It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nathan Phillips, the Native American from the Covington Kids viral video

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: toolgal462

If I'm thinking of the video you're talking about, that's the only time he says it. And also he doesn't say he was in theater, he was talking about how someone ticked off a box for him when he was discharged. Again unclear and clearly just rambling. He has no intent to lie. This is a simple guy.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 04:44 PM
link   
From the youtube video description:

Newly surfaced video from an old Facebook Live broadcast shows Native American activist Nathan Phillips saying he was a “Vietnam Vet” as well as claiming his discharge papers show he served “in theater.” -- Phil Kerpen @kerpen: “🚨Nathan Phillips, January 3, 2018🚨 "I'm a Vietnam Vet. I served in Marine Corps 72 to 76. I got discharged May 5, 1976. I got honorable discharge and one of the boxes shows peacetime or, what my box says is that I was **in theater**. I don't talk much about my Vietnam times."”

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: toolgal462

originally posted by: strongfp

There's no video of him intending and pushing his veteran status. And if there is, it's unclear and I guess ambiguous.

He's not a liar. He's just an old weirdo who got caught up in this whole mess and became a media frenzy.

Give it a rest, I just watched him very clearly in a video state that he is a "vietnam vet" and that was deployed in theater!
I don't know how to link videos, but it is 37 seconds long on youtube.

He even goes on to try and pull on the heartstrings by saying "I don't talk much about my Vietnam times"....LOL...

Probably because he has never been there.

Jesus H. Do not tell me he never made this claim again please.

If you read the first page, I posted the instructions on how to embed videos there for the OP. BUt, I'll repeat here out of courtesy

Sorry, slightly off-topic: help tip on embedding YouTube videos

1. Go to the YouTube video you wish to embed.
2. Copy the video ID (all the characters at the end after the "v=" ) in the address bar
3. Go to ATS and begin yo draft your post
4. In the post editor, click the "YouTube icon at the top of the edit area
5. Click "OK" to the first dialog
6. A new dialog will open with a data entry field. Paste the video ID copied in step 2 into the data entry field in the dialog and click "OK"
7. You will be returned to your post editor with the [ yvid ] tag and video ID you posted.
8. Preview your post to see it embedded properly.

Now you can post it and it will appear.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

Are you advocating people who protest can be shot?

Bloody hell, i thought you left all that behind after the Kent State Massacre of 1970.

Is 4 people a massacre?

Can you trespass on private property to protest? In Texas you can protect your private property using deadly force...just saying

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Torture and hurt feelings, not the same.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 04:46 PM
link   

If I'm thinking of the video you're talking about, that's the only time he says it. And also he doesn't say he was in theater, he was talking about how someone ticked off a box for him when he was discharged. Again unclear and clearly just rambling. He has no intent to lie. This is a simple guy.

The intent is clear, I posted the actual words he says in the video. and have watched it 4 times now.

The dude is a con man playing on people's GUILT that is associated with how both Vietnam vets were treated and how Native Americans have been treated.

It's likely how he supports himself. By playing up people's guilt associated with these things and conning them into feeling bad and giving him $$.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Is 4 people a massacre

Well that is what they called it.

allthatsinteresting.com...

Maybe only 4 lives mean bugger all to you.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Off one video? You're playing judge jury and executioner off ONE self made video on facebook?

Why didn't he say those things in the CNN interview? Or Any time after, or before?

You even said he claimed to be in theater. When he doesn't say that at all, he says someone else ticked the box off for him.

You're digging into this far to deep to make him look like he's a liar. Your case would not stand in court, it's just a smear campaign at this point because he's a person who protests the Catholic church.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Keep getting "playback error" sorry, I tried.

edit on 24-1-2019 by toolgal462 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Is it this one?

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Off one video? You're playing judge jury and executioner off ONE self made video on facebook?

Why didn't he say those things in the CNN interview? Or Any time after, or before?

You even said he claimed to be in theater. When he doesn't say that at all, he says someone else ticked the box off for him.

