It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Years Thread!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I figured we could all post photos of ourselves throughout the night! What is everyone doing tonight? I rarely get nights out so we are going out tonight. I'm a little hesitant because of drunk drivers but I'll figure it out. We usually stay close to home so we don't have a long drive home just in case there is a lot of impaired drivers on the road.

When I worked at a bar on the weekends and my fiance would pick me up, I can't count how many times we saw drivers swerving all over the place. I stopped working the weekend because of it.

Hope everyone has a safe and happy New Year's!

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Jess_Undefined

Wow cool....Roseville, MI
I am not far from you in Mt Clemens.
The wife and I are having a small party of friends coming over, like we do every year.
Stay safe out there on the roads.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Happy new year!
Post photos of ourselves through the night?
Oh man, this could get ugly quick.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Blessed to be working here or on location NYs eve and into January, TV never sleeps...t's now Netflix not Q studios.

abqstudios.com...

variety.com...

www.bonanzacreekranch.com...
edit on 31-12-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Umm..
Firstly.. HAPPY NEW YEAR πŸ€—πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸΎπŸΎπŸ₯‚πŸŽ†
I'm going to comfortably hang out at home and enjoy the food and tv.

Balls will drop if we have power... but they may cancel the Fireworks.

PITTSBURGH β€”
A wind advisory has been issued from 9 p.m. Monday until 7 a.m. Tuesday for the Western Pennsylvania area.
The following counties are under the advisory: Allegheny, Armstrong, Beaver, Butler, Greene, Fayette, Lawrence, Washington, Westmoreland.
Advertisement
Winds will be 15 to 25 mph. Wind gusts of up to 50 mph are possible.
Strong winds may blow down trees, tree limbs, and power lines.
Scattered power outages are possible.

I'll upload a pic if I get to rowdy πŸ˜πŸ˜†πŸ‘

Happy New Year's ATS from Pittsburgh Pa.

Edit:

Security increased for First Night celebration; police advise against celebratory gunfire

www.wtae.com...
πŸΎπŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

edit on 31-12-2018 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Remember to shop in some black squares to block out the naughty bits now!

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   

lets do this

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Don't have any pictures from this year (obviously) but I do have a picture of me, Zazz, IAMTAT, and Augustus from last year.

We decided to dress up then.

Not sure about this year.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Happy New Year everyone!

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Don't have any pictures from this year (obviously) but I do have a picture of me, Zazz, IAMTAT, and Augustus from last year.

We decided to dress up then.

Not sure about this year.

😁

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

originally posted by: caterpillage

Yep, just like that. Not sure how you can calmly enjoy a drink in that situation. Thats one big cat.

Happy new year bigburg. Hope you have a great 19

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   

When I worked at a bar on the weekends and my fiance would pick me up, I can't count how many times we saw drivers swerving all over the place. I stopped working the weekend because of it.

Hopefully you weren’t the one over serving them.πŸ˜• Tough call to make, but sometimes you just have to cut off certain patrons and insist they don’t drive home.

Here, pubs, bars, and nightclubs can get into serious problems over serving their customers. Huge fines !

Once , when I was outside a bar ( years ago ) , I saw an extremely drunk lady trying to get into her truck. She kept falling down. I asked for help from this guy, so we could stop her from driving. She eventually relented and took a cab.

The next day the bartender gave me shyt, because this woman lived 30 minites out of town and apparently the cab fee both ways ( she had to come back to get her truck the next day) ended up costing her a hefty sum.

I couldn’t believe she had the nerve to tear a strip off of me for potentially saving lives from a VERY drunk driver. I pointed out to her that she was the one serving her ALL evening , and if anything had gone wrong it would have fallen on her and the bar’s shoulders. Truly an idiot bartender who deserved to be sacked, eventually, and she was.

Places who serve alcohol have tough calls to make at times. This was one of those times when it was apparent that the customer was way over the legal limit. I didn’t appreciate getting the verbal abuse from an employee that should have known better.

And on a cheerier note..

Happy New Year to all !

edit on 31-12-2018 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Happy New Year everyone!

FIXED IT FOR YA πŸ€—πŸΎπŸ₯‚πŸŽ†

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Anyone else planning on getting naked, arrested and/or doing something that could destroy future employment opportunities?

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Ahaha hahaha! That is awesome! So funny!

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
Anyone else planning on getting naked, arrested and/or doing something that could destroy future employment opportunities?

I've just drunkenly let off a load of left over fireworks from bonfire night, watch this space,... 😜

Happy New Year my ATS Brothers and Sisters! 🍻

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Happy New Year to all. no pictures, sorry, they'd be rather boring I am afraid. Heading to bed early.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Oh no I wasn't a bartender lol.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Funny enough I thought that was a good idea for tonight as well! Although I would not hold up in jail at all so I'll be avoiding that one!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join