It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Press Still Believes Trump "Called on Russia" to "Hack Into the Emails" of Clinton.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 05:02 PM
link   
In a recent story by the New York Times, the paper of record admitted:

Mr. Trump had caught the attention of F.B.I. counterintelligence agents when he called on Russia during a campaign news conference in July 2016 to hack into the emails of his opponent, Hillary Clinton.

www.nytimes.com...

Personally, I've never believed Trump "called on Russia" to "hack into the emails of his opponent", and was in fact cracking a joke and sarcastically making light of the media's fevered Russiaphobia.

But the way the press framed the non-event was chilling. They actually believed he was calling on Russia to hack his opponent's emails during a public speech at a rally. In fact, he "urged" or "invited" them to do so, as if Russia was waiting on his signal. Despite Trump's claims to the contrary, and despite the lack of evidence for their claim, they never deviated from this assertion even to this day.

According to the NYT, the FBI counterintelligence agents (many of them readers of the New York Times themselves, as text messages reveal), did in fact believe it also. It makes me wonder if the FBI watched the actual rally and observed the evidence, or if, like Peter Strzok, they were led by the sensationalism of the NYT and went from there.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Propagandalf

Russia was listening to him and did what he asked, crazy to think this is a non issue.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Trump asked Russians to get Clinton emails. They immediately started trying.
Source

he Conspirators spearfished individuals affiliated with the Clinton Campaign throughout the summer of 2016. For example, on or about July 27, 2016, the Conspirators attempted after hours to spearfish for the first time email accounts at a domain hosted by a third-party provider and used by Clinton's personal office. At or around the same time, they also targeted seventy-six email addresses at the domain for the Clinton Campaign.

On July 27, 2016, Trump gave a news conference in Florida. At that news conference, he asked Russia to find Clinton emails.

Wow, what a strange coincidence, don't you think?

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: FilthyUSMonkey

Not really. From your source.

The Conspirators spearfished individuals affiliated with the Clinton Campaign throughout the summer of 2016.

+12 more 
posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Personally, I've never believed Trump "called on Russia" to "hack into the emails of his opponent", and was in fact cracking a joke and sarcastically making light of the media's fevered Russiaphobia.

I was watching the night he said it. Anybody with a brain cell could tell it was a joke about Hillary's conveniently missing emails.

The media snatched that snippet out of the whole and made something out of it that just wasn't there. Then, in their reporting, they played it as if it were the only thing he said and they hyped it to mean something it wasn't. They made their headline out of the words and left the context out.

FAKE NEWS is truly the enemy.

I truly believe the NYT is going to go down. Their skewed and biased reporting has gone over the tipping point.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Doesn't look or sound like a joke to me:

edit on 14-1-2019 by SingswithChickens1 because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 05:12 PM
link   
The press doesnt believe that , only the idiots that believe the press believe that.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: SingswithChickens1

Unfortunately, your link doesn't sound like anything at all....lol.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Most the time when someone jokes about things they chuckle. That he did not do. And I have heard him makes sarcastic jokes before and then he did chuckle.
So I don't believe he was lying but I do know he didn't use the word "hack".

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: SingswithChickens1

Russia was listening to him and did what he asked, crazy to think this is a non issue.

You have zero evidence for that. The indictment explicitly states "The Conspirators spearphished individuals affiliated with the Clinton Campaign throughout the summer of 2016. " Did he "call on them to hack Clinton" throughout the summer?

No.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 05:18 PM
link   

We are seeing the left get more desperate as these things blow up in their faces.

CBS reported that the Mueller report will not contain anything the left is hoping for. The IG report is also due out in a few weeks and that deals with the FISA / FBI/DOJ abuses.

Sounds like the left is trying to change the narrative to get out in front of the IG report.

Also I am not sure people saw this but apparently a FOIA request was made to get and unredact documents from Weissmans prosecutorial misconduct history. Apparently the records are either missing or the original documents, needed for unredacting, are also missing.
edit on 14-1-2019 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

We are seeing the left get more desperate as this things blows up in their faces.

CBS reported that the Mueller report will not contain anything the left is hoping for. The IG report is also due out in a few weeks and that deals with the FISA / FBI/DOJ abuses.

Sounds like the left is trying to change the narrative to get out in front of the IG report.

Also I am not sure people saw this but apparently a FOIA request was made to get and unredact documents from Weissmans prosecutorial misconduct history. Apparently the records are either missing or the original documents, needed for unredacting, are also missing.

It's been a gong show from the start, and I would argue it is a cover up of a much bigger scandal.

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: SingswithChickens1

Because you're an idiot.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Not really. From your source.

On July 27, 2016, Trump gave a news conference in Florida. At that news conference, he asked Russia to find Clinton emails.

July 27, 2016, the Conspirators attempted after hours to spearfish for the first time

See above where it says"for the first time?"

Now you aren't going to make me go out and...OK, I'll do it anyway:

Trump asked on July 27, 2016 in a televised speech"

"Russia, if you're listening," and then ask them to get Clinton emails.

Once again:

"Russia, if you're listening," and then ask them to get Clinton emails.

that same day, according to this indictment, that "the Conspirators attempted after hours to spearfish for the first time email accounts at a domain hosted by a third-party provider and used by Clinton's personal office." He asked for it and, "for the first time," they started spearfishing email accounts used by Clinton's office. The news conference happened around 10:30 a.m. ET, which is around 5:30 p.m. in Moscow. "After hours."

Is it all a huge coincidence that the Russian agents picked that day to target Clinton email servers, as the US government alleges? It sure could be. Is it possible the Russians took this one cue directly from Trump's mouth? Sure seems like it.
Ok. Done. Now what'cha got?
edit on 14-1-2019 by FilthyUSMonkey because: (no reason given)

ETA:
Oh just for background:

29-page indictment filed by the US Department of Justice against 12 Russian intelligence operatives for meddling in the 2016 election

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Because you're an idiot.

Making ATS great again with that post?

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 05:30 PM
link   

You're talking by one example of one single domain. Nonetheless, The Conspirators spearphished individuals affiliated with the Clinton Campaign throughout the summer of 2016.

ANTONOV, BADIN, YERMAKOV, LUKASHEV, and their co-conspirators targeted
victims using a technique known as spearphishing to steal victims’ passwords or otherwise gain
access to their computers. Beginning by at least March 2016, the Conspirators targeted over 300
individuals affiliated with the Clinton Campaign, DCCC, and DNC.

Indictment
edit on 14-1-2019 by Propagandalf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Propagandalf

You're talking by one example of one single domain. Nonetheless, The Conspirators spearphished individuals affiliated with the Clinton Campaign throughout the summer of 2016.

victims using a technique known as spearphishing to steal victims’ passwords or otherwise gain
access to their computers. Beginning by at least March 2016, the Conspirators targeted over 300

Indictment

Got a source on when it started? Really, I am interested.
ETA: here, I'll throw you a bone..
Source

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Because you're an idiot.

Making ATS great again with that post?

Just the facts ma'am.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: FilthyUSMonkey

originally posted by: Propagandalf

Indictment

Got a source on when it started? Really, I am interested.

There is a link to the indictment right in the post. If you want to focus on the ones that occurred "on or about" July 27th, go read the NYT or CNN.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Keepin it classy huh?

I guess it's become real convenient for the Trump team that he lies so much and can't formulate thoughts that you can just cherrypick what you want out of what he says. Additionally it's pretty sad that you all have to continuously re-interpret what he's saying since he isn't ever saying what he means.

ps - Stop lying to yourself, he meant it, he wasn't joking. Only the blind followers will make excuses left and right for Trump ongoing communication mess.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join