You're digging into this far to deep to make him look like he's a liar. Your case would not stand in court, it's just a smear campaign at this point because he's a person who protests the Catholic church.

Yeah, there is video of him making these claims and you think I'm the one who is painting him as a liar. Give me a break already. The dude is a con man.

And who the f are you Clarence Darrow? You think you can get this man off in a court of law for having misled (ie lied) about his service record?

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

Is it this one?

OH thank you so much I am inept I admit!!! Pretty clear what he says and what his intent was for everyone to believe. Don't you think?

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

He's a liar, a fantasist and has some serious delusions of grandeur. He's perfect as a useful idiot for the Democrat party and media to drive racial division.

edit on 24/1/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Are you opposed to private property and private property rights? Why?

A church is private property, just like someones home. When asked to leave you must leave or you are committing a crime. I suspect it's the same where you live?

You seem very confused about what free speech entails here.

Three general first amendment principles guide departmental decision-making in controlling public protest:

First, political speech in traditional public forums, such as streets and parks, is afforded a very high level of first amendment protection, and blanket prohibitions of such speech are generally unconstitutional.
Second, reasonable time, place, and manner restrictions on such speech are permissible if they are content-neutral, narrowly tailored to serve substantial government interests, and leave ample alternative ways for the speech to occur.
Third, speech or expressive conduct can be restricted because of its relationship to unlawful conduct, such as disorderly conduct or trespass.

LINK

What would your opinion be if it were the KKK entering a church, with mostly Black members, to protest? Same thing exactly.

Private property is private property and the owner(s) have complete control over who may or may not enter the property, either a building or the land. It would be chaos otherwise and that's what people are trying to explain here.
edit on 1/24/2019 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 05:07 PM
link   

a reply to: Xtrozero

Is 4 people a massacre

Well that is what they called it.

allthatsinteresting.com...

Maybe only 4 lives mean bugger all to you.

Must not mean much to you either except as ammunition. Otherwise, I feel as if you'd be unable to function at all with all the lives lost around the world, let alone 4.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: toolgal462

Yeah, there is video of him making these claims and you think I'm the one who is painting him as a liar. Give me a break already. The dude is a con man.

And who the f are you Clarence Darrow? You think you can get this man off in a court of law for having misled (ie lied) about his service record?

The difference is, lying is not telling the truth, deception is when one is deceiving and that can make people think that you are telling the truth.

He is definitely deceptive in his efforts to make a name for himself.
I 100% agree with you, I have heard him say a lot of things that one might take as truth, and it may not be, and we know he's not.

edit on 24-1-2019 by recrisp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 05:41 PM
link   
It is important to remember that this deranged lunatic doesn't represent the Native American community. I live in an area right next to a large Native American community and have spoken with many of them about this incident. The majority of them see this sick, depraved individual for what he is and do not support him.

To believe this sociopath represents an entire people is the same ill logic the far left uses when they believe a few sociopathic male rapists committing crimes somehow translates to "all men are rapists". It is faulty logic, plain and simple.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 10:35 PM
link   

a reply to: rickymouse

Americans like to harp on about their Freedom Of Speech and Right To Peaceful Protest.

Phillips is only doing what you regard as a cherished right is he not? So what's your problem?

Ok, during these gatherings, was the law followed? www.loc.gov...

From what I saw in the first event, the black dudes were not being civil as they shouted obsceneties at the people standing around watching. Now, I did not see the native American guy that was drumming do anything wrong, but did they get the required permit to do that protest? If not, they were not following the laws that allow the right of assembly.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 10:49 PM
link   
It's not about freedom of speech or protest.

It' about lies and lies being used to accuse people of things they did not do. It's probably not illegal for the Indian guy to walk up and beat his drum in someone face but it is rude.

Some people will never be able to see the reality through their bias.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 03:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Are you opposed to private property and private property rights? Why?

So by your premise, The Boston Tea Party should never have taken place.

Right ?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join