It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Volcano Tsunami' hits Indonesia after Krakatoa Eruption

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Breaking news that at least 20 people have been killed and 165 injured as the coast around Indonesia's Sunda Strait has been hit by a tsunami believed to be related to the eruption of the Krakatoa volcano.

The country's disaster management agency says 165 people were injured, and dozens of buildings were damaged. It says the possible cause of the tsunami were undersea landslides after the Krakatoa volcano erupted.
www.bbc.co.uk...

Amateur video from the scene.

Thoughts with the people of Indonesia.
edit on 22-12-2018 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Big earthquakes, Krakatoa waking up, what's next for Indo, don't think I will be heading over there anytime soon.

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   

I was just about to report this, Krakatoa had a child.

The scary thing is that it's only a baby, if you don't know about her mother, in 1883 she created the largest sound ever heard by human ears. 3000 miles away in Darwin, Australia, the eruption was mistaken for gunfire. In the english channel the tide unexpectedly rose six feet, and in the Caribbean the afternoon sky turned red.

I think we need to keep an eye on this brat.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   

One official is quoted as offering volcanic activity as a possible explanation, given the lack of any seismic activity.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: hombero

this source seems to lean towards to volcano theory

The Anak Krakatoa (Child of Krakatoa) volcano has reported increased activity in recent months.

Indonesia's geologic agency said that the volcano erupted for two minutes and 12 seconds on Friday, creating an ash cloud that rose 400 metres above the mountain.

It recommended that no-one be allowed within two kilometres of the crater.

Notice the use of the word 'crater' as it suggests the fury of the mother, and if you take a look at the photo from the source you can see where a land mass would've been. Years later when explorers returned they found nothing.

Krakatoa didn't erupt, it imploded. Let's all hope the daughter doesn't reach puberty.

edit on 22-12-2018 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Krakatoa is a sleeping beast at the moment, and when it wakes...it's going to wake up ready to dish out hell.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   
nvm
edit on 22-12-2018 by ausername because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
Breaking news that at least 20 people have been killed and 165 injured as the coast around Indonesia's Sunda Strait has been hit by a tsunami believed to be related to the eruption of the Krakatoa volcano.

Thoughts with the people of Indonesia.

Dang, it seems like those people can not catch a break with these Tsunamis.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Good lord,

The reality of Mother Nature is shocking. Having ridden a 7.0 lately, my thoughts and prayers for those going through this right now.

God doesn’t like Fridays in Alaska or Christmas in the Indonesian Ocean.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   
They were thinking the water was displaced due to a landslide from Krakatoa, maybe due to volcanic activity.

Do believe they have live web cams on this site.

www.volcanodiscovery.com... l?fbclid=IwAR2wbQjNvfOZ6ZXTh8Thi694t8zISij-p7rx2t4eVSS_FfSXhm9YTP7G864

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   
twitter.com...
unreal to get such great footage of an explosion, even though its small..

Pretty amazing story:

imagine looking through you're camera and seeing a wall of water racing towards you...

edit on 22/12/18 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   

First off!
Rising Force Krakatoa..
m.youtube.com...

1883 was when it went...
1927 created Anak Krakatau..
Honestly I didn't think it would blow again while I'm alive. Mother Earth is unpredictable and Awe Inspiring ..

Damn..
That's all I have, Damn😐

edit on 22-12-2018 by Bigburgh because: Lmao! Anak was spell checked to say ANAL😆😆😆

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Wow a thing of nightmares

footage from a concert, shows the fans/stage get taken by surprise by the tsunami

Link

starts @:0042
edit on 22/12/18 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

They had no idea it was coming. Horrible for them. I saw on twitter feed the lead singer survived but some band members and audience members still missing.

Name of the band is Seventeen.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 10:26 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
Wow a thing of nightmares

footage from a concert, shows the fans/stage get taken by surprise by the tsunami

Link

starts @:0042

Wow!

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 12:47 AM
link   

'Volcano Tsunami'?!?!

Sheeeeeit.

That's got nothin on that time the BP Gulf Gusher crossed with a hurricane which triggered a methane fireball tsunami that detonated the actual atmosphere, leading to a true ELE.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 01:23 AM
link   
It was just a few weeks ago that I stumbled across these compilation videos on youtube. Very good quality.
Taken towards the end of October, this year.
Gives you a sense of what was to come.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Latest casualty figures put the toll at 168 people dead with 745 injured , officials are warning people to stay away from coastal areas over fears that another Tsunami could hit.

The disaster management agency has warned people to stay away from the coastline due to fears of another tsunami. Saturday's tsunami struck at about 21:30 local time (14:30GMT), hitting several beaches including the popular Tanjung Lesung beach resort in the west of Java island.

Deaths have been reported in the Pandeglang and Serang on Java, and Lampung province on Sumatra. Officials fear the death toll could rise further.
www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Thank you for posting Gortex, I had no idea Krakatoa or is it Anak Krakatoa have been erupting!

I am a bit confused as to which one is.
Do we know whether it was mother or child that 'slipped' yet?

I sincerely hope the death toll doesn't rise....awful, awful, awful

Very sad rainbows
Jane

top topics

<<   2 >>

join