It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blizzard is going to bring back Classic WoW.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 02:15 AM
link   
So Blizzard Activision is bringing Classic WoW back.

I suppose 2018 was mostly a # show for most triple A developers, and Blizzard/Activision was no stranger to that.

No announcement of Diablo 4 at blizzcon instead Diablo Immortal a #ty mobile game was announced.

So I ask this, is this Blizzard/Activision trying to save grace now, maybe give fans what they want?

Or is it because so many people play classic WoW on private servers that they've decided they need to get in on the action.

Also do you think Blizzard will keep it actually vanilla, or will there be some tweaks? WoW Tokens?

I'll probably give it a try on live, but I'm okay with being disappointed, theres always private server to get the fix.

Blizzard announced a release date for “World of Warcraft: Classic” today, confirming that it will debut in summer 2019.

The upcoming “classic” take on the popular MMORPG is playable at BlizzCon 2018. However, there will also be a special “World of Warcraft: Classic” demo available for attendees who didn’t get a chance to make it out to the event.

Anyone with a Virtual Ticket or regular BlizzCon 2018 attendee ticket will be able to download the demo at home. The demo comes with a 60 minute playtime limit as well as a 90 minute cooldown period, where you’ll need to wait a bit of time before logging in to play again. Players will begin at level 15 to get a good feel for what the game will over and will be capped at level 19.

Upon the game’s full release, it will be included free to anyone with a “World of Warcraft” subscription, which means new players who join the game will have access to the entirety of the “Warcraft” catalogue when opening a new account for “World of Warcraft: Classic” without paying an additional fee.

lulz, Variety had an article on it haha

variety.com...

Not to mention Cyberpunk 2077 comes out around the same time.

edit: looks like this been in the works since last June.
edit on 20-1-2019 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 02:23 AM
link   
They are complete sellouts nowdays. The blizzard I fell in love with back in the 90's is no more, this is a different animal. The microtransaction reigns supreme and game balance suffers greatly from it. The developers groups have fractured and split apart, they've had 2 CFO's walk out within 48 hours of one another... it is hitting the fan over there methinks, and they no longer have the capacity to redeem themselves.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Never going back...

Sucks your life way...

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 02:29 AM
link   
a reply to: chadderson

I guess we can only hope they branch off and make some new studios idk.

Sucks that the days of "Gameplay first" are long gone.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

It's dead Jim, stop kicking it.

Oh, this coming from the guy who's trying Rust again for the umpteenth time.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 02:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
Never going back...

Sucks your life way...

Hehehe.

I did the Beta then some of live but I stopped playing around lvl 40, I forgot what I started doing.

Probably living like a savage irl drinking etc lol.

I think I'd be okay with up to The Burning Crusade.

Granted I played pretty much every MMO before WoW

Sounds tempting to give it a go but to be completely honest, I doubt I have the time to sink into it to do all the end game stuff...

Plus a lot of new games are on the horizon.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 02:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

It's dead Jim, stop kicking it.

Oh, this coming from the guy who's trying Rust again for the umpteenth time.

Rust lol.

And I thought ARK was toxic.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 02:38 AM
link   

I can only be the chosen one/hero/planets last chance yadda yadda for so many playthroughs before I need some 12 year old to humble me.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Children are #ing savages.

Thats why us old #ers gotta stick together so we can murder the children before the murder us.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 02:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

originally posted by: Akragon
Never going back...

Sucks your life way...

Hehehe.

I did the Beta then some of live but I stopped playing around lvl 40, I forgot what I started doing.

Probably living like a savage irl drinking etc lol.

I think I'd be okay with up to The Burning Crusade.

Granted I played pretty much every MMO before WoW

Sounds tempting to give it a go but to be completely honest, I doubt I have the time to sink into it to do all the end game stuff...

Plus a lot of new games are on the horizon.

Well I played wow almost from the release date... stopped just before.... erm, whatever came after lich king

so that's about 5-6 years, and I was a game master on three major servers...

I just can't do that again... takes too much of your life...

I remember spending 12 hours waiting on a black tower raid... Cripes I couldn't even imagine doing that anymore

Im digging VR these days... No time for mmo

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 02:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

12 hours jesus christ thats like some EverQuest crap right there...

DAoC was my favorite MMO, I enjoyed the RvR.

link   
Rust.

link   
Blizzard bringing back Classic is old news.

Simply comes down to supply and demand. Plenty of people want Classic WoW.

Not a fan of any WOW personally.

No Diablo 4? soooo? Play something else. Not like there is a shortage of games out there.

ONLY MAKE THE GAMES I WANT TO PLAY DEVELOPERS!!! DO THINGS THE WAY I WANT THEM TO BE!!!
YOU MADE A GAME FOR PHONES AND NOT MAH PC OR CONSOLE? HOW DARE YOU!!! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Gamers have certainly become an entitled bunch.

But yeah seriously, gaming is probably the entertainment medium with more choice than any other right now.
You want Diablo 4? It probably already exists, but under a diffrent name, by a different company.
Go looking.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 02:43 AM
link   
save your money. it wont be the same and if it is vanilla you wont find what your looking for. u can only experience magic like that once then u can never go back. i still dont understand why people liked that game. i played it for the scial aspects but geeze that game was ultra simplistic. kinda scary to think how they simplified something simple stupid even further over the years

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 02:44 AM
link   

a reply to: JinMI

Children are #ing savages.

Thats why us old #ers gotta stick together so we can murder the children before the murder us.

It's for the best...really

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 02:44 AM
link   

12 hours jesus christ thats like some EverQuest crap right there...

DAoC was my favorite MMO, I enjoyed the RvR.

that's 12 hours WAITING FFS!!

We sat around waiting inside the raid for the rest of the party to get there... I think it was a 30 man raid or something like that...

ridiculous!!

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 02:45 AM
link   
a reply to: AtomicKangaroo

Cool Story Brah.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 02:46 AM
link   

40 man in molten core if i remember right. with people dropping out and having to be replaced it would end up being around 100 people who participated in the end.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Oh yeah not a fan of that # at all.

12 hr wait, in a game, to play the game.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 02:47 AM
link   
a reply to: TheScale

Yeah I do agree WoW was definitely easier than other mmos I had played.

And then I heard it got stupidly easy as you mentioned, the whole soccer moms playing loll.

I did have fun during beta and what I played of live.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join