It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the Breatharian phenomenon: a case of fish refusing to follow the frog on to the land.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

i was hoping that " they " might find a more successful advocate

but regards Jasmuheen - the funnies quote i read was something like :

its more amazing - how her husband eats so much and maintains a healthy weight

[ after a cursory review of how much food the bought // week ]

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

thanks for the link; its an interesting article. I wonder what the OP thinks about it now?

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Yes they have:

www.independent.co.uk...

This is "Jasmuheen" who did just that. The results, were disappointing. Fraudster, and married to one, too - apparently.

She is eating chocolate biscuits.

3 Ms Greve, a former Brisbane businesswoman who prefers to be known as Jasmuheen, maintains that she has eaten nothing for five years except for the occasional chocolate biscuit. She says that she is nourished by "Pranic energy" in the atmosphere, and she has made a fortune from lectures and books that expound the wonders of "living on light".

edit on 01CST10America/Chicago046101031 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

When she did the controlled test (no choccy biccys allowed!) she lasted 4 days, apparently.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   

When she did the controlled test (no choccy biccys allowed!) she lasted 4 days, apparently.

4 days without choccy biccys is quite a great feat

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Perhaps she is actually a Choccybiccyarian?

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Perhaps she is actually a Choccybiccyarian?

Your comment makes me wonder if a person can survive on just liquid, sunlight and one chosen type of food. I guess some people in the world had only rice and water to eat, so I answered my own question.
edit on 01CST10America/Chicago057101031 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Lifelong vegitarian here!

Pranayama is interesting and there have been some to have claimed to live on the energy of air alone.

I think eventually with science we can understand this process and bring about these effects with our technology.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 04:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord
Lifelong vegitarian here!

Pranayama is interesting and there have been some to have claimed to live on the energy of air alone.

I think eventually with science we can understand this process and bring about these effects with our technology.

Pranayama is certainly interesting, I only started taking it seriously after I had done my research into the Wim Hof method and his breathing technique.

I think science does already understand a great deal of the underlying processes behind this, as I outlined in my OP, and many have indeed undergone rigorous testing, like Prahlad Jani, Michael Werner, Ray Maor, who also appeared on television during his 8-day "custody" (with cameras all around) while he consumed neither food nor any drink.

www.youtube.com...

Jamusheen also had a test, but like I have already pointed out she was locked in a room in a city with no fresh air and noise, not conducive to meditation and a peaceful mind, without which maintaining a breatharian lifestyle is hardly possible. Your mind must be open to the in-streaming energies of the Universe as a pre-requisite in the first place, to become a breatharian, doing it to save money will just get you starved to death. As a piece of warning here, In the past 30 years 50.000 people have transitioned, that number does not include all those (about the same number, based on reported success ratios in workshops) who tried but were not ready and therefore did not transition, yet 4 of these people managed to ignore the signs that they were not ready, managed to not follow the guidelines (vitally important, quite literally) and consequently died due to the resulting starvation.

I think that anyone who wants to think about this seriously for themselves must first and foremost, before any attempt, look deep inside and be clear about whether they have a "call" for this, and secondly, to always follow the guidelines, which are always carefully set out no matter which process you follow. Being "spiritual" or being a regular meditator do not in and of themselves guarantee a successful transition. You can't do this with the goal simply being "never to have to eat again", or to save money, and as I explained a B lifestyle does not even mean that you will never eat again. Ray Maor himself explains this:

What Breatharian guides don't want you to know about pranic living:

www.youtube.com...

He has tons more videos on his channel not only on this topic but also about general fasting, minimalism and many others related to spiritualism and an eco-conscious living. He also has a video about his own journey, which you will see is completely different from mine, although we seem to have ended up in similar positions and view eventually, with him being more "attached" to the world, not only by being a spiritual teacher but also living in the city. As in all groups, Bs also come from all walks of life and will end up living different lives even after the transition. Not everyone wants to live isolated in a remote eco-village like we do.
edit on 16-1-2019 by Rolci because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Did you miss this part of Jamusheen's article, willful ignorance?

