It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Don't Aliens Ever Wear Bright Colors Or Prints?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Why Don't Aliens Ever Wear Bright Colors Or Prints?

IKR? Grey is a perfect neutral.. Neither too cool nor too warm. It goes with everything.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: UMayBRite!

Hit the caps lock key.... you're locked on upper case. I do it all the time its just above the shift key.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: UMayBRite!

Lyrics which are hard to understand in the vid...

[DAD, spoken] I wish every mother and father in this theatre would go home tonight, and make a speach to their teenagers and say "Kids, be free! No guilt. Be whoever you are. Do whatever you want to do, just as long as you don't hurt any body!" Right? [TRIBE] Right! [DAD] I would just like to say that it is my conviction That longer hair and other flamboyant affectations Of appearance are nothing more Than the male's emergence from his drab camoflage Into the gaudy plumage Which is the birthright of his sex There is a peculiar notion that elegant plumage And fine feathers are not proper for the male When actually That is the way things are In most species

edit on 2222019 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Maybe they are colour blind and don't see light very well, with those black sunshade eyes. Would explain all the colourful lights blinking away as they try to sneak around in their saucers too. They can't see how it would give them away...

But mostly I think it is because everyone know that if you wear bright colours, Bigfoot will snatch you..
Just ask Mr Paulides..

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Ha! Linburger Cheese.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 01:24 PM
link   
maybe they done see in the human light spectrum?

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   
They might be outfitted with some form of highly sophisticated mirror camouflage.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: szino9 why don't they just land on a football field in the middle of a game?

Because they're either too polite, or have placed bets on a team winning.

Fashion-wise, reaching a scientific evolutionary level where inter-planetary travel is commonplace, I can't imagine aliens standing in front of mirrors and saying, "Does my bum look big in this?"

Or, "Mmmm, that pink sure brings out the orange of my antennae."

You see, this is where Gordon Gekko went wrong - if "Lunch is for Wimps", then surely so is clothing and a $10,000 suit. What a square.

edit on 22-2-2019 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Perhaps they dont have the same emotional qualities humans do to care about fashion or colours. Or they see in a different spectrum. Even a seemingly dull flower to us looks very different and lively to a bee that can see partially in ultraviolet.

As for why their ships are lit up. Thats a by product of their propulsion. Its unavoidable.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 03:42 PM
link   
actually they do wear colorful suits in older reports, before the greys took over...

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Quozl:

There was no way you could dismiss it: everyone on board was on edge.

He checked his attire carefully before leaving his room. The thin, almost fluorescent plastic slats that formed rings around his thighs and upper arms flashed colorfully in the subdued light. He was clad in a snug but not con­stricting one-piece jumpsuit of mild purple with black speckling. With the seventh finger of his right hand he adjusted the small opening in back, twitched his short, thick tail to make sure the suit wasn’t binding.

A glance in the mirror revealed that one of the four earrings in his right ear was loose. He tightened it, turned slightly, and raised the ear fully to admire the effect. He adjusted the bandana around his neck, the two scarves that encircled each upper arm, and lastly the yellow and pink sash that crossed from shoulder to waist. When going to question senior officials it was always best to dress in a respectfully subdued fashion.

There was no need to shave again. Two narrow curves revealed by the U-cut neckline of his jumpsuit marked him as an elite scout. The curlicues and triangles cut from his short black fur elsewhere were purely decorative. The pair of white stripes that marked him from muzzle to tail were natural and needed no tonsorial enhancement.

edit on 2/22/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 04:22 PM
link   
As long as they don't wear white after Labor Day.

edit on 2019/2/22 by Box of Rain because: spelling

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 04:36 PM
link   
So many unique and well thought out answers to my query. I'm impressed. What a wonderful group we ATSers are.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Box of Rain
As long as they don't where white after Labor Day.

And we have a winner! Clever. I wish I had thought of that.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Quozl:

There was no way you could dismiss it: everyone on board was on edge.

He checked his attire carefully before leaving his room. The thin, almost fluorescent plastic slats that formed rings around his thighs and upper arms flashed colorfully in the subdued light. He was clad in a snug but not con­stricting one-piece jumpsuit of mild purple with black speckling. With the seventh finger of his right hand he adjusted the small opening in back, twitched his short, thick tail to make sure the suit wasn’t binding.

A glance in the mirror revealed that one of the four earrings in his right ear was loose. He tightened it, turned slightly, and raised the ear fully to admire the effect. He adjusted the bandana around his neck, the two scarves that encircled each upper arm, and lastly the yellow and pink sash that crossed from shoulder to waist. When going to question senior officials it was always best to dress in a respectfully subdued fashion.

There was no need to shave again. Two narrow curves revealed by the U-cut neckline of his jumpsuit marked him as an elite scout. The curlicues and triangles cut from his short black fur elsewhere were purely decorative. The pair of white stripes that marked him from muzzle to tail were natural and needed no tonsorial enhancement.

I'm sorry...but what does Elton John have to do with this?

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: MissSmartypants

I wish I were really clever enough to spell "wear" correctly.

[edited post above to fix it]
edit on 2019/2/22 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: MissSmartypants

I wish I were really clever enough to spell "wear" correctly.

[edited post above to fix it]
Well, you sure wasted that wish! I guess if you knew it was going to come true you would have wished for something much better. Maybe next time.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 04:57 PM
link   
It's simple really. They wear colors we humans can't see. They wear the forbidden colors.

Colors you can't see.

Try to imagine reddish green — not the dull brown you get when you mix the two pigments together, but rather a color that is somewhat like red and somewhat like green. Or, instead, try to picture yellowish blue — not green, but a hue similar to both yellow and blue.

Is your mind drawing a blank? That's because, even though those colors exist, you've probably never seen them. Red-green and yellow-blue are the so-called "forbidden colors." Composed of pairs of hues whose light frequencies automatically cancel each other out in the human eye, they're supposed to be impossible to see simultaneously.

The limitation results from the way we perceive color in the first place. Cells in the retina called "opponent neurons" fire when stimulated by incoming red light, and this flurry of activity tells the brain we're looking at something red. Those same opponent neurons are inhibited by green light, and the absence of activity tells the brain we're seeing green. Similarly, yellow light excites another set of opponent neurons, but blue light damps them. While most colors induce a mixture of effects in both sets of neurons, which our brains can decode to identify the component parts, red light exactly cancels the effect of green light (and yellow exactly cancels blue), so we can never perceive those colors coming from the same place.

Thought I might as well embrace the idea.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Didn't read the entire thread, so don't know if anyone posited this thought......

What if they are wearing prints. However, with the limited spectrum of our vision, we cannot see the patterns? You know. like flower patterns that bees can see in UV that we cannot see.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: MissSmartypants

Maybe they are equivalent to what our army troops wear, drab uniforms, and in their case drab bodysuits.

We don’t see armies with plaids or designer attire of any sort, or bright colors.
The only exception may be those Scottish guys in plaid dresses

One would assume these aliens aren’t the elite beings wherever they come from, but some kind of version equivalent to our military

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join