It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2019 Brexit Elections...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Vote with your stomach!

Can ats start a once and for all thread with a 3 way poll...

Pro Brexit...
Con Brexit...
American forever...

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

American forever !

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Con Brexit I'm afraid.

As unpalatable as the EU and Brussels may be sometimes, i can't see the point in swapping one set of tyrants for our own homegrown Tory bastard variety once again.

Plus all this austerity bullcrap is bad enough, Brexit will only make it far worse.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Don't you ever think about the future ?

Do you like paying VAT as well

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace
Vote with your stomach!

Can ats start a once and for all thread with a 3 way poll...

Pro Brexit...
Con Brexit...
American forever...

Yeah let’s make brexit about Merica!!

“Con-brexit” for the record.
edit on 16-1-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: DoctorBluechip

I want the same or more for my kids mate not less for the foreseeable future.

Tell me this do you imagine big business think about there future? Because quite a few will be away if Brexit does happen.

And even more if its of the hard variety.

As to VAT, The UK will continue to have a VAT system if she leaves the EU. LoL

And chances are it will be more than 20%.

edit on 16-1-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I'm so bored with Fuxit I don't care what happens.
From
An Englishman

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

As unpalatable as the EU and Brussels may be sometimes, i can't see the point in swapping one set of tyrants for our own homegrown Tory bastard variety once again.

The EU would only gather further unchecked power and become even more corrupt without Brexit . There's no swap one set for another ?... We get to drop a whole upper level of unnecessary controllers which no one could stop without Brexit . You've got both sets right now ... this should be a no brainer

These your arguments are fundamentally flawed , but you can always change your mind

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: FinallyAwake

Think that's his line.

That's not you is it Philip?

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 04:51 PM
link   

The English opine on America's political threads, so...
Pro Brexit!
I reckon Americans can opine in this UK political topic, too.

I hope enough of y'all discover your brains and your balls and leave the EU. I also hope the UK leaving the EU throws the EU into total disarray and the union collapses as member states realize all it really is is the manifestation of Hitler's dream vision of a German dominated Europe only with less focus on ethnic cleansing (for now, at least...)
edit on 16-1-2019 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: DoctorBluechip

At least i understand how the VAT system works, has worked, and will continue to do so.

Our arguments have flaws, i will give you that, but if thats the case then so do nonsensical walls nevermind unimplementable Brexit plans, that's a given.

What's flawed is austerity and Westminster in general, none of which Brexit will miraculously fix, so i think i will stick to my guns as to my opinion.
edit on 16-1-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Pro-Brexit entailed supposed benefits beyond a new passport colour and a 3rd PM in a row from the Death Squad Party.

Cancel this crap, ASAP.

The only reason some people don’t want a 2nd vote is because they know full well that so many of us that voted Leave have changed our minds about leaving.

The will of the people 😆
The will of millions of the people that voted leave didn’t involve none of this garbage.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I don’t think think anyone minds Americans passing a opinion on brexit

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Certainly hope so, after all "we are all Jock Tamson's bairns" and exist within a global community whether or not we care to recognize the fact or otherwise.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I don't follow your everyday politics, so I tend to avoid posting in topics like this. That said, Brexit is one UK political issue which does get a good deal of coverage here in the US.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

I don't follow your everyday politics, so I tend to avoid posting in topics like this. That said, Brexit is one UK political issue which does get a good deal of coverage here in the US.

What’s the coverage like, I also closely follow American politics but I don’t tend to read the brexit articles they write because I think I get better stuff in the British press. Honestly it’s probably something I should change now that I think of it
edit on 16-1-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 04:58 PM
link   

John Oliver covered the topic rather aptly and he's one of you lot now.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Make UK 🇬🇧 great again

America left without a deal and we are doing ok....follow our lead....

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

What’s the coverage like, I also closely follow American politics but I don’t tend to read the brexit articles they write because I think I get better stuff in the British press. Honestly it’s probably something I should change now that I think of it

Extremely confusing at times, but in my case that's likely due to how very different the parliamentary government model is compared to the US system. We don't do referendums in this country, so the idea of binding versus nonbinding referendums voted on by the people is foreign. I'd say it is a somewhat less polarized topic in the American media when compared to local political issues, but its by no means immune to partisan bias here. Most conservative and libertarian news outlets celebrated the idea of a sovereign UK. A lot of liberal outlets bemoaned the idea and have been cheering any indication that Brexit may not happen.

If a poll was taken (an honest one) and only included Americans with some manner of actual knowledge about Brexit, the pros and cons would likely line up fairly consistently with who they voted for in the 2016 POTUS race, with Trump voters cheering Brexit and Clinton voters cheering the UK remaining in the EU. Personally, I look at the EU with a great deal of trepidation. It honestly looks to me like Germany finally managed to take control of Europe in a manner which didn't require armed invasion of their neighbors, but the end result has been roughly the same: a Europe in which nothing happens without Germany's approval.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

You're like a record repeating. At least you can vote the Tory bastards out of office, and they are frequently out of government.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join