It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Next Tues. Night- History Channel's Debut of "Project Blue Book" series...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: data5091

The truck looked awesome! I was thinking that they an excellent set designer that made that prop

I am so enjoying this series. Yes its embellished, who cares, pretty much everything released now are just vanity project 'documentaries' . Very little information from them...just seksi slow shots of the personalities and very little subject matter.

Anyhoo, from last nights episode, Karls thread
Major Donald Keyhoe's UFO Archives

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

very interesting about Keyhoe! Thank you for providing this info. Did not know his article " Flying Saucers are real" caused a sensation at the time.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 09:23 PM
link   

I had some out missed out on this new show thanks will have to check it out.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Didnt have big expectations either but i saw episode 3 Lubbock Lights, it was pretty good. I will watch another.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Episode # 4 tomorrow night is about some type of bizarre airplane encounter with a ufo as I understand it....I am enjoying this show quite a bit so far. I find it both interesting and entertaining.

Shows title is Operation Paperclip.
edit on 28pm31pm5091 by data5091 because: insertion

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   
another great episode IMO. As I mentioned and suspected based on last weeks episode it does appear the MIB have gotten involved in things. I had not heard of this particular incident the show was based on either, and it was a very early incident from 1948. Still enjoying this show a lot.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 12:57 PM
link   
i'll admit i had to laugh at the picture of the "top secret aircraft" that they tried to pass off as the cause of the lights in the Lubbock Lights episode. nothing like using a picture of a Nazi testbed glider, as their own top secret, "highspeed aircraft" lol

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Interesting they make Wernher von Braun a sinister conspirator. In the UFO mythology, he is a good guy. Such a move, that in making Von Braun a bad guy prompted me to look at who is producing this. Of course, most likely their just dramatizing the story and this is then incidental.

Nevertheless, the producer is a controversial figure who did the famous Back to the Future trilogy which is filled with all kinds of occult stuff and predictions, according to much lore.

Check out this groundbreaking YouTube I post every anniversary of 911 about Back to the Future and The Blue Book series Exec producer Robert Zemeckis' work.

edit on 30-1-2019 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 10:42 PM
link   
www.pbs.org...

In the closing days of the war, von Braun and a group of his rocket scientists surrendered to American forces. Although he had been a member of the German SS and had used slave labor at Mittelwerk.
great guy .......

On another note, we laughed at how bad their crop circle was! We fake them way better nowadays

edit on 30-1-2019 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Judge von B by his results [even if unintentional]. Freeman Dyson and other historians have written persuasively that the net effect of the V-2 program was Germany collapsing six months or more sooner due to the crushing demand for high-tech equipment and rare hi-energy fuels, that if applied to more conventional weapons could have lengthened the war leading to millions more fatalities in Europe and tens of millions in the Pacific.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

Why would I judge him by the science results alone? No thanks, then I'd have to give kudos to the Nazi doctors that tortured children doing genetic experiments.
Y'all turn a blind eye if you need to feel better about getting a rocket to space.
I CAN say he helped get us to the moon AND he was a high ranking SS Nazi that used slave labor from a concentration camp.

See easy to give him credit for both.

He jumped ship when they were losing because he had a commodity to trade to save his skin, not from any noble gesture.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 11:01 PM
link   
dp

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Good show, I loved the original too..as a kid it was fascinating. An interesting side note..this is filmed in B.C. and a good friend of mine has rented out props to the production.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 02:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg
The show is science fiction, if anybody thinks they will learn ABOUT UFOs from it, they are delusional.

Oh dude!! Why did u have to go and ruin it for all of us here?

I been telling everyone to watch because i figured some of life's greatest mysteries, particularly pertaining to all the classic UFO cases that involved Blue Book, were gonna be revealed to us, every Tuesday night. What a bummer. Major disappointment

Well anyways imma still gonna watch for entertainment purposes only then

Captain Quinn is so BAD ASS

He be busting Baseball bats right over his leg just like Jose Canseco used to. Did u see that episode, where he busted that bat over his leg? Happened in Lubbock!! That was my favorite part Captain Quinn is very strong!!!

Do you have a favorite part yet Jim?
edit on 31-1-2019 by TheOnlyBilko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 03:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
Good show, I loved the original too..as a kid it was fascinating. An interesting side note..this is filmed in B.C. and a good friend of mine has rented out props to the production.

Oh cool where in BC is it filmed? I bet it was Vancouver! They call that place "Hollywood North" I've heard. One of my all time favorite movies was filmed in BC too, called "First Blood"!!

Can u tell us more about ur buddy? Who is e and what type of props did he rent out? Did he get to meet the actors?? Maybe get autographs and selfies?!?! I want Selfie with Captain Quinn one day!

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 03:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: data5091
another great episode IMO. As I mentioned and suspected based on last weeks episode it does appear the MIB have gotten involved in things. I had not heard of this particular incident the show was based on either, and it was a very early incident from 1948. Still enjoying this show a lot.

I just watched last night's episode a few hours ago. So good!!! I'm still enjoying it even though that Jim dude told us it's "embellished"
(Hi Jim
)
edit on 31-1-2019 by TheOnlyBilko because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-1-2019 by TheOnlyBilko because: Just say Hi to Jim incase he see me mention his name for telling is Blue book is all 'embellished'

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 03:29 AM
link   
The show looks good nice VFX to.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: TheOnlyBilko
Haha

I remember First Blood, I think they filmed that in Hope.
Yes, it is filmed in the Vancouver area. The film industry is very strong here, I know quite a few people work in it. Just a few blocks from me is a place that gets used a few times a month.

My friend, runs a vintage audio store, they also have lots of cool display items, old radios, phonographs, tape recorders, microphones, any kind of unique vintage electronics. No meeting of any stars that I can think. Usually a prop person will come in, or phone in, and then they would pick up whatever they need for however long. They have supplied items for quite a few shows here, it kind of cool!
edit on 31-1-2019 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Just remember, it's the History channel. If they can screw it up, they will.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Heads up for episode 5 next Tuesday. It's the show about the legendary Foo Fighters..

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join