"Two days into the fast, producers moved her to a mountain retreat, but 48 hours later Dr Wenck warned that Jasmuheen faced kidney damage if she persisted. At this point, the presenter, Richard Carlton, asked Jasmuheen: "Can you come to the intelligent view yet that you can't survive on air?"

Her customary whining tones made faint by malnutrition, she said: "No, that's not true, because I've done it for a long period, and 6,000 people around the world have done this without any problem.""

Even in nature she wasn't able to prove it.

a reply to: Rolci

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

I am no follower nor fan of Jamusheen, I used her method once and failed. Even she herself no longer recommends using those methods. The process that works for most people including myself is a more stretched-out approach. I found a breatharian teacher who recommends a 100-day process, and that is not even for the transition to B, it is just to put you into the right mind-body conditions to CONSIDER if this thing is for you:

www.youtube.com...

His path to B is remarkably similar to my own. I have no idea how Jamusheen did it, where she got her info all those decades ago, I never found out, and for all I know she could even be a scam artist. However that would not disprove that the phenomenon exists and is real any more than when a competitor is caught cheating at the Olympics disproves the Olympics itself. Seeing someone cheating does not mean that the whole event is a big scam, or that everyone cheats. Countless others have been investigated by science, not only that, these people did not reluctantly allow scientists to examine them, they themselves approached the medical establishment and the media to be checked out. If you are a fake teacher you will avoid any and all circumstance in which you could be invalidated and come up with excuses. Not sign in to a hospital voluntarily and ask the media to lock you in a room and put you on on 24h CCTV surveillance. Fakers don't do such things, nor would they agree to such, it would make no sense.

To the person that complained that the www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov... link is no good because you have to pay to see the whole study, I have found a page with the whole study on, or at least much more details:

healingtaousa.com...

and while I was at it I found another interesting about the science of pranic energy:

scialert.net...

This is very similar to the Chi science study that I posted a link to in my OP, the one where it is scientifically confirmed that water can store and transfer Chi energy to living being. Essentially this is exactly what happens inside a B's own body, on a cellular level, since each and every sell in the body contains water, which then absorbs and transmits the Chi energy for the cell (and by extension the entire body) to use.
edit on 22-1-2019 by Rolci because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Finally I have the long-awaited video interview with Michael Werner from the documentary In the Beginning There Was Light, with English dubbing. The interview details the two observation studies on breatharian Michael Werner:

2004 - (Lindenhof Hospital, Bern, Switzerland)

and

2007 - (University Clinic, Prague, Czech Republic)

The video link:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Thanks for the interesting thread. You have gone to the trouble of providing links to videos etc which is helpful.
I feel many would not want to go without food-even if an instant transition was possible. I can see how it would obviously reduce negative impact to the planrt and how you might call it freedom, but for me, that freedom would be more constraining and repressive. I have not had chance to read anything other than your thread yet, not watched any of the You Tube links either but I woild be interested to see if breatharians have been given a full medical, also how they fare into old age, do they live longer etc.
Have you personally considered
volunteering for medical tests?

Cheers for an enjoyable read.
edit on 24-4-2019 by StuKE because: Spelling errors

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: StuKE

Reporters visiting Jasmuheen’s Brisbane home have been bewildered to find her fridge well-stocked with vegetarian food which, she says, belongs to her partner Jeff Ferguson, a convicted fraudster. And a British journalist accompanying Jasmuheen to her check-in desk at Heathrow last December was astonished when the BA clerk asked her to confirm that she’d ordered an in-flight vegetarian meal. “No, no,” she replied. “Well, yes, OK, I did. But I won’t be eating it.”

This tells you all you need to know about Jasmuheen.

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Well this was fun .
Cells are designed to convert the stuff in the food into energy and mass ( make more cells ) No way around that .
So go on a starvation diet strange things do acutely happen if you do it slowly enough .
First your cells go into starvation mode In which they Minamise the work they do spending as much time in rest mode as possible . This has the effect of making so the body can go much much longer without food and even extends the life .
Ever notice people over 100 eat so little ?
But this only goes so far . See your heart has fat around it and your heart NEEDS this fat so after a wile all the fat in your body is going and you have a heart attack and die die die .
Funny thing is the Germans did human experiments one of which was to see just how long it took someone to starve to death out of millions of tries no one person survived it .

