It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2nd Massive Impact Crater Found Under Greenland Ice?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I’ll have to check out your other threads, it has piqued my interest

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Would something this large not cause another ELE 79,000 years ago?

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 05:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: musicismagic
Amazing.
That may have caused the dinosaurs extinction after all.

Uh, no. That crater has been identified on the Yucatan Peninsula and happened 60 million years ago. It ended the Cretaceous Period and ushered in the Tertiary. The K/T boundary is made up of a layer of Iridium from that comet. The theory was originally proposed by a father son team named Luis and Walter Alvarez.

I still prefer the (super)nova hypothesis than the impact hypothesis. Although more scientists go with the impact it is still not a 100% proven theory.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: MindBodySpiritComplex

That is really cool , good work Ive read your other threads as well !

I remember reading once that Greenland was the least bombarded area on earth in terms of impacts from meteors
is that true ?

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
Amazing.
That may have caused the dinosaurs extinction after all.

Uh, no. That crater has been identified on the Yucatan Peninsula and happened 60 million years ago. It ended the Cretaceous Period and ushered in the Tertiary. The K/T boundary is made up of a layer of Iridium from that comet. The theory was originally proposed by a father son team named Luis and Walter Alvarez.

Tossing around these lofty numbers is a sure fire coverup... no way of investigating anything from 60,000 years ago so lets make it 60 mill to really shut everyone down..blow their minds so they cannot question.

No point at all in believing these grand numbers since they also would have zero impact on our lives...in this case it is religious belief..nothing more.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Interesting frozen mystery. Like your previous related threads I never heard of this impact crater either. What is the estimation width of that Yucatan crater impact that supposedly wiped out the dinosaurs? But, 22 miles wide is difficult to comprehend. Wonder if the earth 'wobbled' after such an impact?

The dating of 79,000 yrs ago is quite interesting.
Mt Toba Supervolcano erupted 69,000 to 79,000 years ago causing the world to go into a volcanic winter of 6-10 years, and maybe a cooling period of 1,000 years. Scientists say the blast would have been so powerful, that the sun would have been blocked out for years. It killed off almost the entire human race, only 2,000 people were left to repopulate the world. The Human race just barely survived.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Maybe the volcanic activity in Toba was caused by an impact on other side of the world?

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I totally called this back in 2015..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Where are all those deniers now!?

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 08:49 PM
link   
God carefully directed the break up of the comet and made it impact the perfect place, at the perfect time.
Only using the rules she made!

Check mate atheists!

edit on 14/2/2019 by kloejen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 09:59 PM
link   
This is the mobile link but you can also go to phys.org and find the article...

m.phys.org...

They used EQ data to “ultra sound” the earth! Turns out that 660 km (a few more for 666!) is a boundary layer where the mantle and deep mantle are distinct. The article explains there are mountain ranges down there that may interact with plate tectonics!

Real science. Maybe Hollw Earth is not that crazy of an idea. And may have something to do with Greenland’s anomalies!

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: GreenGunther
Well this makes me feel better. Seems we aren't overdue for that major meteor strike after all.

We probably are. We live on a killer planet. Not only do we get hit on a regular basis by asteroids and comets, the planet itself is volcanically active enough to endanger all species It's become increasingly apparent that we have been knocked backwards at least once. I doubt we achieved cell phones and Rovers to Mars status in the past, but I wouldn't be surprised if we had a Renaissance level culture about 12000 BC or so. This fits well within the time frame of human evolution as we know it, so no aliens required. But until we get off this planet in a sustainable way, we are vulnerable.

Compared to what exactly?
As far as I'm aware the earth is quite special.

Ozone layer
Magnetosphere
Moon to protect from meteor strikes.

That's the whole point, we are here to debate because the earth created such a decent environment for us to evolve in.

Not saying a meteor strike won't end it all in a week, but we've been doing pretty good so far.
In the not-so distant future we'll be able to divert meteors.
Siphen magma, predict earth quakes more precisely etc.

We're only getting better at this, not worse.
But ATS has always had doomsday prophets.

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 06:09 PM
link   

I caught this recent article from...

@Graham__Hancock
Evidence strengthens for a massive cosmic impact during the Younger Dryas. This has profound implications for the possibility of a lost civilization of the Ice Age as I argue in Magicians of the Gods (2015) and America Before (2019).

...And remembered your Greenland thread(s) so dropping it here.

Research sheds light on origins, age of massive impact crater

"Because it is very well preserved, it points to a possibly very young age, as young as the onset of the Younger Dryas period (between 11,500 and 14,500 years ago)," said Silber. "Or alternatively, if old, it tells us about the erosional processes that might have taken place in that area."

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 03:56 AM
link   
after looking into camp century
seems like its about to leak radioactive waste into the ground water

edit on 9-6-2021 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join