It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rant #8252

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I'm a cancer survivor. You guys and gals know. I've said it many times before. I've spent 3 years essentially living in a tiny hospital ward.

Fine.

Any conversations I have with others eventually start to go that way, however much I want to steer away from it. The prying and disassembling of others always comes down to me admitting "Eh yeah I did the whole cancer thing."

It's a big part of who I am, I'm sorry. It just is. I still suffer from health issues and emotional issues as a result. I'm depressed. I'm not empowered, or strong, or happy to be here.

I'm not a miracle. I feel like an abomination if anything. Good job, doctors! You've created a walking, talking train wreck!

So all you bewitching salesgoblins out there--

Have a little respect, or at least a little tact, if you've already forced this information out of me with your psycho head games.

Just let it be at that.

I don't want your supplements.

I don't want your super foods.

I don't want your websites.

I don't want your blogs.

I don't want your detox kits.

I don't want your meditations or yoga mats.

I don't want your candles, crystals, or prayers.

I don't want your new age shimmy shammies, dilly dallies, or dickery docks!

I don't want your hydrocolonic nozzle either.

I don't want to be your testament, I don't want to be your poster boy.

I just want someone to understand what I have gone through, talk to me eye to eye, and maybe a hug. Empathize.

I am not a rube for your dumb little snake oil stand. If you want my wallet that badly, at least have the decency to feel about in my pants pockets a bit!

Shame on you!

edit on 19-12-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

My wife is in the cancer battle... 4 years now.

I think a lot of it is what works for the person.

I SO get where you are coming from... I've had so much "good" advice from oncologists to naturalpaths that it makes me feel like just strangling them some days.

Hey! Heard your wife has cancer... in the 1940's some guy cured his cancer by eating ________... you should try it!

To... an oncologist hoping to sell the latest miracle death chemo so they can get a nice 6% payoff from the 34K a month treatment.

It's whatever works for you.

She's winning right now but takes a lot of flak from her oncologist who keeps saying "your cancer is now presenting atypical, but we have a trial for your cancer in Tennessee that is promising!!"

Her cancer is presenting atypical because it hasn't come back... can we just live with that?

There are a lot of people out there with good intentions that should just STFU until they have dealt with it.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 12:26 AM
link   

You're not a cancer survivor, you got into a fight with cancer and kicked its ass.

Threw a smack-down.

Gave it the okey-doke.

Made it your bitch.

You killed cancer. How f#cking badass is that?

edit on 19-12-2018 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

I SO get where you are coming from... I've had so much "good" advice from oncologists to naturalpaths that it makes me feel like just strangling them some days.

Right? Everyone thinks they hold the secret, and of course that secret has a price tag.

It makes me want to throat punch a kitten. Oops. That was DB's line.

The truth is, no one knows what's in store for them. We just play the hand we're dealt the best we can.

edit on 19-12-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Get on the Discord wagon ya hippy.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

No intiendo! What does that even mean?

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Skype is ran by Satan.

discordapp.com...

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 03:06 AM
link   

My wife is a cancer survivor too and seems like I have it now.

I decided to ignore it and don't let doctor's suck my wallet.

That's why I understand you and wish we could have a beer.

edit on 19-12-2018 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 03:10 AM
link   

7 year survivor myself. I remember all the good intentioned recommendations back then. I chose the traditional methods of chemo and radiation. People always think that will kill you. It didn't, it saved my life.

I don't dwell on it, but it's always there in the back of your mind...will it return, will I get another form of cancer?

I realize that there are always people bringing attention to it and wanting donations, but I'd rather not be reminded and have it in my face all the time. It's just how some survivors feel, not all. I appreciate the folks who donate to the cause and I'm sure a lot has changed since I had my cancer and hopefully improved. It's just hard to see all the time.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Keep on livin man...

Do the things that make you happy...

Or Find the things that will

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
I'm a cancer survivor. You guys and gals know. I've said it many times before. I've spent 3 years essentially living in a tiny hospital ward.

Fine.

Any conversations I have with others eventually start to go that way, however much I want to steer away from it. The prying and disassembling of others always comes down to me admitting "Eh yeah I did the whole cancer thing."

It's a big part of who I am, I'm sorry. It just is. I still suffer from health issues and emotional issues as a result. I'm depressed. I'm not empowered, or strong, or happy to be here.

I'm not a miracle. I feel like an abomination if anything. Good job, doctors! You've created a walking, talking train wreck!

So all you bewitching salesgoblins out there--

Have a little respect, or at least a little tact, if you've already forced this information out of me with your psycho head games.

Just let it be at that.

I don't want your supplements.

I don't want your super foods.

I don't want your websites.

I don't want your blogs.

I don't want your detox kits.

I don't want your meditations or yoga mats.

I don't want your candles, crystals, or prayers.

I don't want your new age shimmy shammies, dilly dallies, or dickery docks!

I don't want your hydrocolonic nozzle either.

I don't want to be your testament, I don't want to be your poster boy.

I just want someone to understand what I have gone through, talk to me eye to eye, and maybe a hug. Empathize.

I am not a rube for your dumb little snake oil stand. If you want my wallet that badly, at least have the decency to feel about in my pants pockets a bit!

Shame on you!

Sorry...uncle-now stage 4, friend too, now stage 4. My whole family passed from cancer...so, I do understand your feelings...and deal with client patients daily w it.

No one who hasn't experienced all you've gone thru...and cont. to go thru...can understand. Tolerate and thank all of them with a smile...

Almost everyday, I respond, treat and transport many to ER....and some whom I've got to know over time...I never see them again. 1 this week....can't locate him, dr. Is looking, treatment center and rehab can't find him, we-EMT"s for city...we can't locate him, his emergency contact can't find him...it's troubling when we care and get to know people.

You take care each day, thank people who offer "suggestions"...know most mean well. Live the best you can, as you can, however long you can...and inspire others w your story.

It's important, youre important. God bless you...Peace.

M.S.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   
You've got a lot of respect from me. Sometimes you just gotta get it off your chest. I've lost lots of people to cancer, and they all went their own way about it. I know a few guys who just said # it and decided to do enjoy the rest of their life as much as possible before they couldn't anymore. I know a few people who let the doctors nuke the # out of them for better or worse.

I'm dealing with my own form of cancer that so far hasn't caused to much of a problem, but at the rate it's growing I've probably got about ten more years before I start having to get things replaced. I personally chose to wait as long as possible in the hopes that prosthetics become more advanced. I'm just lucky that it's not affecting my brain or vital organs.

Unfortunately there are a lot of people who haven't been so fortunate, and don't have that much time. I'm glad you're still around to contribute. We may or may not always agree on things, but I'm glad to be able to disagree with anyone who's still alive and kicking.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 07:01 PM
link   

You have Buddha in your name, lol.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 07:56 PM
link   

I know you don't want....

But, in the infamous words of Towlie......

....you wanna get haaaaighh?

new topics

top topics

join