It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

people who stink

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Why... in today's world do people still stink?

They live in first world countries with access to water and perfumes but even if a person decides not to wear perfune, they can at least wash themselves with soap! Three times recently, I've had the unfortune to be in the presence of someone who smells and one of those times was in the street with someone walking 5 mins ahead of me and they weren't homeless.... at least i don't think so. Another time in Icelands a woman in the queue in front of me stank of B.O so i had to move to the next aisle.. today it was a doctors turn to smell.... you would think a Doctor or Nurse would be clean and fresh smelling or at least the room she operates in but nope..... that smell lingers up your nostrils!

And ... no, I'm not being 'prejudice' when I say this.... they were Middle Eastern/Indian Women... from those areas

edit on CSTFri, 11 Jan 2019 10:28:17 -06000000003110x017x0 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Sometimes it doesn't mean they aren't clean, it is more about what they are eating. Strong foods with certain spices can come through people's skin.

I do not wear deodorant or perfumes, yet many many people, including strangers have come up and tell me I smell great and ask what am I wearing.

I think it all has to do with body chemistry and pheromones, and the amount a person sweats. It might also signal that you are not biologically compatible with those people.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 11:00 AM
link   

If they were possibly muslim, well many Muslims don't wear perfume or deodrant as they may contain alcohol
edit on 11-1-2019 by PhyllidaDavenport because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Sometimes it doesn't mean they aren't clean, it is more about what they are eating. Strong foods with certain spices can come through people's skin.

I do not wear deodorant or perfumes, yet many many people, including strangers have come up and tell me I smell great and ask what am I wearing.

I think it all has to do with body chemistry and pheromones, and the amount a person sweats. It might also signal that you are not biologically compatible with those people.

No... it's NOT food!

I know what B.O smells like and it isn't pleasant
edit on CSTFri, 11 Jan 2019 11:25:04 -06000000003111x004x0 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport

If they were possibly muslim, well many Muslims don't wear perfume or deodrant as they may contain alcohol

Well, someone needs to tell them that they should or at least wash with soap!

People are so childish.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Sometimes I must smell like a fruit salad in a garden. Between body deodorant, body cream, shampoo...LOL

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Be grateful they didnt park your car....

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Here is one occasional explanation;
pmj.bmj.com...
Trimethylaminuria. "Fish odour syndrome". Don't be too quick to judge.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Different cultures have different standards on bathing and cleanliness when it comes to showering and actually a daily shower isn't as necessary as most think.

I can't stand to not wash my hair to at least a minimal degree, but in the winter especially, I will skip some elements of a shower several times during the week to avoid drying the skin behind my knees. If I don't, I'll scratch myself bloody as it dries out from the constant hot water and soap exposure. I'm not joking on that.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Humans will always stink. We are animals.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Because like with animals and their odor an what lives on their skin and hair, people have no control over the bacteria that live on their skin in the Sweet Spots of heat & humidity (arm pits, groin, etc) Those buggers feed off the sweat released, which in turn creates more odor from the bacteria's own waste.

You can change your diet and dial down the offending food-related scents, but you really cant permanently change the bacteria, nor their counts, to dial down that odor. I'm one of those reeky people, bud. You can only bathe so often during the day, and drown yourself in so much chemical crap before you strive to understand the chemistry going on & why excessive bathing and marinating just doesn't work. It's a band-aid with a few hours' shelf life, at best. Then bodily chemistry & bacterial residents take over after chemical scents wear off.

The idea of pre and pro-biotic bathing products is gaining a foothold, though, so give it time for people to flesh this out. It's pretty new. It's not so much a matter of trying to wipe out the bacteria wholesale for odor control so much as it is about trying to find a skin bacteria balance that controls itself like one does with their digestive ones.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 01:31 PM
link   
People excrete hormones to repel pests and attract mates. Yes, those hormones do have a smell, most are oil based like estrogen and testosterone. I hate the smell of all of the antipersperants and perfumes I have smelled through my life, I would rather smell a person. I do believe that people should bathe and use some soap, but people should watch what soaps they use. Stripping of the skin of oils increases our risk from sun exposure.

