It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Next Tues. Night- History Channel's Debut of "Project Blue Book" series...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Next weeks episode is on The Flatwoods monster.

Really looking forward to it.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 05:55 PM
link   
My only question is, what type of cancer did the Dr die from? Was it related to his "job". I liked the entertainment of the show

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Charizard
Looks like the show is going to be more drama than actual fact, so I'll probably skip it.
Yup. Key words are "provided inspiration for". So given that, the show will sink or swim based upon the strength of the writing, since these episodes are clearly dramatised (big time). But the writing ain't bad. I'm going to hang in strictly for the entertainment value.
edit on 11-1-2019 by JohnnyCanuck because: yes, indeedy!

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 10:03 AM
link   
really looking forward to the Flatwoods Monster episode tonight, a case I am not all that familiar with myself.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Nice to see Ksenia Solo (Lost Girl)!

If she ever says, "Moose and squirrel" I will lose it!!

I honestly fell asleep during the first episode but it was the second showing so it was late at night (for me). I caught the repeat this past weekend... I actually like the show as just a show. There is not too much to choose from on just cable (since the cable co. cut AMC and IFC, no Netflix or Amazon streaming here) so this is a welcome treat.

I'll continue watching this one!

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Flatwoods Monster tonght!! I'm excited for it. Gonna watch after the Winnipeg Jets/Vegas Golden Knights game is over

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Just finished watching the Flatwoods Monster episode. Very Cool! Aliens Monsters and Sexy KGB Soviet Spies!!! Whatmore could you ask for?!?!

I only wish the Flatwoods Monster was shown more as it was VERY SCARY looking

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I wanted to watch ep 2 last night but was in bed asleep by 9 pm.
It was my first day back to work yesterday after a month vacation.
Ill stream it tonight...hopefully if I'm not too tired.

I really liked the first episode.
The casting of Dr. Hynek with Aiden Gillen is great.

I wonder if they are pulling from the actual case files and showing us the important facts that are intentionally being ignored by Quinn.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Standing O from me!
LOVED this installment. This is a very very well done program in my opinion. So maybe the monster wasn't the most impressive looking things, but overall, this is a show worthy of watching if you have any interest in the subject matter and how our government treats/treated it. Can't wait for the 3rd episode!

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 12:08 PM
link   
The show is science fiction, if anybody thinks they will learn ABOUT UFOs from it, they are delusional.

Don't take my word for it:

www.highstrangenessufo.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 12:12 PM
link   
However, the NY Times did like it.... with "some flagrant embellishment"

www.nytimes.com...

embellish...
"add fanciful details"
www.merriam-webster.com...

... that is, fake it.

edit on 16-1-2019 by JimOberg because: add...

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

Are you joking, man?

Are you also under the impression that people watch "Vikings" for a history lesson?

Your post is extremely insulting.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: spinalremain
Are you joking, man?
Are you also under the impression that people watch "Vikings" for a history lesson?

a) It's not pitched as fiction. It flies under the banner 'inspired by'
b) Jim is doing us a service by lending his good name in advising folks that may not know this is mere sci-fi.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: spinalremain

Are you joking, man?

The program is deliberately insulting to the real characters being represented in it.

If it was just 'based on' real history they should have used fictional names for the characters. To use genuine names and then fictionalize their actions and comments isn't 'literary license', it's deliberate fraud. There's no evading their intent to deceive, not merely entertain.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 10:02 PM
link   
After 2 episodes of this diatribe, the third will be watched for entertainment only, expecting the satirical fantasy that it is.
This is no more a historical documentary than the Wizard of Oz would be.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Next weeks 3rd installment of the series concerns the Lubbock Lights.
This one was an early, 1951, really large sighting that included photos and was seen by many people. Looking forward to this one too.
edit on 18pm31pm5091 by data5091 because: insertion

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Tonight the Lubbock lights. Really looking forward to it.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Actually, I will take back a bit of my negativity for the show. Although theatrical, the Lubock episode was better than the last 2, as it stuck closer to the accepted storyline (Did Kehoe get threatened?) , however the graphics were quite a stretch. I accept that cool graphics are important to the topic, so they get a pass for that.
edit on 22-1-2019 by charlyv because: content

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 11:29 AM
link   
As I expected, I really liked this installment. It was interesting about the car damage I'm assuming from the ufo as well as the electrical energy from both the shaking car and from a patient or officer in the hospital. I was just looking at info about this incident on wikipedia, and can't confirm these were actually a part of this major encounter but interesting none the less. I realize this is entertainment based on true incidents so I keep this in mind. I am also presuming the spy who keeps watching Hyneks wife, an early form of MIB perhaps?

edit on 23am31am5091 by data5091 because: typos

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join