It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Says He May Declare a National Emergency to Get The US-Mex Border Wall Built.

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: carewemust

Don't you already have a war on drugs, hows that going?

About as well as the one being waged against death and sickness would be my best guess.

If Trump wants a wall let him pay for it personally, or better yet force him to come through on his promise that Mexico will foot the bill, leave the poor people and taxpayers the hell alone.

I was thinking that the war on Drugs would be an epic way to fund the wall. It would cut down on illegal drug smuggling, thus causing a win for at least a battle in this war. that alone could facilitate the funding.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

So what would the alphabet agencies, police force, and bent politicians do for all those additional off the shelf kudos?

Its a predicament ile give you that.

There is no war on drugs pal, there is only supply and demand.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Well, i sure was not one of the neo-Nazi, Britain First, Yaxley Lennon crew, out causing trouble on the very, very, limited other side, that's a given.

Oh given that you seem anti-usa the opposition to britain first is not surprising.
I suppose there is not much to expect from one who would not put their own nation first.
Your joke was good for a chuckle, seems we will see who is laughing tomorrow night.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Not anti-American, certainly anti what America has become in this day of age down to the current as well as past administrations.

The world loves and needs America to lead the way, or the western world anyway, but the course that you currently steer and the Man at the helm is about to row you down a river rather hard to return from.

The world wants the old America back, the one that builds big marvellous scientific and technological marvels, not walls and terrorist fear.

Take us to the stars guys or at least go colonise and industrialise low Earth orbit and the Moon, leave the nonsensical walls and xenophobic crap alone.

And that's no joke!
edit on 7-1-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Not anti-American, certainly anti what America has become in this day of age down to the current as well as past administrations.

Fair enough. How far back do we have to go to get an administration you agree with?

The world loves and needs America to lead the way, or the western world anyway, but the course that you currently steer and the Man at the helm is about to row you down a river rather hard to return from. The world wants the old America back, the one that builds big marvellous scientific and technological marvels, not walls and terrorist fear.

Again how far back is the America you post about?

The concern about our border protection is interesting and seems pointed.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 03:38 PM
link   

How long is a piece of string? LoL

Seems to me everything kind of begun to go south once we/you won the Cold War.

No more significant adversary seems to have made your nation and my own believe its their place to police and shape the world.

Thing is it's for the of the bankers and corporation, nothing to do with democracy freedom or security.

Border protection is of interest indeed, but go far back enough and the only people who should really be there are indigenous by nature, basically the Indians, but that's meaningless also because their ancestors also came from other parts, known and unknown.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

reagan- 381 e.o.
obama- 276 e.o.

yep, obama really filled them out compared to the "fiscal conservative" ray-gun.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 06:34 PM
link   
The Communists and Persians are building up their forces in Venezuela in preparation fir a multi-pronged attack on the mainland USA through Naval assets in the Caribbean and the open land border with Mexico. If we do not build this wall within five years time the Iranians and Russians and even the Chinese will be pouring over sleeper cells of mercenaries, war criminals, and terrorists to subvert our way of life.

People, it is literally been World War 3 for ten years, and now the enemy is in our backyard! Not building this wall could lead to America's destruction. If the previous POTUS sincerely believed that civil unrest in Burundi on another continent an entire ocean away was a National Security Emergency to the United States, certainly the communist and terrorist threat building up in the southern continent with an open land bridge to our country and their intent to destroy our country is just as significant an emergency. Clearly it is magnitudes more serious if you ask me.

Maybe you guys want to wake up one day suddenly blindfolded on video with Arab speakers holding a blade to your neck, or your neighbors are being pulled from their homes and lined up in the streets being patrolled by Russian and Chinese tanks and drones. That is the future of America if we do not build our wall.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Interesting perspective and probably more likely than a tank war in Europe that we waste money on imo.

Good thing the canadians aren't commies.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 07:11 PM
link   

So you want the usa to lead, but just in the direction you think we should go?

Sorry we voted in a potus you euros dont like.
America first this time.
America first every time from now on.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: uncommitted

The president may declare a state of emergency.

Cheese and rice

.............. and open the door for that to be used should any future president be such a thin skinned childish dick which seems (hopefully) unlikely for the sake of your country. It also means the money has to come from the defence budget so possibly cutting into areas where it could be spent meaningfully - really well thought out from the childish one.

Too bad you Leftys dont like to read the fine print. Go and read that Spending bill Trump was "forced" to sign last year and really dig into the allocations for the military.

