It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NTS All one in Christ Jesus

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

There are threads on those religions as well.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I agree with you on this point.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

If you gave at the leading of the Lord then leave them in the hands of the Lord and on't beat yourself over whether or not they were worthy of the gift you gave or not.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 10:00 PM
link   

I was in line at the Walmart one night around 1am and the couple in front didn't have anything left in their EBT card, it seemed during their discussion at the register, it seemed that the boyfriend used it all for himself buying candies and snacks. I looked at the stuff and it was about $40 worth of diapers, milk and other food. They were going to leave and I asked if they really needed it and of course the answer was yes. So I bought it for them and told them that Jesus Loves them. Whether or not were good or bad didn't matter I knew their child did.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: glend

I, Disraeli and others already have eternal life, we don't have to eat of the tree of life. We have the eternal life because it is given us the moment we believe. Those who need eat of it are those who are saved in the tribulation and those that are born in the Millennial Kingdom, as well as all persons born on the New Earth after the Millennial Kingdom goes into eternity.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 11:45 AM
link   
There is so much wrong with the OP that I am not even inclined to refute it or any of your errors any longer, for they are monstrous, but leave you with this, for it will be of this that you will be judged.

Deut 4:2 Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you.
Prov 30:6 Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.
Re 22:18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
Know this, the Book of Life is not the same as the Lambs Book of Life, failure to know the difference (right division) or make them the same (failure to divide), the words in the Holy Bible will judge thee, for he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.

edit on 1/22/2019 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

"We have the eternal life because it is given us the moment we believe. "

I have heard from reputable source that many Christians that also thought they would achieve eternal life were trapped in the world between worlds. So being a Christian does not automatically give you eternal life by any stretch of the imagination. Perhaps belief in Jesus requires far more than just confidence. That the belief requires action, belief in his path. Fighting the devil that is within our ego. Thus getting rid of all material riches.

If I am wrong then all the rich Christians will attain heaven.

Matthew 19:24 Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to enter the kingdom of God.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 05:55 AM
link   

The path is the way, the truth and the life.......... does what actually is, need belief?
What is present is true... what is present is the way, the truth and the life.

There maybe an idea/belief that there is someone living in time......... where is time and where is the someone that stands separate to what is appearing presently?

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: SeaWorthy

How do you also judge true belief, too?

What did Wolfgang Capito, a student of medicine, law, and theology, do when confronted with various teachings? Capito believed that “the best source with which to judge their preaching was the Bible, for only it was certain,” writes historian James M. Kittelson. Capito thus concluded that the church teachings on transubstantiation and the veneration of saints were unscriptural. Capito believed that the Bible was the source of truth. “Let the Bible and the law of Christ always rule supreme in theology,” he stated.

Three 16th-Century Truth Seekers—What Did They Find?

“WHAT is truth?” That was the question that Pontius Pilate, Roman governor of Judea in the first century, asked of Jesus, who was on trial before the governor. (John 18:38) Pilate, of course, was not really seeking the truth. If anything, his question revealed his skeptical or cynical attitude. Apparently, to Pilate truth was whatever a person might choose or was taught to believe; there was really no way to determine what is truth. Many today feel the same way.

Churchgoers in 16th-century Europe faced the dilemma of what to believe as truth. Raised to believe in the supremacy of the pope and in other teachings of the church, they were confronted with new ideas spread by the Reformation, which was sweeping through Europe at the time. What should they believe? How would they decide what is truth?

During that period, there were, among many others, three men who were determined to seek out the truth. How did they go about identifying what was true and what was false? And what did they find? ...

“LET THE BIBLE . . . ALWAYS RULE SUPREME”

At first, Capito tried to soften the zeal of Reformers who preached a message contrary to Catholic dogma. Soon, however, Capito himself began to advocate reform. What did he do? When confronted with various teachings, Capito believed that “the best source with which to judge their preaching was the Bible, for only it was certain,” writes historian James M. Kittelson. Capito thus concluded that the church teachings on transubstantiation and the veneration of saints were unscriptural. (See the box “See Whether These Things Were So.”) Abandoning his prominent post with the archbishop in 1523, Capito settled in the city of Strasbourg, a center of religious reform at the time.

The Capito home in Strasbourg became a place where religious dissenters met and no doubt discussed many religious matters and Bible teachings. Though some Reformers still promoted the Trinity doctrine, Capito’s writings, according to the book The Radical Reformation, reflect “reticence on the doctrine of the Trinity.” Why? Capito was impressed by the way that Spanish theologian Michael Servetus appealed to Bible texts to disprove the Trinity.* [See the article “Michael Servetus​—A Solitary Quest for the Truth,” ...]

Denial of the Trinity could bring fatal consequences, so Capito was cautious about declaring his feelings openly. However, his writings suggest that he had privately questioned the Trinity doctrine even before he met Servetus. A Catholic priest later wrote that Capito and his associates “proceeded to discuss in their private capacity, and without appeal,​—the profoundest mysteries of religion; [and] rejected that of the most Holy Trinity.” A century later, Capito was listed first among prominent anti-Trinitarian writers.

Capito believed that the Bible was the source of truth. “Let the Bible and the law of Christ always rule supreme in theology,” he stated. According to Dr. Kittelson, Capito “insisted that the chief failing of the scholastic theologians lay in their neglect of the Scriptures.”

This earnest desire to learn the truth from God’s Word was shared by Martin Cellarius (also known as Martin Borrhaus), a young man who stayed at the Capito home in 1526.

“KNOWLEDGE OF THE TRUE GOD”

..Cellarius was a diligent student of theology and philosophy. He accepted a teaching post in Wittenberg, Germany. Since Wittenberg was the cradle of the Reformation, Cellarius soon became acquainted with Martin Luther and others who wanted to reform church teaching. How could Cellarius distinguish mere human ideas from Scriptural truth?

