It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Himalaya Earthquake Threat

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

The list of 2018 earthquakes by magnitude has 7 (41.2%) of 17 quakes in December/January and not one by death toll.

I randomly clicked 49, 55, 61, 65 and 90 in quakes by year. Nothing to see apart from 49 has a slightly higher frequency and 90 even higher. The other three show a lower frequency if anything.

I wonder if the snow pack is adding pressure to the plates? don't know if significant enough weight

Same. It'd be interesting to plot frequency by month if someone hasn't already done so. I had a very quick look and didn't find frequency by month. Is there an increasing frequency in Dec/Jan? Could the shrinking ice shelves in the Arctic be having an effect on the plates? Is there a lot of weight displacement causing energy to be stored in different areas? Or is there no significant pattern at all? Sounds like a fun project.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   
A 6.1 mag earthquake hits North India- Pakistan with Hindukush region as epicentre.

Occurred on:02-02-2019, 17:34:44 IST, Lat:36.5 N & Long: 70.7 E, Depth: 212 Km, Region:Hindukush region, Afghanistan

new topics

<< 1   >>

join