It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So its a little hot here in South Australia .

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 01:50 AM
link   
It's just starting to cool down here in Melbourne after hitting 44 C (112 F) today. There were a lot of power outages and traffic lights out of service due to overburdening of the grid.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Pilgrum

Yes heroes for sure
There's over 700 firefighters and 30 aircraft currently active at multiple sites across the state.
I'm getting poor air quality (smoke) and ash fall from the central highlands fires over 100km away.

Bit of a chance of a Thunderstorm this end, a good chance of rain in parts, Maybe we should pray for a good downfall.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I feel for ya'll, those temps are no joke. I lived in Arizona for 10yrs and remember when the the temps would be in the 114F-117F for weeks and 100+ at night.

Stay cool down under mates!

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: weirdguy

16oohrs thurs. it reached 120 English in the back yard
so I went back inside pulled another beer and sat at my bar
at 2300hrs the temp. had dropped to 96 in the back yard so pulled another beer and sat outside for most of the night
bit bloody seedy today
heat comes back tues.
yep as for normal first day of the new school year and its a bloody hot one
I seem to remember back in the 50.s the hot still summer days where nothing moved seemed to last for longer periods
I can remember a Christmas day back in the bush and the temp was 125 English
yep and all we had were fans and buckets of water to put our feet in
gotta luv the evap ducted cooling of today

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Pilgrum

OMG, that is horrible! I pray there are no casualties.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: pronto

Crikey mate! That's a stretch of throwing coldies back! No wonder yer were out of beers this morning mate. 1600 to 2300 closing.

Sounds like a mess drink on a Friday night.

Good on ya!

bally

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I would say global warming, but most of the supposed cause of that is in the Northern Hemisphere, and the two hemispheres don't exchange weather all that much.

You Aussies need to drive more electric cars.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Weird how the heat seems to emanate from alice springs, is fairly localized and then drops off 20c in a day...hrmmm

cdn.newsapi.com.au...
edit on 26-1-2019 by circuitsports because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: bally001

Sounds like a mess drink on a Friday night.

Sounds like most Friday night , mess or no mess . How did you put Australia day mate .

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
I would say global warming, but most of the supposed cause of that is in the Northern Hemisphere, and the two hemispheres don't exchange weather all that much.

You Aussies need to drive more electric cars.

We'd like to drive more, but as you can see our new and improved electricity grid can't even handle a hot week. You'd be amazed how many people in this country can't see the conflict between having an all electric car fleet while simultaneously blowing up all of our coal fired generators and not replacing them with an equivalent.

I used to like this country.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Its Australia, mate. Dont know if you are new there or just visiting but its always hot there.

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Hey Guys,

The media and the BOM is claiming last weeks heat wave as the hottest ever or since 1930 or ... I have seen a few different claims.

C to F conversion gives 116 degrees F.

I can remember hotter days than that back when I was a child.

What gives? Pity we can't go back and have a look at the records ourselves.

Adelaide has had hotter temps than this.

P

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

Mostly at home by myself. Wife working, last of my mob, young fella, went to the beach with his mates near Yamba. 'Blue Hole' I think he called it. Drank a goodly amount. Dicked around on Ats. Said things I reckon I'll regret.

'Pronto' kept me on my toes checking in every hour or so. Watched a bit of cricket. Missus came home late arvo. She answered the phone. Male voice said, "Betcha don't know who this is?"

Yeah Nah. Pronto checking in again. God love him.

But a good relaxing day by all accounts. Yourself? Any crabs lately?

kind regards,

bally

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Must be dry where you are, drove out into the hinterlands here towards nimbin and I've never seen it so brown and dry, normally this area is very green, as soon as you head past ballina heading south the climate changes and gets dry and bush like, it's unusual to see it here, the remnants of the rainforest are not coping without the wet stuff.

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 03:28 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

G'day HNFIWWN,

Yes it is dry. Looks like will be for sometime. Stopped with the veggie garden. (tired of pumping water, dries up the dam.)

Can't mow. So we are looking forward to April and start burning off selections as we do every year to eradicate weeds and keep the neighbour's Lantana at bay.

Still have a bit of green around and I do have the citrus trees producing. Give the chooks a hose when I can to keep the eggs up. Fish are quiet in the big Dam. So I tend to be optimistic and think late Feb or early March we might get a decent drop and things will pick up. If not, I will be buying water again.

Kind regards and thanks for asking,

bally

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 03:47 AM
link   

damn

been a few places in AUS.

I'm from upstate NY people here(me included) wear shorts if its above 60F. I dont do great in heat but adjust quickly, when i was in AUS visiting my GF in college i remember taking a trip to Nimbin and it was sooooo hot at night i would just sweat puddles laying in bed but by the time i left i was rather adjusted.

i miss AUS very much

where i live its -14C wish i could mail some cold to you
edit on 27-1-2019 by penroc3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

Nimbin is calling. Immigrate. Get hot again. Swim in the pristine waters, or just sit in a comfy chair and smoke a pipe.

You know you want to do it. Don't dream and sigh, jump on a plane and fly, to the great southern land where everything is grand. Even the reptiles, mammals, insects, arachnids, sharks, fish, jelly fish, shell fish, octopus, bacteria can kill you or at least seriously harm you. Oh, and drop bears but they are included in mammals. And then don't drive alone on the Hume or Stuart Highways.

You'll be right mate!

kind regards,

bally
edit on 27-1-2019 by bally001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Any crabs lately?

Nah mate haven't been crabbing so far . I want to go out from Port Augusta where apparently the crabs are quite big . Apparently mother nature is watching me and deliberately screws the weekend weather up . It is either to hot or the wind is up just a little to much . Last time i went there we got caught big time by the wind and it took ages to get back to the ramp . Had the prop out of the water once which is not good but we got there in the end .

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Well. good story and glad you made it ashore safely.

Did you spill your beer in the chop?

kind regards,

bally

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 04:06 AM
link   

And then don't drive alone on the Hume or Stuart Highways.

Or get a lift with anyone with the last name Milat or Mick Tayler .lol.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join