It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NTS All one in Christ Jesus

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Its sad nobody posts Hindu or Muslim or buddhist threads on this site. Only Christians have anything to say. What a shame.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

A "good" person may yet come round with time and attention, and if his or her behavior is otherwise not going to lead people astray, is it harmful to allow them to continue to fellowship?

Yes I think that is the key. having just been reading the letters to the "churches".

Also book of Jude
5 Though you already know all this, I want to remind you that the Lord[c] at one time delivered his people out of Egypt, but later destroyed those who did not believe. 6 And the angels who did not keep their positions of authority but abandoned their proper dwelling—these he has kept in darkness, bound with everlasting chains for judgment on the great Day. 7 In a similar way, Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion. They serve as an example of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire.

8 In the very same way, on the strength of their dreams these ungodly people pollute their own bodies, reject authority and heap abuse on celestial beings. 9 But even the archangel Michael, when he was disputing with the devil about the body of Moses, did not himself dare to condemn him for slander but said, “The Lord rebuke you!”[d] 10 Yet these people slander whatever they do not understand, and the very things they do understand by instinct—as irrational animals do—will destroy them.

I guess it's hard for me because I just don't like the company of large groups of people. It makes me uneasy and always has no matter who they are. I hope God will forgive me for that, but He made me and has to know the fear and upset I feel when surrounded by people I don't know and know somewhat well. I honestly have a hard time with an extended family grouping for long periods, so church with strangers is very hard.

I am exactly this way! I prefer quiet and peace to parties and malls and I Have always been difficult for Family to understand as they love these things. But when I see groups who have met to learn and honor their creator getting drunk, flirting with each others mates and saying unseamly things to one another and this is accepted by the "church" and even worse, without any problem at all, I am just not comfortable with that even if it were not for my discomfort of crowds and groups.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Well those things I think are problems with the church. Too many these days are wanting to go more contemporary. They go away from the Bible and more toward a Joel Osteen/Rick Warren approach which is more self-help than it is Christ-centered. They don't talk about sin and repentance; it seems to be more about feel-good and "Buddy Jesus" if you've ever seen the movie "Dogma" to know what I mean.

Judge not and all that where the idea of judge not is all "you be you and I won't say anything about what that means" ... you know, because that's mean and judgmental.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

People ask “Why do we need to take part in church life? Isn’t it possible for someone to be a Christian on their own?” Yes, it is possible, but the detached Christian makes himself vulnerable. He is vulnerable to discouragement in isolation, and he is vulnerable to “wandering from the truth”.

I would add that you don't have Christians you can help either. Many times we want to be giving but finding out you gave to wolves is depressing and your money went to some rich guy who loves this world. You want to give to good People who need help but your efforts cannot be directed and giving toe true Christians first is not possible if you don't know any.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

People ask “Why do we need to take part in church life? Isn’t it possible for someone to be a Christian on their own?” Yes, it is possible, but the detached Christian makes himself vulnerable. He is vulnerable to discouragement in isolation, and he is vulnerable to “wandering from the truth”.

I would add that you don't have Christians you can help either. Many times we want to be giving but finding out you gave to wolves is depressing and your money went to some rich guy who loves this world. You want to give to good People who need help but your efforts cannot be directed and giving toe true Christians first is not possible if you don't know any.

For me, I simply decided that the act of charity is enough. I give to local groups and donate to the local Goodwills or Salvation Army or Harvesters or the Christian homeless shelter downtown. I do my best to make sure the groups are local and smaller so the chances of mismanagement is smaller and I have a better chance of my time, money, and goods going to their intended efforts.

Whether or not they are going to other Christians? Who can say, but at least I do the best I can to be sure they're going to good use. I will sometimes buy some extra goods at a grocery store to give to a family begging on the corner if I see one, but I don't generally hand out cash.

And I always help family and friends when and where I can, no question on that.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Yes, that was how people recognised the early church- that "those people" were always helping one another.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Now, Jehovah’s Witnesses are taught to expect the visible rule of Christ on earth. How are they being trained to tell the difference between the true Christ and the false Christ? If they cannot tell the difference, is it possible that they might find themselves unwittingly accepting the false Christ instead?

They are also being taught to regard “Christendom”, the rest of the Christian world, as alien to God. So if they accept the false Christ, and he asks them to help him round up the other Christians for imprisonment, why should they refuse?

