It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the Breatharian phenomenon: a case of fish refusing to follow the frog on to the land.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Unfortunately I have to agree. In all my years I have never managed to settle this one in my mind. Is she for real? Is she a fraud? This in spite of the fact that I actually used her 21-day method (regardless of my failure). There is something in her that doesn't feel right. A slight arrogance that can, if one is persistent, be triggered. Which she makes an obvious effort to suppress and conceal. For all I know she could be genuine, or not, it doesn't even matter. She certainly wasn't the first breatharian, not even in the modern recurrence sense. One of many. There are many fakers. There are charlatans. There are delusional people. And, of course, there are genuine people. They're the ones we are to seek out, if we are looking for inspiration. Most of them, however, do not go public. The few dozens that you can find at the Pranic World Festival are the exception. And very few indeed are the ones that will undergo testing. The honorable few:

Prahlad Jani: www.youtube.com...

Michael Werner: www.youtube.com...

Ray Maor: www.youtube.com...

Ram Bahadur Bomjon: www.youtube.com...

I would be curious to hear other people's take on these four individuals who have not only come out but put their reputation on the line with nothing to gain by undergoing tests and observations.

posted on May, 13 2021 @ 03:38 PM
link   
It is with disgust that I have to look out on a world where censorship runs rampant. In my opening post here I quoted from wikipedia, regarding Barbieri's 382-day fast:

"A case study written up by two researchers at the University of Dundee was published in the Postgraduate Medical Journal. The case study found that, despite having an average blood sugar concentration of 30 mg/dL (1.7 mmol/L) during the fast (compared to an average person's level of 80-140 mg/dL), Barbieri was able to go about his daily business and suffered no ill effects."

Following my post here on ATS this essential section was REMOVED from the wikipedia page.

Thanks to WayBackMachine you can still bring up the old version of this page as it appeared 2 years ago:

web.archive.org...://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angus_Barbieri's_fast

You can also download the original study published on the National Center for Biotechnology Information website:

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Clear evidence that you can go a whole year without eating and your blood sugar levels WON'T MAKE A DIFFERENCE!

Breatharianism is a SERIOUS THREAT to the control system. How do you control a population that lives in their own homes running on solar with no bills and no money needed for food, with no jobs and no workplace threats, no dependence, no TV and no brainwashing, just a self-sufficient life? You can't. Hence censorship.

When they start censoring scientific references, you know you have found truth.
edit on 13-5-2021 by Rolci because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2021 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Rolci

Clear evidence that you can go a whole year without eating and your blood sugar levels WON'T MAKE A DIFFERENCE!

Actually, his blood sugar levels declined for 5 months, they started at 50 mg/100ml then leveled off at about 30.

But you might want to bulk up first.

During the 382 days of the fast, the patient's weight decreased from 456 to 180 lbs.

Your source

edit on 5/14/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2  3   >>

join