It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Urban Military Exercise - Downtown LA

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

They should be holding it, yes.

They're flying MC-130s and CV-22s out of Hurlburt, as well as CV-22s out of Canon in New Mexico, along with the guys in LA.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58
Nope that was my mistake. The Florida drills you mentioned are happening in the south, I think out of Broward county or Miami Dade(both?)

The international special forces event usually happens bi-annually, during the day and is quite the public spectacle in Downtown Tampa. Our Mayor usually participates as a hostage who needs to be rescued from a boat on the river as they secure the rooftops of the surrounding buildings.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

You should revisit that before making such asinine statements.

I have the same feelings now as i have had during other similar bs.

The statement is not asinine at all and with a bit of research on the subject of the founding fathers you might find reasons why we should not have the military deployed inside the usa for training or missions.

The job is for the national guard border patrol and the police. I get that the police have somewhat been handicapped on the issue but the military is not the answer.

Countries that have active military deployed within their borders suck ass compared to the usa and by doing this we are degrading the founding principles that made us the greatest of all.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: UncleTomahawk

We are not degrading founding principles.
That's asinine to even say such.

Our military needs to train, for many situations.
If they don't have the chance, to train to gain even a little bit of experience for specific situations.

How can we expect them to be prepared?

Training is essential, training locations based on realistic scenarios even more so.

Whether it be along a border, down town or in middle of now where.

The conditions for prepared emergency response, is unlimited in possiblies. So too must the training.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: ADVISOR

Yes those actions degrade the usa.

We the people pay millions of dollars so the government can create life like simulated environment for training and there are many places out there that such training takes place.

You are fooling yourself and others.

We have won many battles using the current methods of training not involving the public spaces.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   
It is pathetic to put forth the thought that without allowing the military to train in public then they can not be badass.

We have been number one for a very long time without having the military running through the nation like some third world country.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   
It is pathetic to put forth the thought that without allowing the military to train in public then they can not be badass.

We have been number one for a very long time without having the military running through the nation like some third world country.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   

There has been training going on for many years in the public space.

I was a Blackhawk crew chief in the army and we would train for airspace currency all the time. Its an FAA and AMCOM directive.

Guess what? We often flew to many civilian airports. Didn't oppress anyone on the way in either.

Take it down a notch. Your pearl clutching hysterics are not a good look.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 01:56 PM
link   

I'm not fooling myself.

What exactly is being degraded, examples please?

I've served active duty, trained all over the USA.
Yes we do have mout facilities, great ones.

What those facilities do not have, is what can be found in realistic environments.

How can our troops train realistically, if they don't have realistic conditions.

Perhaps we ought to agree to disagree.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ADVISOR

I'm not fooling myself.

What exactly is being degraded, examples please?

I've served active duty, trained all over the USA.
Yes we do have mout facilities, great ones.

What those facilities do not have, is what can be found in realistic environments.

How can our troops train realistically, if they don't have realistic conditions.

Perhaps we ought to agree to disagree.

American culture is being degraded and we look like a third world country the more we have military on the streets. I say this cause the nation was founded on the idea we needed no standing army cause most had escaped and defeated such then.

I am interested if you want to share some of your military experiences of training in public in the usa as you claim or at least gave the appearance that the training was in public. My better judgment says you were speaking of different training facilities.

We have always managed to be number one without becoming a militaristic nation.

The thought that the military has to harass the american public in order to kick someones ass is not real life and if historically completely false.

There is no doubt we disagree on this and i believe very much that if unchecked many would love to have the military everywhere eventually.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   

The thought that the military has to harass

Where did this happen? When?

We ARE a militaristic nation. Where have you been the last 30 years?

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

There has been training going on for many years in the public space.

I was a Blackhawk crew chief in the army and we would train for airspace currency all the time. Its an FAA and AMCOM directive.

Guess what? We often flew to many civilian airports. Didn't oppress anyone on the way in either.

Take it down a notch. Your pearl clutching hysterics are not a good look.

I am not really viewing the weapons flying as much of a public nuisance as boots on the ground is.

I think it would be foolish for the air portion of our military to not be training for such. Reason being is because of response time it would take to counter an air invasion.

Ground troops are not in the same category. imo

There are some lines being crossed that should not unless there is something we are not publicly not aware of.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

The thought that the military has to harass

Where did this happen? When?

We ARE a militaristic nation. Where have you been the last 30 years?

Harassment imo is training in public.

We were not founded that way and will fail quickly if we continue to ignore what made us great. Like i said we were founded in rebellion of a militaristic nation that had total control over it's citizens and that is where this ends.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   

I am not really viewing the weapons flying as much of a public nuisance as boots on the ground is.

Unless on a military reservation or on actual patrol, our hawks fly unarmed.

I think it would be foolish for the air portion of our military to not be training for such. Reason being is because of response time it would take to counter an air invasion.

Have you received military training? I'm not asking this to denigrate your position at all, I am saying that military training is required for the boots as much as for wings for the SAME reasons you just stated.

Ground troops are not in the same category. imo

This is a misconception borne of ignorance of military training. May I suggest that you refine your position by familiarizing yourself with how and why the military trains?

There are some lines being crossed that should not unless there is something we are not publicly not aware of.

You haven't been very clear as to what those lines are.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Harassment imo is training in public.

This is what we call "making # up".

We were not founded that way and will fail quickly if we continue to ignore what made us great. Like i said we were founded in rebellion of a militaristic nation that had total control over it's citizens and that is where this ends.

What makes you believe this has changed just because a few troops were training? Man you'd really freak out if you knew how large the NTC reservation is.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 02:29 PM
link   

NTC was amazing.
Yes I wish people could see how massive it is.

But it's in an empty desert, which is limited in situations and conditions more realistic for an emerging urban fight.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 02:35 PM
link   

NTC reservation

not sure what you are referring but it sounds like a training center. I would not be bothered by training in spaces not open to the public.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ADVISOR

And that fight is gonna be here sooner rather than later.

It may be a fight in Europe within the next 5 years. I have a lot of reasons to believe this, but that is a subject for a later thread.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Kudos to everyone for listening to others opinions without blowing a gasket and such.

I do wonder if you all would be ok if the military began to train in every major usa city so that they could be prepared if they ever had to be deployed on a mission there?

More specific to the question is where do you all draw the line?

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 02:38 PM
link   

not sure what you are referring but it sounds like a training center. I would not be bothered by training in spaces not open to the public.

The NTC training center is small compared to the NTC reservation zone which spans nearly 15,000 square miles. It reaches into Nevada. Definitely has cities in it.

Been like that for decades.

Will be like that despite your asinine protests.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join