Thus they could find themselves walking into the ultimate trap of unconsciously taking the badge of the Beast and entering his service. And of course a similar wrong choice is open to any other group adopting the attitude of “the enemies of God are that lot over there”. T
hat is another reason why it is important to recognise fellow-believers as part of the “blessed company of all faithful people”.

Having Family members who are JW I can say no. They are taught that they have no part in the war that is to be between the beast and Christ. They also believe they will be following Christ in a new Earth new heaven those who make it to the end so they are not looking for a Christ to lead them before the war between those beings and they are not part of that war.

The main factor in not accepting other organizations seems to be idolatry. They do not believe in displaying carvings of christ, statues that people kiss the feet of, praying toward crosses or Mary, and having distinctive clothing for any of the leadership, all of which I agree with.I suppose if you could show for sure there never was a cross you could show the cross symbol is false and is leading people to worship idols.

The thing you discuss about the cross being a "tree" or pole or a cross is their efforts to continue to study the true past and meanings in the scripture and the translating some of which has clearly been wrong in the past. Will there be new knowledge if People are looking for it in the last days, revelations that will let us know more truth?

I have a hard time disagreeing with much of what they teach but as you say they are like an exclusive club. I know many of them personally believe there are Christians on the narrow road in all Christian groups, but they also believe that if you are in an organization that actually teaches the opposite of Christ and you don't get out, you are lost.

You cannot be a part of an organization that from the top teaches or promotes idolatry, that places their leadership on a pedestal as high as their savior or more because they will let that person speak for Jesus adding to what is not in the scriptures.

Their stance on following ancient pagan traditions with trees and mistletoe and all the rest of the yearly celebrations I also agree with. I admire the persecution the common people go through to go door to door teaching some are threatened with guns and have dogs sent after them.

Strange that I have just been reading the letters to the Churches and just finished Jude the day you did this thread!!
edit on 19-1-2019 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Well those things I think are problems with the church. Too many these days are wanting to go more contemporary. They go away from the Bible and more toward a Joel Osteen/Rick Warren approach which is more self-help than it is Christ-centered. They don't talk about sin and repentance; it seems to be more about feel-good and "Buddy Jesus" if you've ever seen the movie "Dogma" to know what I mean.

Judge not and all that where the idea of judge not is all "you be you and I won't say anything about what that means" ... you know, because that's mean and judgmental.

Reminds me of this

Men will surender to the spirit of the age. They will say that if they had lived in our day, Faith would be simple and easy. But in their day, they will say, things are complex; the Church must be brought up to date and made meaningful to the day's problems. When the Church and the world are one, then those days are at hand because our Divine Master placed a barrier between His things and the things of the world... ...St. Louis De Montfort (18th century):

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I know many believe that in the end times there will be a one world religion at Satan's will.

One View:

Deceptive Tolerance All of this is being done in the name of “tolerance.” But it is a perverted tolerance. It is a subtle ploy of Satan to corrupt the Church from within. The deception sounds so appealing: “Why draw lines of fellowship over doctrinal differences? The only thing that’s important is sincerity. Reach out and embrace all those who profess to believe in God, regardless of who their god may be. Ignore doctrinal differences. Do it in the name of Christian love. Do it for the sake of religious unity.”

This type of thinking has led Earl Paulk of Atlanta to call for the Evangelical Christian world to embrace even the Mormons! It has motivated mainline liberal spokesmen to advocate that Christians show tolerance toward Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, and other pagan faiths by restraining ourselves from sharing the Gospel with them.

Consider, for example, the following words of Episcopal Bishop John Spong of New Jersey:11 In the fall of 1988, I worshipped God in a Buddhist temple. As the smell of incense filled the air, I knelt before three images of Buddha, feeling that the smoke could carry my prayers heavenward. It was for me a holy moment for I was certain that I was kneeling on holy ground… I will not make any further attempt to convert the Buddhist, the Jew, the Hindu or the Moslem. I am content to learn from them and to walk with them side by side toward the God who lives, I believe, beyond the images that bind and blind us.

