It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question on avatars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Hey buckaroos.

I used to have an avatar, and I'm not exactly sure what happened to it. I went to the elusive and harder-to-find-than-bigfoot member image-uploader-thing but it 404'ed, and every other link 404's as well.

Am I missing something?

Man, I tell ya. I built my first computer when I was in fourth grade, and now I feel like I've gone far behind the eightball here.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Maybe this will help.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

I asked a question in a thread that said to" ask any question" the other day and received no response. Maybe you can help. How would one upload a video they have without the use of youtube?

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

There are other video hosting sites, such as Vimeo. Without a video hosting platform, effectively, and depending on file format, you may just have a link to an unstreamable file that people have to download first completely before watching.

ETA A video hosting site holds the data and plays the data/video in your browser. A file hosting site lets you download the data and use your own program to view it. Hope it helps.
edit on 30/12/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Iconic

On topic: You mean you cannot locate your image library? The links 404? There might have been a software upgrade that changed the links if I remember rightly, years ago. How long ago did you upload your avatar?
edit on 30/12/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

Like LightSpeedDriver said, you have to use a video hosting site.

ATS had a multimedia hosting feature, but it was removed several years ago, so now we need to host our videos somewhere else.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iconic
Hey buckaroos.

I used to have an avatar, and I'm not exactly sure what happened to it. I went to the elusive and harder-to-find-than-bigfoot member image-uploader-thing but it 404'ed, and every other link 404's as well.

Am I missing something?

Man, I tell ya. I built my first computer when I was in fourth grade, and now I feel like I've gone far behind the eightball here.

you can use even family/personal, found or drawn and can change them daily (I have 20-25 depending on my mood).

If they don't upload or stay? Either is a TS and C's violation/ not allowed, or a sizing (usually too big) issue

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Ok, thank you and MrMaP. Looks like I may have to start a youtube account........ that should works. Trying to avoid that. Cousin has one she has no problems she says.

top topics

join