join