Again, it all sounds so wonderful, so soothing, so tolerant! Tragically, it makes a liar of the very person they profess as Lord, for Jesus said, “I am the way, the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but through Me” (John 14:6). Those are not tolerant words.

christinprophecy.org...
edit on 19-1-2019 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   
All the same, they are very strong in the attitude which I have characterised as "the enemies of God are that lot over there", and their rejection of others extends to the rest of the Christian world in general, labelled as "Christendom". I think this is a dangerous position.

I still don't see what in their teaching would enable them to discern between a true Christ and a false Christ. My understanding is that they identify the Beast with existing world governments, so if someone claiming the name of Christ takes charge of the world, they are bound to assume that the Beast has already been defeated. In my analysis, that sets them up for accepting as Christ anyone who comes along claiming that name. If they are wrong about the Beast not being an individual, then they have nothing to protect them from the persuasions of such an individual.
[The key is that Revelation ch13 has TWO "beasts". "The beast from the sea" does represent "government", certainly, but "the beast from the land" is clearly an individual speaking in the name of the first beast.]

edit on 19-1-2019 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   

www.jw.org...

Well I am not one of them for a reason so can't argue it but their believe in knowing by the fruits may keep them safe as i wish for all Christians. The ones in China need our prayers now too.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Yes, that is just about what I expected- focussing on the first "beast" and ignoring the second.
I don't wish them any harm, as individuals, but I think their separation is self-induced.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 02:57 PM
link   

I think there will be, but I think there will also be a figure at the head of it who will deceive.

How did I hear it put? Something along the lines of love being all, but especially love that figure, and so long as you do, anything is permissible. Think about that and then think about where things seem to be trending, especially in some of these more contemporary churches.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
Yes, that is just about what I expected- focussing on the first "beast" and ignoring the second.
I don't wish them any harm, as individuals, but I think their separation is self-induced.

Yes clearly it is self induced they believe they were ordered to keep seperate from the world as Jesus kingdom is no part of this world.Their organization has grown to own land, buildings and printing plants and a lot of things that are pretty worldly too. II don't know if they store money or what they do but I think how Christian organizations use money would be very telling of who is following the correct path.

I am always having the problem:

Matthew 7:3-5, “Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when there is the log in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.”

I have hope always because Jesus has enough love to forgive someone who loved him denying him 3 times when he could have died with him and stood strong. We are all clearly weak and sinners, I wish I were a better person and try but I am always finding myself judgemental among other failings.

All of the Christian organizations out there are full of People and most of those probably believe in Jesus and his return. The individuals will be judged not organizations so I need to focus on that. Each person comes from such individual experience that leads them to who they are and we have not walked in their shoes so I need to keep that in mind.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy
The individuals will be judged not organizations

I agree there absolutely.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 10:25 PM
link   

"the beast from the land is clearly an individual speaking in the name of the first beast"

Why do you presume that the beast is a individual? Isn't it possible that revelation describes the nature of our being. That the beasts within us (ego and other animalistic urges) have to be conquered before we can eat from the tree. Revelation 13:18, 666 in Kabbalah represents the son of man = Adam.

Nice Thread.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 03:40 AM
link   
a reply to: glend
To cut a long story short (because this goes back to older threads), there are two beasts in Revelation ch13, and taking the second one as an individual is the best way of understanding the relationship between them.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm
All is one....
If you meet Buddha on the road kill him.
If you meet Jesus/Christ on the road kill him.

Concepts divide.

edit on 20-1-2019 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Those who have, will be given more.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: japhrimu

According to the scriptures, once one believes upon the finished work of Christ for their salvation, they have God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Ghost living in them. So when a Christian is by himself praying or studying their Bible, there are four persons present. You, the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost.

I like to rightly divide the word of Truth as we are commanded in 2Tim 2:15. And in doing so, I have three groups of people to which the Scriptures apply at certain times (I am not saying they are not applicable to each one at different times). So when Christ says this to his disciples, it is pre-cross and applicable to the people he is ministering too, Israel. An example is the previous verse that is in Mt 18:19 has people agreeing in that they ask for then the father will answer. But in the church age we learn that God answers the prayer of individuals if it is his will, no need to have two to agree to it. The same goes to when people are or are not gathered in Christ's name.

Now I am not saying that the words of Christ are not true, but they are not all applicable to people at certain times. It is simple that Christ is in our presence when it is just one or more than one. There is a not so simple understanding that can only be revealed to those who seek to know God's word in a deeper way.

edit on 1/20/2019 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/20/2019 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join