You might find something in there that will make you smarter.

The money has already been allocated.

Lots of really, really interesting things in there that the Left and the media never even looked at.

To their coming chagrin.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s
a reply to: TheRedneck

The wall that can't possibly exist in the real world because 90% of the border is owned by private citizens who aren't particularly interested in hosting one? That kind of "realism?"

You need to keep up and get with the program. Much of that land was already purchased. I would give you the link but if you go hunting for it you might actually learn something.

Lead a horse to water and all that.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: TheRedneck

So are wheels. Got wheels on your car?

Yes I do.
wheels have not been replaced with something better just yet.... since they are inside as well as outside of my car...

Oh And before you ask yes I do have walls in my house but we're not talking about dwellings we are talking about security which you say you are all for but insist on ineffective tools to procure it.

Well if we are talking security do you have locks on your door? Do you have a door? Why?

Do you look your car when you aren't in it? Why?

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Carcharadon

You need to keep up and get with the program. Much of that land was already purchased.

Correct. It was purchased through the Secure Fence Act. Trump needs to stay within the confines of the Secure Fence Act, and stop trying to force Congress to adopt a new bill for his wall, that he has no design for, no environmental impact statement from the Army Corp of Engineers, no clear plan of where it will go and hasn't secured the private property rights. This is not how bill are passed.
edit on 7-1-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
The Communists and Persians are building up their forces in Venezuela in preparation fir a multi-pronged attack on the mainland USA through Naval assets in the Caribbean and the open land border with Mexico. If we do not build this wall within five years time the Iranians and Russians and even the Chinese will be pouring over sleeper cells of mercenaries, war criminals, and terrorists to subvert our way of life.

People, it is literally been World War 3 for ten years, and now the enemy is in our backyard! Not building this wall could lead to America's destruction. If the previous POTUS sincerely believed that civil unrest in Burundi on another continent an entire ocean away was a National Security Emergency to the United States, certainly the communist and terrorist threat building up in the southern continent with an open land bridge to our country and their intent to destroy our country is just as significant an emergency. Clearly it is magnitudes more serious if you ask me.

Maybe you guys want to wake up one day suddenly blindfolded on video with Arab speakers holding a blade to your neck, or your neighbors are being pulled from their homes and lined up in the streets being patrolled by Russian and Chinese tanks and drones. That is the future of America if we do not build our wall.

And now why get to the crux of the matter.

The Democrats cannot go against their Chinese bosses and Persian allies and let the wall be built.

If the wall goes up the Commies and the Mullahs might quit giving the Bidens of the world those sweet, sweet deals now would they?

The Democrats, despite their desperate attempt to flip the script, have been kn bed with the Communists for decades. Chinese or Russian Commies is irrelevant.

The Left has been pawns of the Communists since at least the 50's. Probably even further back.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: Carcharadon

You need to keep up and get with the program. Much of that land was already purchased.

Trump needs to stay within the confines of the Secure Fence Act, and stop trying to force Congress to adopt a new bill for his wall.

There is no "wall bill" being proposed. You are on ATS several hours a day, and yet, not know this?

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 08:04 PM
link   

"So you want the usa to lead, but just in the direction you think we should go?"

Wants to strong a word, seems to be your time, but if you cannot make music..........move along and let the adults try, don't be ashamed your nation is rather young after all.

"Sorry we voted in a potus you euros dont like."

You voted something in or at least about 52% of you did, but its Orange senile and demented. x

"America first this time"

Well the Biblical saying "So the last will be first, and the first will be last." and all that jazz springs to mind or be careful what you wish for.

"America first every time from now on."

How stupid and arcane a thought to even have in the information age and global environment we now live, simply a childish notion in line with something Forest Trump would attempt to have you swallow. LoL

America first??? America is a word, you, me, and everyone else live on Earth, not America, you should consider the concept sometime.
edit on 7-1-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I know that there is no wall bill. That's why Trump can't get funding for something that Congress hasn't approved. The Secure Fence Act was approved, and funding has been allocated within the spending bill, that Trump has said he will not sign. When Trump says that they've already purchased private property, he's talking about money from the Secure Fence Act.

I can't believe that you're on ATS several hours a day, and you don't understand that fact.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Sorry globalist we will secure our border and sovereignty.
Just as I suspected you are anti usa when the usa looks out for itself.
Your euro globalist agenda is showing. Watch out for those yellow vests.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 08:13 PM
link   

US sovereignty has been secure for a long time now. Our sovereignty is not at risk.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join