It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Are Old

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 11:34 AM
link   
What's your body mostly made of, in mass it is

That's 8 for 8 electrons. Do they decay?

Well nobody knows for sure. The problem is - how can you prove it won’t decay? If you watch electrons for a long time you can prove that the lifetime has to be very long. An experiment in 2015 showed that the lifetime of an electron, if it does decay, must be at least 6.6×1028 years.
See: Electron "Lifespan" is at Least 5 Quintillion Times the Age of the Universe. If we write it out in full, at least 66 thousand trillion trillion years, or at least 66,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 years.

quora

Maybe parts of you were a vegetable in a former life, or water, or big parts of you came here directly from the sun. That truly puts a whole new perspective on "reincarnation", which is basically scientifically proven with that.
The problem is: you are a patchwork of things 'n stuff not necessarily alive.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   

"You are old, Father William," the young man said,
"And your hair has become very white;
And yet you incessantly stand on your head—
Do you think, at your age, it is right?"

"In my youth," Father William replied to his son,
"I feared it might injure the brain;
But now that I'm perfectly sure I have none,
Why, I do it again and again."

"You are old," said the youth, "As I mentioned before,
And have grown most uncommonly fat;
Yet you turned a back-somersault in at the door—
Pray, what is the reason of that?"

"In my youth," said the sage, as he shook his grey locks,
"I kept all my limbs very supple
By the use of this ointment—one shilling a box—
Allow me to sell you a couple?"

"You are old," said the youth, "And your jaws are too weak
For anything tougher than suet;
Yet you finished the goose, with the bones and the beak—
How on earth did you manage to do it?"

"In my youth," said his father, "I took to the law,
And argued each case with my wife;
And the muscular strength which it gave to my jaw,
Has lasted the rest of my life."

"You are old," said the youth, "one would hardly suppose
That your eye was as steady as ever;
Yet you balanced an eel on the end of your nose—
What made you so awfully clever?"

"I have answered three questions, and that is enough,"
Said his father; "don't give yourself airs!
Do you think I can listen all day to such stuff?
Be off, or I'll kick you down stairs!"

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 04:29 AM
link   

The body is simply part of the present appearance..... there is no real boundary to the body. If you magnified the body you would see that it is made of 99.99999% space.
This ever present space is aware of what is presently appearing.

edit on 22-1-2019 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Reincarnation means to go into another body..... but you are not in a body now.
There is a really good explanation in a discussion on you tube...... 'Peter Brown Reincarnation'.
He starts by asking... Are you in a body now?
The discussion is one of my all time favorites...... it helps one see from a different point of view.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

The demon in the bhava cakra has an infinite tail, that is all you. Ever wonder why the Historical Buddha refused to go see his "father"? Dead bird, he and his "cousin" shot with an arrow... how long of an albatross was that around his neck? All the way until the mustard seed sutta when his "mother" become mara or bird hiding in female form asking where her "son" went. Here's this seed, go house to house and when you find no house where death has ever occurred? Give it to them. After many houses and walking she became enlightened... notice the color of Theravada robes matching the color of that seed, in another sutta a robe is woven and offered as a gift... he ruses it, once again recognizing where it came from, someone else gladly accepted it instead... thus then becoming her son instead or wearing that garment, of whatever bird beast or later priest that may be.

Talk about albatrosses around someone's neck and standing on one's head...

The eightfold path is to freedom, or release from the continuous rounds of birth and death, or continuously gathered up by the same father/mother in various forms. He tried to give them a son to take over what they wanted, but that was not good enough...

There is a tradition of building a house temple for one's father after one has already been freed, just the same in Buddhism... it is the middle way out of what you speak of, reincarnation is not skin walking forms in greed, hate, or desire for another form. That is the hungry ghost realms and hells as a destination doing such a thing... it is Brahmanism and Jainism... both are extremes, that give rise to heavens and hells and bondage to form and spirit or energy... instead of thats what it already is, of course those continually trying to take it over or cease such a thing is a fight, instead of acceptance.

As you said re-incarnation is going into another body then contradict yourself by saying "you are not in a body now". How would you know the state of her precious body or form?

Re-incarnation is turning the wheel of one's life into the previous form, which is also the same form... since beginnings "time".

Consider the koans; If all things are returnable to one; then what is the one returnable too? & "What was your fathers face before he was born?"

Those are direct pointings and have very deep levels...

I saw the Gautama buddhas steps on the lotus from the left side of the lotus as he was walking down the wheels of life in the deava realm.

The veil is a good thing... it has been nice to learn from him, as a world teacher... of course there are many other buddhas or beings awake to all of this... and no god nor brahma can be said to be the maker of all of this. Mara to me is Bodhidhamma/Chi I Su/Hotei/Maitreya, and that's ok, as he cannot hide knowing his face better than he could ever stone it against the great wall waiting for that last birds beak to fall off, stay on the path Mr. Big time/little time.

Still not a crown though many try to wear it as one...

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 05:33 AM
link   

If we are all made of starsust ...

It stands to reason that we are old.

Just how old and what to make of our genetics.

Lotta info right there.

A scanner and decoder would be nice.

One day soon.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Sometimes I see middle aged and elderly people and realise they never grew up, they still want things to be perfect and strive to ensure it is. They are their 3 year old self and it is quite a beautiful thing.
Sometimes I wish I wasn't so morally corrupt being a teenager in the noughties was probably the worst thing that could have happened to me I wish I grew up in the 60s or 70s or even 80s, but that was when it all started going downhill when it stopped being free love and rather bought materialistic lust and while lust is a fantastic emotion it is largely self destructing as it brings out the selfish animal within you rather than the divine enlightened being who loves unconditionally and can't be angered as you have a deep understanding of why everyone does everything lol

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 12:07 AM
link   

I like this perspective. It's like telling kids they're drinking dinosaur pee or we're 75% water which was once peed out by dinosaurs. It makes them laugh and then they think about it.

We're all very ancient indeed. At the same time, we're relatively new and also short-lived* in the scheme of things. Like flowers enjoying the sun, we ought to appreciate the moments as well as how truly ancient our very beings are.

* ...or wilted and tired...

new topics

top topics

join