They should outlaw perfumes, they bother many people, so do aftershaves and antiperspirants. They have been starting to ban these things in schools now since they can cause some students to do worse on their schooling, these things can effect some people intellectually and metabolically when they smell them. Why does a kid that has a sensitivity to these things have to suffer with worse grades and harder learning. Soaps also have ketone bases or are perfumy and they negatively effect people when a person gets warm and evaporates the fragrance. Smelly essential oils can also negatively effect many people.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Some people with migraine are actually triggered by scents and perfumes can do it. I'm not one of those people, but being very photosensitive to the degree where a simple fluorescent light just starting to go bad will trigger me, I can sympathize. Imagine getting a migraine from a scent so subtle you're barely aware of it. I do the same with a light that's just barely got a perceptible flicker.

I once sat under a bad tube for several days getting a migraine every day until I finally noticed what it was.

I knew a person with scent triggers who did something similar when a coworker switched aftershaves. She barely noticed it at all until she went through a string of migraines and that was the only thing that had changed.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Some people with migraine are actually triggered by scents and perfumes can do it. I'm not one of those people, but being very photosensitive to the degree where a simple fluorescent light just starting to go bad will trigger me, I can sympathize. Imagine getting a migraine from a scent so subtle you're barely aware of it. I do the same with a light that's just barely got a perceptible flicker.

I once sat under a bad tube for several days getting a migraine every day until I finally noticed what it was.

I knew a person with scent triggers who did something similar when a coworker switched aftershaves. She barely noticed it at all until she went through a string of migraines and that was the only thing that had changed.

I am sensitive to some of the perfumes and fragrances. So are my kids and grandkids. If you are intolerant, usually the smell is very strong and it bothers you more the longer you are in it. They have known about this for many decades but it seems that the people who can tolerate the smells run our society because the smell of their perfumes actually suppress many who challenge them, causing people to sense they are too powerful to challenge. The numbers I read showed that over half of the people in the world are negatively effected by the smells metabolically, while thirty percent are slightly dumbed down leaving fifteen percent or so that can excel in society and take over the world. Most people are unaware that these smells actually are dampening their intellect or causing many seemingly unrelated issues in their health and immune function. Many fragrances are derived from microbes, the basis of the carrier of the perfume can actually trigger an immune response in some. Even the different smells of the flowers can effect some who have allergies.

Using fragrances to control people is actually almost an ad hominum tactic, I found out this when studying the types of tactics that people use to control others in societies.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 02:39 PM
link   
We've got a couple that come regularly into the store to shop. They do not bathe. There is no mistaking that fact. Both of them have visible layers of dirt on their hand, faces and necks, unbrushed black teeth, never combed hair and they wear the same unwashed clothing day after day that's caked in dirt.

That episode of Seinfeld about the sentient B.O.? This is that. The smell precedes them and lingers long after they're gone. I have to move away, far far away from them whenever they come in because it's just nauseating. B.O. plus the smell of wood smoke because they have only a fire pit for cooking and stuff.

(They're not homeless technically, but they basically live in a one room shack out in the boonies with no running water or electricity.)

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Old people smell of wee..., Especially if you are behind them in a cue

Babies they smell

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Using fragrances to control people is actually almost an ad hominum tactic, I found out this when studying the types of tactics that people use to control others in societies.

I totally believe this. I am a super smeller, I have a truly above average sense of smell. I think of it more as a curse.
After I gave birth, it was magnified 100 times. It was almost shocking. I could smell the chemicals in shampoos and foods.
The only shampoo that was acceptable was burt's bees brand. Head and shoulders was the absolute worst! I watched a documentary on how they put pheromones on womens clothing and those women would pick those garments over identical ones without the pheromones! There are tons of that kind of stuff happening in stores!

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
Here is one occasional explanation;
pmj.bmj.com...
Trimethylaminuria. "Fish odour syndrome". Don't be too quick to judge.

It's not a fishy smell either

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Different cultures have different standards on bathing and cleanliness when it comes to showering and actually a daily shower isn't as necessary as most think.

I can't stand to not wash my hair to at least a minimal degree, but in the winter especially, I will skip some elements of a shower several times during the week to avoid drying the skin behind my knees. If I don't, I'll scratch myself bloody as it dries out from the constant hot water and soap exposure. I'm not joking on that.

Lets not make excuses... there are ways to smell nice and pleasant! If someone is allergic to something, buy a deodorant that doesn;'t have that ingredient in it.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

These women only need to buy some deodorant and soap... without alcohol if they must... the woman I saw today is a doctor ffs. People need to enter that room to be seen, she should keep it smelling fresh if she can't be bothered to smell fresh.
edit on CSTFri, 11 Jan 2019 16:50:18 -06000000003104x018x0 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join