It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2nd Massive Impact Crater Found Under Greenland Ice?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 04:05 AM
link   
2nd Massive Impact Crater Found Under Greenland Ice?

Three months ago I wrote this thread:

Only 12,000 Years Ago A Meteor Impact Created A 19 Miles Wide Crater In Greenland

Now there is news of a second even bigger crater very close to the first!

NASA Spots a Second Massive Possible Impact Crater Buried Under Greenland Ice

The new suspected impact crater is about 22 miles (36 kilometers) wide

114 miles (183 km) southeast of the first structure's location.

Despite the close proximity of the two features, scientists believe that even if both were formed by meteorites striking Earth, they were likely created separately. The team believes the newly-discovered structure formed more than 79,000 years ago, before any of the ice currently above it was in place.

News of the first crater sent me down a deep rabbit hole that I soon started calling The Greenland Disclosure Pattern. Here are the three threads I have so far done on the topic:

Are We Being Prepared For A Huge Disclosure Event?

The Greenland Disclosure Pattern Analysed - Part 1 - A Fountain Of Youth And The Hollow Earth

The Greenland Disclosure Pattern Analysed - Part 2 - Black Sun Over Thule

Obviously I see this news of a second crater so close to the first one and also very close to Thule Air Base, Camp Century and Project Iceworm as confirmation of the pattern.

Please keep comments in this thread to the sciency aspects of the newly found crater - speculation about the The Greenland Disclosure Pattern should go in the related threads which I put under the Skunk Works.
edit on 13-2-2019 by MindBodySpiritComplex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Amazing.
That may have caused the dinosaurs extinction after all.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 04:21 AM
link   
so the theory of a broken up comet may hold weight after all, dun dun dun.... biblical flood myth get's less mythy every year

and the weirdness continues to get weirder
edit on 13-2-2019 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Graham Hancock has been saying for some time about a comet impact twelve thousand years ago being the cause of the flood myth. and like the poster above mine says the flood myth seems less like a myth every year

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 06:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
Amazing.
That may have caused the dinosaurs extinction after all.

Uh, no. That crater has been identified on the Yucatan Peninsula and happened 60 million years ago. It ended the Cretaceous Period and ushered in the Tertiary. The K/T boundary is made up of a layer of Iridium from that comet. The theory was originally proposed by a father son team named Luis and Walter Alvarez.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Thanks for your input.

Live free or die.

edit on 2/13/2019 by milano because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Here is a pic with the locations of both craters and Camp Century:

pic source

And here is one without the new crater but together with the above picture one can see how close both craters are to each other, Thule AB and Camp Century.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
so the theory of a broken up comet may hold weight after all, dun dun dun.... biblical flood myth get's less mythy every year

and the weirdness continues to get weirder

Many biblical scholars think the Garden of Eden was in what is now the Persian Gulf. The Flood might well have been the event that opened the Straight of Hormuz.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   
And Thule air base just happens to be in driving distance from the crater...
Perhaps there is more then a crater there

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Well this makes me feel better.
Seems we aren't overdue for that major meteor strike after all.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   
So, anyone done the anti-podal sanity check on this, yet?

Also, I just want to reinforce, this isn't the right magnitude nor time scale to have anything to do with the dinosaurs. Chicxulub is no joke. That impact was such a monumental slam into our planet, that it had the energy dispersion necessary to put mount Everest into orbit.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Also, I just want to reinforce, this isn't the right magnitude nor time scale to have anything to do with the dinosaurs. Chicxulub is no joke. That impact was such a monumental slam into our planet, that it had the energy dispersion necessary to put mount Everest into orbit.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: GreenGunther
Well this makes me feel better. Seems we aren't overdue for that major meteor strike after all.

We probably are. We live on a killer planet. Not only do we get hit on a regular basis by asteroids and comets, the planet itself is volcanically active enough to endanger all species It's become increasingly apparent that we have been knocked backwards at least once. I doubt we achieved cell phones and Rovers to Mars status in the past, but I wouldn't be surprised if we had a Renaissance level culture about 12000 BC or so. This fits well within the time frame of human evolution as we know it, so no aliens required. But until we get off this planet in a sustainable way, we are vulnerable.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: MindBodySpiritComplex

Maybe you'd be interested in something that has been nagging at me for a few months. Actually I noticed it after reading and thinking about your first Greenland thread.

If this is already a well known thing, I apologize.

Look at a map of north America, and, you'll notice a pretty straight line, which must be about 5,000 miles long or so, a line of large lakes, with Lake Ontario of the Michigan Great Lakes on one end in the south east, leading up all the way to Great Bear Lake in northwestern Canada.

It looks almost like we plowed through an asteroid belt, or like a plane flew in a straight line, dropping devastating bombs along the flight path. Or a single object broken up into pieces that hit in a column, boom, boom, boom, boom...

Or another way of looking at it, is the continent is slowly ripping itself apart and these lakes and waterways are the perforations beginning to appear along the diagonal tear.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Archivalist

So THATS how we got our moon.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I believe whatever created the asteroid belt is what caused the younger dryas impacts on our planet even the sumerians said something similar. anything that can create a 19 mile wide impact crater has to be pretty big right?

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

If you look at a terrain map of North America with tectonic plates, you can see that the Juan de Fuca plate has been shoved underneath the NA plate. It looks to me like all those lakes are forming at the "front edge" of the JdF plate, in the "plains" that have not yet been thrust up or been broken by the JdF plate...

The very last visible, western end of this plate (JdF) is currently creeping its way eastward under Oregon and Washington state, and a hole of sorts in this plate is probably the dynamo of Yellowstone.

If you view the Map of North America with this plate in mind it explains a lot of features.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: MindBodySpiritComplex

WTF has finding a crater got to do with disclosure? Jesus get a grip.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

I remember seeing a thread, maybe a year or two ago that discussed that possibility. I thought it was pretty interesting.

I'll try to hunt it down.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Can't find it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join