It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberal and Democratic control... Do you realize what these positions really want and desire?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Liberals/Democrats - Want complete control over your lives. What you do, your education, your experience, your natural talents. They are owned by the lib/dem version of the state.

If you don't meet their expectations, expect libs/dems to start killing females and undesirables like China does today.

Libs and Dems stand on the platform of inclusion and tolerance.

It's a lie.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace
Liberals/Democrats - Want complete control over your lives. What you do, your education, your experience, your natural talents. They are owned by the lib/dem version of the state.

If you don't meet their expectations, expect libs/dems to start killing females and undesirables like China does today.

It's a lie.

It's called American Progressivism.

Bunch of Republicans are in the same club.

However, they've had over 100 years to work on it now and at this point with our current population of sheeple I think they will get to the end zone.

Oddly enough, our only hope at this point is a few actual conservatives in the Republican party and a TV reality show star that dabbles in real estate that some deplorables elected to be CEO of the madhouse.

Interesting times, is it not?

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

Liberals don't want that. Progressives do. There is a difference.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

A very good point and something that is lost on a lot of people.

My father is an actual Liberal and is astounded at how far out of touch the left, or the DNC, is now.

However, is there any actual liberals in the Democratic Party now?

Seems it would be like finding a unicorn...

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Word smithing- I hate it.
Liberals that want to destroy liberty.
Progressives that stand against progress.

Patriot act, which undermines patriots...

It's almost like we pay these idiots to sit around and think up ways to ruin the world.
Oh, wait...

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: a325nt

Word smithing- I hate it.
Liberals that want to destroy liberty.
Progressives that stand against progress.

Patriot act, which undermines patriots...

It's almost like we pay these idiots to sit around and think up ways to ruin the world.
Oh, wait...

Right?

And then there is Progress and Congress....

To be honest though, ACTUAL liberals that I know (a rare breed) are for smaller government, they want the government the hell out of their business and a certain weed should be legal. They want better background checks for guns.

Now they DO have different ideas about how the government should spend our money (non-interventionism as a foreign policy as an example, which I personally agree with) and lean a little more left than I do on social safety nets.

An issue I have with the ones I know is the idea that State's rights are not a big deal to them... they think Federal rights should trump state's rights.

However, I can at least TALK to them about specific policies and how they can be done better.

Not the left/right stalemate that is current American politics.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

Yea, if you want to know who the real liberals are, look at who is being shunned by the Prog left. Dave Reuben, Sargon of Akkad etc etc

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Correct. I Actually enjoy Liberals. I May not agree on everything thing, but there are some basic commanalities and respect of concepts.

Can't say that about the Progressive movement.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I was going to respond with everything already said above me. Liberals are on your side, dude.

Liberalism was an ideal both sides used to fight over for their banner before the term was hijacked and used to advance illiberal (ironically enough) authoritarian agendas and systemic oppression.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Progressives are gaining in popularity and power seems to be the opposite of nationalism.

In our history, human history more of us has been killed in the name of organised religion and government.

Nationalism seems to burn hard then die out, the tea party did well fast then faded just as fast now its trumpism or nationalism burning hard now fading already. The rise of Brexit now sees the fall of brexit.

I don't trust them, any of them.

edit on 19-1-2019 by SingswithChickens1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 06:42 PM
link   
It's weird. I have been a life long Liberal, and I've never craved world domination.

What a failure to my side.

Lol, you guys sometimes.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton
It's weird. I have been a life long Liberal, and I've never craved world domination.

Lol, you guys sometimes.

Then perhaps you should check in on the people "representing" you and see what their goals are.

Because from the sounds of it, you got left behind as far as representation in the late 70's.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

Lol, you guys sometimes.

You aren’t getting the monthly NWO newsletter? Make sure the chip in your arm is still working. Since our worldwide octopus-like network started outsourcing these implants to China the quality has dropped dramatically.

But what are we supposed to do. Democrat gonna Democrat. World domination and all that. And space lasers.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 09:07 PM
link   
A real liberal would defend your right to own an 'assault weapon' and say the background check is unconstitutional.

Liberalism in the 21st century or what passes for it IS a LIE.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I'm a liberal which is exactly why the Democrats scare me so much.
They are the terror party.
They're terrible at everything pretty much.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 11:37 PM
link   
If you are not liberal and you see the people who want to control every aspect of life you recognize them as liberals. Yet if you state that here you get dozens of liberals saying, "...its not me, its the other liberals". Its always someone else. They think, act, vote as one. But when the criticism or blame comes it was the other guy. The next thing you here is each one redefining what liberal is so it is complimentary to their agenda, but not necessarily the other guys. 'I'm a liberal but not the kind of liberal you are thinking of. I'm the kind that is good and agrees with you." Then add in a healthy dose of, "Your side does it too" to justify it.

I don't care what you call yourself. And I don't care what name you call me. I put this nation first.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace
It's a lie.

I am a liberal democrat. And a lot of my friends are liberal democrats. I don't know of anyone who speaks like you do. Most of us are concerned about wealth inequality. Most of us believe in the words of FDR at from the 1936 Democratic convention:

"An old English judge once said: 'Necessitous men are not free men.' Liberty requires opportunity to make a living - a living decent according to the standard of the time, a living which gives man not only enough to live by, but something to live for.

For too many of us the political equality we once had won was meaningless in the face of economic inequality. A small group had concentrated into their own hands an almost complete control over other people's property, other people's money, other people's labor - other people's lives. For too many of us life was no longer free; liberty no longer real; men could no longer follow the pursuit of happiness.

Against economic tyranny such as this, the American citizen could appeal only to the organized power of government."

Most of my friends are concerned about worker's wages, making ends meet, and workers having some way of getting livable wages. It's not just how much you pay in taxes that matters. What does matter is the purchasing power of your take home pay. If you look at the real numbers, the last 50 years have been very GRIM for workers:

Purchasing Power of the Consumer Dollar

The Republicans talk about good jobs at good wages but they never do anything real about it. Just look at the above graph over the last 2 years when Republicans controlled the presidency and the Congress.

But do not think I am delusional about the Democrats. They are all bought and paid for by the billionaires. George Carlins words, "there's a reason" are more true today than when he spoke them 20 years ago:

But thank you for your service as being a shill for the Republicans. I hope you are getting paid well for it!

new topics

top topics

join