It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Himalaya Earthquake Threat

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   
www.msn.com...

A study published January 3 in Nature Communications provides new evidence that, rather than releasing seismic tensions in the crust, the 2015 quake likely loaded the surrounding region for an even more destructive mega-earthquake that could clock in at magnitude 8.5 or higher. The study’s numerical simulations probe the conditions behind how and why moderate earthquakes trigger massive ones, helping scientists understand the accumulation of stress along faults.

“This result has disconcerting implications for the seismic risk of the Indo-Gangetic plain that extends to the north of the Indian peninsula and is populated by over 400 million people,” geophysicist Luca Dal Zilio, the lead author of the study, says via email.

horrid thought of an event like that in winter. third world places not at all prepared for disasters. doubt if they have much in the way of warning systems.

is there a geologically stable place in this world?

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

kind of, but we bury our nuclear waste in one of the spots. ultimately nowhere is safe in the grand scheme of things though. something will happen to every square inch eventually, u just have to wait long enough.
lets hope they get a series of small quakes to dissipate that stored energy
edit on 20-1-2019 by TheScale because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   
At least they can kind of predict advance risk so people can get prepared in case some major event happens. Science can be such a good thing some times. It is bad that ill gotten scientific research and interpretations are being used against the people so much by deceitful people, hearing something like this helps to appreciate good science. Maybe this will help to save some lives.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
At least they can kind of predict advance risk so people can get prepared in case some major event happens. Science can be such a good thing some times. It is bad that ill gotten scientific research and interpretations are being used against the people so much by deceitful people, hearing something like this helps to appreciate good science. Maybe this will help to save some lives.

And it allows others on the planet who will be negatively impacted to take action as well.

Just ordered 3 pounds of Himalayan pink salt... just in case.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 03:57 PM
link   

is there a geologically stable place in this world?

Nazca, Peru. Not much weather either.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

And it allows others on the planet who will be negatively impacted to take action as well.

You know, I never thought about that, the salt will be worth it's weight in silver if something happens.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 04:29 PM
link   

You know, I never thought about that, the salt will be worth it's weight in silver if something happens.

I never thought about it as a trade item if TSHTF.

All I know is it's about the only salt around I like that doesn't have environmental crap in it and 3 pounds would last me probably 6 years for cooking...

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 04:47 PM
link   

I never thought about it as a trade item if TSHTF.

All I know is it's about the only salt around I like that doesn't have environmental crap in it and 3 pounds would last me probably 6 years for cooking...

We do most of our own cooking and I usually consume about a teaspoon of added salt a day. I have a problem because I pee it out too much. A genetic thing. I just had a blood test and my level was two up from the bottom of the normal range. My wife keeps saying I add too much salt, she was shocked to see I was barely in the normal range. It is supposed to be a great genetic trait, but in a society where salt is evil, it is a curse. My level can drop in a day and I get weak. I ate some potato chips with chip dip and a sandwich an hour before going to my doctors appointment. The doctor did not say I needed to fast, so I went to the lab right away. Then he says my cholesterol was high, yeah, first of all, it can be up to ten percent higher if you ate within six hours, and in the winter, everyone's cholesterol is higher because of the cold. On top of that older people tend to be a little hypovolemic which means less blood in circulation or if they drink water they can be anemic. Less blood in circulation means that more of everything is needed to maintain a proper amount for the body. Everything should be a little higher but still should not go out of the upper threshold of the normal amount unless other problems are present, like cold, just worked out or walked a lot, or if you ate. I thought the doctor told me I did not need to fast, evidently I did not hear him right when I was pulling the t-shirt over my head. I was more like twenty percent too high, This time of the year there are way too many goodies floating around, lots of ham lately too.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGooberoNo MSM coverage... no news.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 07:21 PM
link   

At least they can kind of predict advance risk so people can get prepared in case some major event happens.

I just wonder how much of this tech is in that part of the world.

India and China certainly have tech capabilities; question is how much trouble are they willing to go to, for these mostly poor people.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 07:27 PM
link   

You know that stuff comes from Pakistan. It's just called Himalayan since Pakistan Salt wouldn't sell in western markets. It's still good stuff, not the best, but still worth the money.

edit on 20-1-2019 by Guyfriday because: I misspelled a word...ok...there geesh

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElGoobero

At least they can kind of predict advance risk so people can get prepared in case some major event happens.

I just wonder how much of this tech is in that part of the world.

India and China certainly have tech capabilities; question is how much trouble are they willing to go to, for these mostly poor people.

I think they have the capability in lots of countries to predict heightened risk. The problem is that if they give a false alarm, it causes a lot of fear and disgust and the people will lose confidence in the scientists who study it. If the scientists did say there was going to be a quake in three or four days and people took off, they up the risk of loosing a lot when thieves come in and loot, then nothing happens and everyone comes back and they are depressed and a month later the event happens. Science can't predict things well, only up the risk factor. There are lots of variables, a quake two thousand miles away can trigger a quake. Cold changes things, so does rainfall. It is good they are saying there is more risk so people can prepare but that is about all there is that presently can be done.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Some locations have warning app's for your phone. Sensors set off a warning a few seconds before the quake.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 02:33 AM
link   

The uptick in volcanoes and quakes is due to another solar system in our system causing plasma burst's and magnetic anomolys,just track system can predict future disasters,just like our ancestors messages they wrote us

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 02:47 AM
link   

It's not the first time, and It won't be the last.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Cancel It. the chinese have a nuclear testing site 50k from the salt mines.
There Is one part per billion radioactive plutonium In It.

This Is a tiny part of the global effort by around 200 families to keep as many humans mentally retarded as possible they currently have a success rate of 95% of the 7.1 billion.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Well I sure hope it doesn't happen until after I summit Everest!

In all sincerity though what a horrible event that will be. I love the Himalayas and its people and it will be/would be heart wrenching.

The pink salt is good stuff but if you really want to make a small fortune start importing and selling Yak milk/butter/cheese
everyone loves their bullet proof coffee after all and the Sherpa tea is the real deal!

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

Sensors set off a warning a few seconds before the quake.

About 604800 seconds?

China's earthquake record is something else. Almost a million died in one quake. I noticed the list has a lot of Januarys and Decembers. 44 quakes are listed with months and 12 (27.2%) of them are Dec/Jan.

It looks non-significant as apparently most quakes happen between April and October (link). I've just learned something new.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky
a reply to: LookingAtMars

Sensors set off a warning a few seconds before the quake.

About 604800 seconds?

China's earthquake record is something else. Almost a million died in one quake. I noticed the list has a lot of Januarys and Decembers. 44 quakes are listed with months and 12 (27.2%) of them are Dec/Jan.

It looks non-significant as apparently most quakes happen between April and October (link). I've just learned something new.

I wonder if the snow pack is adding pressure to the plates?
don't know if significant enough weight

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars
a reply to: rickymouse

Some locations have warning app's for your phone. Sensors set off a warning a few seconds before the quake.

Yeah just enough time to say "Oh crap' and distract you for that split second .

top topics

<<   2 >>

join