It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. sanctions on Venezuela would reroute crude, leave refiners short

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Traders said the United States may need to sell oil from the U.S. Strategic Petroleum Reserve to cover supply shortfalls as additional shipments are secured via Canada or Mexico.

www.reuters.com... U

U.S. refineries that depend on Venezuela’s heavy crude would have even more trouble securing supplies as Canadian and Mexican crudes are often not as discounted and are limited in availability.

The United States is considering moves to cripple Venezuela’s oil shipments, which account for nearly all of the country’s exports, in response to the reelection of President Nicolas Maduro that was widely viewed as a sham.

Venezuela has, on average, exported about 500,000 barrels of crude a day to the United States in 2018, according to U.S. Energy Department data. The U.S. share of its exports has declined in recent years with more shipments going to Russia and China.

In the wake of sanctions the country could seek additional deals with Turkey, India or other Asian nations, one trader of Venezuelan crude said.

Traders said the United States may need to sell oil from the U.S. Strategic Petroleum Reserve to cover supply shortfalls as additional shipments are secured via Canada or Mexico.

Looks like the USA is going to need to invade, if cannot pull a regime change,...

14 companies just got contracts recently...
edit on 23-1-2019 by dojozen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: dojozen
Looks like the USA is going to need to invade, if cannot pull a regime change,...

The US won't invade and the Venezuelans will push the current bunch of corrupt imbeciles out, eventually. There is growing opposition from people who can think for themselves.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: dojozen

I really hope the US does not invade.

I was kind of hoping we could pull our forces and other assets away from the rest of the globe (including South America, though that is relatively close in distance terms) where most of them now reside … but wtf - nobody asked me. *shrug*

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 03:46 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 03:53 PM
link   
The U.S. population doesn’t want anymore wars and I doubt Trump is going to authorize one.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Fowlerstoad
Think this might have helped stoked the fire...

Russia Announces Military Base in Caribbean Venezuela

www.breitbart.com...
Dec 18, 2018 - Venezuela has agreed to allow Moscow to establish a military base on the ... offering the Russian military close proximity to the United States.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 04:01 PM
link   
We do no need to invade. Colombia And Brazil would step up to bat to secure their borders and defend the people from the humanitarian crisis that would threaten to destabilize their own states. But our air power can work together with theirs with a limited number of of advisors on the ground to help train and support the domestic opposition. Sounds familiar?

Mmmmm.... You smell that?? It's the scent of profit from defense and heavy industry stocks. I like my profit, so the corrupt illigitemate leader must step aised or be stepped aside. He has been give. A choice after all.

Let's see if the Russians are yet capable of sustainably projecting their force into the western hemisphere.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

You may very well be right and main reason Trump is getting bird dogged and threatened with impeachment...

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

How many US military bases in Columbia?

Think 9 now...

en.granma.cu...
The United States has some 800 military bases around the world, and 76 of these are in Latin America. Among the best known are 12 in Panama, 12 in Puerto Rico, nine in Colombia, and eight in Peru, with the greatest number concentrated in Central America and the Caribbean.

In March of 2018, the U.S. Southern Command released information on its strategy for our region over the next ten years, the principle dangers and threats identified, and plans to confront these. Mentioned in this context were Cuba, Venezuela, and Bolivia; the struggle against drug trafficking; regional and transnational criminal networks; the greater presence of China, Russia, and Iran in Latin America and the Caribbean;

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Those are simply there to make sure the drugs get to their destination safely. We need those drugs in order to perpetuate Infinite warfare in tandem with the increasing proliferation of electronic funds transfers which keep this objective indefinitely funded.

Also, I did say a limited number of advisors in the ground backed by our air right?? It's not really an i vasikn, it's a request for assistance from the legit government to assist with the threat from the illegitimate government (Maduro).

If we are invited what's the deal?? That's the standard line when referencing Russia inside Syria.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Agreed, same in Afghanistan and the opium...

How could 9 bases in columbia not be able to stop the flow of coc aine coming from it...

Oh right, Barry Seal and Iran Contra Affair..

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: dojozen

How many US military bases in Columbia?

Think 9 now...

Bases is a strong word, we have military presence with a few that are navy for drug interdiction on the ocean, a few Air Force and like two Army, but they are not US bases as much as co-located with the Colombia military. With 200,000 deployed US troops around the world we have a few 100 in Colombia not including the ship's personnel.

edit on 23-1-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I guess the US is protecting the good cartels from the bad cartels in Colombia.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel
Wondering if the bad cartel is the one who set up the bases...
a reply to: Xtrozero
How long did it take to invade Panama and take out Noriega?

How many personal was already there before, during and after and now?

1.3 million total active-duty U.S. military personnel, and have bases in over 70 countries... 800 bases abroad

Can see the USA wanting one in every country.
edit on 23-1-2019 by dojozen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Anyone actually knows what body gives the us the right to cripple other countries economically as they see fit?

Who sanctions us when we're caught spying, accidentally bombing hospitals and citizens, destabilizing countries after countries, voter fraud, etc

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Well the UN objected to the Panama Invasion, did not change anything...

USA does not listen very well and likes to lie to the UN.

apnews.com...

he General Assembly on Friday overwhelmingly condemned the U.S. invasion of Panama as a ″flagrant violation″ of international law and called for the swift withdrawal of U.S. troops. The vote was 75 to 20, with 40 abstentions. .

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

Anyone actually knows what body gives the us the right to cripple other countries economically as they see fit?

Who sanctions us when we're caught spying, accidentally bombing hospitals and citizens, destabilizing countries after countries, voter fraud, etc

We are under no obligation to trade with anyone at our discretion. Just like you could be selling something that I don't want to buy. Are you going to blame me for you not making a sale?

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: odzeandennz

We are under no obligation to trade with anyone at our discretion. Just like you could be selling something that I don't want to buy. Are you going to blame me for you not making a sale?

No but, if I choose to sell to someone else you happen to be angry with, why or whom gave you the authority to punish or levy any penalties on my transactions

top topics

join