It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can stupid sink lower....But these same people want a voice! Bird Boxing!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Nothing to do with cute little birdie wordies, actually about foolish idiots who apparently have been educated...

Now we can blame TV and movies for plenty and do our best to make it stick but in general its the general public who suffer from mental health issues that create their own 'fun' that's as dumb as a box of frogs (sorry frogs, I personally put you many notches above this lot).

Well here's the link to the story but I'll give it some background 1st.

Netflix made a recent film with Sandra Bullock called Bird Box, part of the idea is that if people can see then their minds can be forced to make them kill themselves so for part of the film Sandra wears a blindfold so stop her seeing yet tries to get about wearing it. Sounds ok (ish) but some people on social media have decided to try and copy the films idea of attempting to do stuff (especially) driving), blindfolded...

Yep, utter morons....

Here's a link to a more well written synopsis from the BC and with the results so far of the craze..

www.bbc.co.uk...

Now personally I won't miss people who decide to try this out as its clear there's little or no working parts in the the top floor apartment BUT its the bloody innocents that morons like this will kill I do feel for but you know what makes me livid, its that the same sort of people want a political / powerful force in the running of countries (no matter how pointless that actually is). Some donut like this would sit on social media or in a crowd ranting on about how they know how people are discriminated. affected, treated or put upon by society, all this while driving head first in to oncoming traffic as a 'dare'.

Sure we are talking low numbers but HELL, how did anyone either think about it or worse still know others would think its a 'great game'..

If these people want to drive down a ski slope in to a solid brick wall while blindfolded then I'm up for that, might even watch that for a dollar (wee joke) but sadly they want to play chicken with real lives that do care if they live..

Then these same types want to say their word matters...I don't care if they have the IQ of Einstein, the basic survival gene is f*cked in them, I would have more thought for Parkour people who train hard to do mad stuff but jumping in a car with a blindfold on and heading out in to the traffic???

If these people have no care for themselves then what care do you think they have for others if in power...Zero...

We have enough cold heart killers in government without adding the wannabe learners for a laugh..

Rant OFF.....

Just waiting for the silly, but its their choice and human right to do what they want...Really??.......Then join the blindfold queue around the corner by the ski slope and show your support!

edit on 12-1-2019 by Mclaneinc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   
2019 already looks promising. Gonna be a "good" year for the awards.

Shame about the innocent victims though!

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Well, I guess I better watch 'Bird Box' before it inevitably gets pulled from Netflix. Hopefully no other legislative overreach results from this incident. That is what always worries me when crap like this happens, a stupid person does something stupid and then the control freaks in government pounce on it to pass some authoritarian legislation. Something insane like anyone who appears to under the age of 30 is now banned from operating a motor vehicle or government controls on buying materials that could used as blind folds.

Sounds absurd, right? But really we are already at that place as governments the world over become increasingly authoritarian and society at large continues to embrace outrage culture. Not a good mix. Whenever legislation is passed because of one extreme, anomalous incident it is almost always bad for us. The Patriot Act comes to mind...

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Relax This is just mother nature way of solving over population

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Darwinianism at work. Less favourable genes leaving the pool.

a reply to: Mclaneinc

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I wonder if peeps my age jumped off cliffs cuz Wyle E. Coyote did it? Hmmmm.

Anyway, the parents must be so proud.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

Darwinism is a painfully slow process that seems to be reversing itself.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   

The word challenge makes it alright to drop common sense

drove into oncoming traffic in the city of Layton while taking part in the so-called "Bird Box Challenge".

he never thought he would have to give....hahahaha....

police Lt Travis Lyman, quoted by KSL.com. He said it was a warning he never thought he would have to give - don't drive while blindfolded.

A symptom of a lost generation urged on for tweets and likes to give meaning to their lives. A symptom of "your life has relevance if upvoted in the cloud" never mind the real world carnage you create around you,

Some people have lost all sense of "normal"

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

Anyway, the parents must be so proud.

The parents were absent, but throwing money at the kids growing up - being busy with their toys or extra marital infidelities.

When bad happens they blame the education system or TV or a third party - further reinforcing in the "childs" mind they they can do no wrong

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Gee, do you know these peeps personally or are we projecting our own experience onto the OP?

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 12:48 PM
link   
When I saw the video of the absolute MORON couple, running blindfolded through a doorway, running their toddler into the wall, I was stunned.

A new level of stupid right there. Should be charged with child abuse.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Amateurs!
edit on 12-1-2019 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Nope this is it in action it’s survival of the fittest. These are not actions that lead to survival.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Well you can run cover for any parent that fails in being a guide to their offspring doing stupid.

Doesn't change the fact that there is something missing or a sense of entitlement when they do snip like this thinking its normal human behaviour.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

LMAO!

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 02:46 PM
link   

top topics

join