According to the book Teaching the Reformation, Cellarius believed that true understanding results “from the assiduous reading of Scripture, from frequent comparison of Scripture with itself, and from prayer joined with repentance.” What did Cellarius find in his examination of the Bible?

In July 1527, Cellarius published his findings in a book entitled On the Works of God. He wrote that church sacraments, such as transubstantiation, were purely symbolic. ..

Especially noteworthy were Cellarius’ brief remarks regarding the nature of Jesus Christ. Although he did not directly contradict the Trinity, Cellarius distinguished the “Heavenly Father” from “his Son Jesus Christ” and wrote that Jesus was one of many gods and sons of the almighty God.​—John 10:34, 35.

In his book Antitrinitarian Biography (1850), Robert Wallace noted that Cellarius’ writings did not follow the Trinitarian orthodoxy common in the 16th century.* [Regarding Cellarius’ use of the word “god” when applied to Christ, the book states: “It is printed deus, and not Deus, the latter being used only to designate the Supreme God.” Several scholars thus conclude that Cellarius must have rejected the Trinity. He has been described as one of God’s instruments “in inculcating a knowledge of the true God and of Christ.”

.. theologian Johannes Campanus, considered to be one of the greatest scholars of his day. .. At the 1529 Marburg Colloquy, a meeting held to discuss these very questions, Campanus was not permitted to share what he had learned from the Scriptures. Thereafter, he was shunned by his fellow Reformers in Wittenberg.

The Reformers were especially upset by Campanus’ beliefs about the Father, the Son, and the holy spirit. In his 1532 book Restitution, Campanus taught that Jesus and his Father are two distinct persons. The Father and Son “are one,” he explained, only as a husband and wife are said to be “one flesh”​—united, yet still two persons. (John 10:30; Matthew 19:5) Campanus noted that the Scriptures use the same illustration to show that the Father has authority over the Son: “The head of a woman is the man; in turn, the head of the Christ is God.”​—1 Corinthians 11:3.

What about the holy spirit? Again, Campanus appealed to the Bible, writing: “With no Scripture may it be adduced that the Holy Spirit is the third person . . . The spirit of God is taken in an operative sense, in that He prepares and carries out all things through his spiritual power and activity.”​—Genesis 1:2.

Luther called Campanus a blasphemer and an adversary of God’s Son. Another Reformer called for Campanus’ execution. ..

“MAKE SURE OF ALL THINGS”

Diligent study of the Bible enabled Capito, Cellarius, Campanus, and others to distinguish truth from error. .., these men humbly searched the Scriptures and treasured the truth that they learned.

The apostle Paul urged his fellow Christians: “Make sure of all things; hold fast to what is fine.” (1 Thessalonians 5:21) To help you in your search for truth, ...

What Does the Bible Really Teach? (online book)
Real science, knowledge of realities compared to unverified philosophies and stories

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I'll try to find an excuse to bump my thread about the above article for some further details and alternate points I brought up in relation to it concerning the concept of 'learning from history' ('learning from past mistakes', for example). You can find it here.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 04:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Time may not exist in the timeless void but it certainly exists in this void. With death marching closer to us day by day. So whilst we born with a mind that can conceive higher level thought we should strive for a path with the least obstacles. So we can overcome death once and for all. This is my wish for everyone.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 04:53 AM
link   
That particular user plays with words, I think, as a mode of self-entertainment, so debate is never very productive.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 05:16 AM
link   

This is the timeless void...... where is time now?
Time is the space between now and death... but that is just a story happening now.
Where can you go now?
You might not believe it but you are not separate to now.... you are now.... now and forever now.
There isn't now AND you..... Now is all there is and now continually appears different.
All one now.... Now is all.
edit on 29-1-2019 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 01:46 PM
link   
This is a convenient place to park a quotation from Thomas Carlyle on the subject of "private judgement" (which is the Catholic objection to independent Protestantism).

And now I venture to assert that the exercise of private judgement, faithfully gone about, does by no means necessarily end in selfish independence, isolation: but rather ends necessarily in the opposite of that. It is not honest inquiry that makes anarchy, but it is error, insincerity, half-belief and untruth that make it. A man protesting against error is on the way to uniting himself with all men that believe in truth. There is no communion possible between men who believe only in hearsays. The heart of each is lying dead; has no power of sympathy even with things- or he would believe them and not hearsays. No sympathy even with things; how much less with his fellow-men! He cannot unite with men; he is an anarchic man. Only in a world of sincere men is unity possible;- and there, in the long run, it is as good as certain."
From "Heroes and Hero-worship".

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   
The notorious king Antiochus Epiphanes was responsible for the first “abomination of desolation”.
He established ana reply to: DISRAELI

The second abomination was forty years of animal sacrifice after Jesus split the veil and ended it all.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: PhilbertDezineck
That doesn't work, for a number of reasons.
First, the abomination predicted by Jesus in Matthew ch24 was going to be a newly-introduced thing- "when you see".
The Old Testament establishes the meaning of "abomination" as referring to the worship of other gods. It might apply to the idolatrous god himself or to his image. Continuing animal sacrifices were not doing that.
And "desolation" is about giving God's people a sense of being isolated from their God (Antiochus simultaneously established a new worship and abolished the true one). Continuing animal sacrifices did not do that, because the people who used them did not feel conscious that their contact had been cut off.
I would look for something which comes closer to the definition.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI
When you see was the abomination of animal scarifies. God gave them 40 years (time of testing] they the stiff necked people continued in their abomination until god took out the temple. God does not receive the blood of bulls and goats it was finished on the cross.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join