It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nobody wants to take care of kids anymore

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Child rearing is hard, often unappreciated work, but quite possibly the most important work of all.

Nobody wants to do it!

I think we've all seen a trend lately, nobody wants to watch kids. Moms and dads are too busy working/surviving.

I saw on social media people practically begging for a nanny and babysitter.
I did a quick search, there are a THOUSAND jobs looking for sitters, nannies and child care workers.
The pay is around 14 bucks and still no takers!!

This will be here before we know it:
This Robot Takes Care of Your Children
www.nextnature.net...

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
Child rearing is hard, often unappreciated work, but quite possibly the most important work of all.

Nobody wants to do it!

I think we've all seen a trend lately, nobody wants to watch kids. Moms and dads are too busy working/surviving.

I saw on social media people practically begging for a nanny and babysitter.
I did a quick search, there are a THOUSAND jobs looking for sitters, nannies and child care workers.
The pay is around 14 bucks and still no takers!!

This will be here before we know it:
This Robot Takes Care of Your Children
www.nextnature.net...

Never would I let a programmed robot take care of my kids. Used to be, you could always find one of the neighborhood high school girls to watch your kids, my neighbor watched me and my sister when we were young (1980's). Teens are too busy with their phones and social media these days, it's the worst thing we've ever created. Thanks Tom, thanks Mark.
edit on 4-2-2019 by LSU2018 because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 05:21 PM
link   
The job is also risky.

Wait until one of the little darlings gets angry and accuses you of something you didn't do.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I think it also is because most people now live in concrete jungles. Very little play room outside to interact these days.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

I watched kids as a teen and I f'ing hated it. (sorry for swearing, but that is seriously how much I hated it)
We shouldn't rely on children to watch other children.

I don't think childcare is the answer. I think the answer is that one parent, or grandparent really needs to be the one to watch the kids. We got so caught up in all the money making, big houses, that we forgot the reason we were doing it in the first place. To take care of our families. Many families can survive on one income, they just don't want to downgrade their lifestyle.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 05:27 PM
link   

I watched kids as a teen and I f'ing hated it. (sorry for swearing, but that is seriously how much I hated it)

I don't think childcare is the answer. I think the answer is that one parent, or grandparent really needs to be the one to watch the kids. We got so caught up in all the money making, big houses, that we forgot the reason we were doing it in the first place. To take care of our families. Many families can survive on one income, they just don't want to downgrade their lifestyle.

You might be right. My sister had 3 kids and never worked. Husband worked at John Deere

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
The job is also risky.

Wait until one of the little darlings gets angry and accuses you of something you didn't do.

A former boss I had could not keep a nanny. Her two kids wouldn't stop spitting in the nannies face. They
obviously quit.
She just couldn't understand it....

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I didn't mind doing some babysitting here and there. Most of the time it was a simple matter of herding cats to the nearest park and letting them go.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 05:35 PM
link   

The job is also risky.

A former boss I had could not keep a nanny. Her two kids wouldn't stop spitting in the nannies face. They
obviously quit.

If I had that situation going on, my kid would shortly learn that he is not too old to spank although I'd try a number of other things first.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 05:37 PM
link   

I recently saw a post somewhere from some one who did child care for many years...she warned when some brings a child never take a sleeping child they must be woken up in the prescence of the person dropping them off...the reason...someone can hurt a child and bring them in the seat saying they are sleeping...unsuspecting caretaker takes them in and later gets blamed when it becomes obvious that some is wrong with the child....the dropper offer will clai=m the child was fine just sleeping when dropped off...........no on wants to take a chance that they will be accused of soemthing they didn't do

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 05:40 PM
link   

The job is also risky.

obviously quit.

If I had that situation going on, my kid would shortly learn that he is not too old to spank although I'd try a number of other things first.

my dad went straight for the belt.
we kids knew better than to ignore an instruction from our parents. it only took one time with the belt to know we needed to listen.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: subfab

Mine's at the age where he wouldn't do that anymore unless we're talking some serious something went down. I think he lost it in pre-K and spat on someone on the playground once ... once. We didn't have to spank him though to make him stop.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Yeah but it taught you that if you wanted money and needed a job, you couldn't be picky and as long as you did your job, you got your money. My wife babysat kids all throughout high school and then worked at night at the local seafood restaurant waiting tables. Well, the babysitting was during the summer breaks. I know it's hard to find someone you trust, but as long as the kids are good, there's usually not a problem unless the sitter was wanting to go out with her friends.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 05:51 PM
link   

When my 9 month-old Grandson is dropped off to be babysat, I thoroughly enjoy him!...for about 2 hours. After that, the main goal is to get him to SLEEP.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 05:55 PM
link   

The job is also risky.

obviously quit.

Nasty ass kids. I'd quit too. I'm a guy though, I'm not geared to babysit, I'll sit back with my own kids all day long but I can't handle someone else's kids unless it's my sister's kids. I was working on a ranch tossing hay bales on a trailer from 15 years old until 17 when I get a job washing dishes in a restaurant. Hated it with a passion but I needed the money.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 05:57 PM
link   
My wife left work (accept for reserve weekend) to be a stay at home mom, going to make things tougher in the short term but I think that will help raise a son we want, by making sure a parent is involved with his life daily.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 05:57 PM
link   

The job is also risky.

obviously quit.

Not I. I'd put a belt to my kids' butts. Still do from time to time but they're usually on their best behavior.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 06:00 PM
link   
true parenting is very rare

the family unit has been totally destroyed

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: subfab

The job is also risky.

obviously quit.

my dad went straight for the belt.
we kids knew better than to ignore an instruction from our parents. it only took one time with the belt to know we needed to listen.

Yep. I was coaxed into stealing a pair of Girbaud pants when I was a Freshman in high school. I knew better and had never tried to steal anything in my life but I figured once wouldn't hurt. I got caught. When I got home and my mom told my dad what happened, I heard "He WHAT!!!!" then he jumped out of his recliner so fast it flipped on it's back and hit the wall. I was two rooms away waiting for my punishment. I heard his belt pop every single loop on his pants as he yanked it off and when he grabbed the top of my left arm and went to swinging that belt, my feet were dangling, I was flailing, and he was getting my lower back, my upper legs, and my butt. When my feet touched the ground, I apologized for letting him down and went and laid down in my room. I never stole anything again. My dad has a fuse 10 miles long, mine is the same, so when he got mad, we cleared the room kinda like my kids do now when I get mad. And I can count on one hand how many times I saw him mad.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Just this,

44% of Millennials See Their Pets as Starter Children, and That’s a Big Opportunity for Brands

and an observation that many will never get past that "starter."

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join