BTW humans do get some stuff from air Besides just O2 lol and sunlight as well .
But no one including this guy every went a year without some kind of nourishment the dude who holds the record probly used liquid . Which if done right you could live on you life time .
ITs not food mass we need or very little of that mass but the minerals vitamins proteins amenio acids and caloriesall of which you can get from liquid .

Doctors accutly have a low resado they use for patients so they dont poop much or pee much .
anyway have fun starving your self .

Ps in closing even if it was possible to not eat why would anyone deni them self the one really good thing about being human ? all the great food to try .
Did you know you can eat a different thing EVERY meal every day your entire life and still not have eating every thing humans can eat .

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: StuKE
I would be interested to see if breatharians have been given a full medical, also how they fare into old age, do they live longer etc. Have you personally considered volunteering for medical tests?

Hi StuKe. The medical tests you ask for have been done numerous times by a number of breatharians, voluntarily, putting their own reputation on the line, with nothing to gain. The results of some of these studies have been published, others withheld, some have been made into documentaries. Just a few examples:

1965 - Angus Barbieri (Maryfield Hospital, Dundee, Scotland) (Technically not a breatharian, he "only" completed a 382-day fast under constant medical observation (meaning regular blood and urine tests which would have signalled instantly even the smallest amount of food consumption), with an average blood sugar concentration of 30 mg/dL (1.7 mmol/L) during the fast (compared to an average person's level of 80-140 mg/dL). Yet he was able to go about his daily business and suffered no ill effects. (So much for medical science "knowing" what's normal, let alone what's possible.) Due to the constant monitoring and the well-documented nature of the "experiment" he was admitted into none other than the Guinness Book of Records.

1998 - Jasmuheen (60 Minutes, Australia)

2003 - Jani yogi (Sterling Hospitals, Ahmedabad, India)

2004 - Michael Werner (Lindenhof Hospital, Bern, Switzerland) (results withheld)

2006 - Ram Bahadur Bomjon (Discovery Channel - The Boy with Divine Powers)

2007 - Michael Werner (University Clinic, Prague, Czech Republic) (results withheld, refused to comment)

2010 - Jani yogi (Defence Institute of Physiology and Allied Sciences of India)

2013 - Ray Maor (Israeli TV)

You can find most of these on youtube:

Prahlad Jani: www.youtube.com...

Michael Werner: www.youtube.com...

Ray Maor: www.youtube.com...

Ram Bahadur Bomjon: www.youtube.com...

This is of course only a partial list of the more well-known studies - the point being that it is pointless to go out there to try and "prove" anything by undergoing more studies, the results of which may be withheld, distorted or simply explained away as being due to the tests not properly conducted after successful results.

Regarding your second question, about whether breatharians live longer, I would just point out that the modern recurrence of breatharianism is fairly recent so we have no figures yet, but it is not the exact number of years that matters to most of us, it's not being and feeling like a pile of cr@p by the time we achieve retirement age due to a lifetime of ingesting foods filled with toxins.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 04:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Rolci

of FFS - here we go again - example one [ angus barbier ] - lost 125kg . he also had an allowed consuption

why do you continue to lie ?????????????????

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 05:15 AM
link   

This guy also makes similar claims, next level evolution.

While I always appreciate an OP with so much effort, i cant help but think this is just not for me or the majority of people in the world.

From the OP

originally posted by: Rolci
"The topic will be breatharianism, apparently the next step in mankind's evolution. Which for years I had been expecting to be telepathic communication, which does not seem to be happening."

"Who could've predicted any of these BEFORE they happened?"

You mind seems a little undernourished as you tried to predict evolution despite then admitting you can not predict evolution.

edit on 30-4-2019 by UpIsNowDown because: typo

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 05:17 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Sixty minutes did a controlled test quite a while ago on Jasmuheen . Epic fail im afraid . But but but the pollution .

About the six minute mark the test started . Interestingly the OP cited this test as evidence or proof it works . I guess he? didnt think a video still existed .
edit on 30-4-2019 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Honestly, anyone citing Jasmuheen as genuine needs a gullibility check.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join