It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anime and Manga Thread

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   
So tell what animes/mangas you have seen/read, discuss about them and ask or tell recommendations.

GO!

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: stevewonders

Anime

Quite a few from back in the day. Started up watching them again while I'm on the elliptical at the gym. I'll just talk about two here.

Top Anime of all time for me was Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex. Great story, good characters and not annoying to watch. lol. If you like a good cyberpunk cop drama then you will enjoy it immensely.

www.dailymotion.com...

And best Anime I've seen recently.

Dragonball Super.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   
One piece
Dragon ball (Z,GT,Super)
Code Geass
Trigun
Hellsing
Full metal alchemist
Mahoutsukai no Yome(this one is crazy good)
Black lagoon
Black butler
Neon genesis
Overlord
Sword art 1,2,3
Gun Gale
Hunter X
Bleach
That time I got reincarnated as a slime
Goblin Slayer
Tokyo Ghoul
Fairy Tale
A certain magic index
One punch man
Ajin
Attack on titan
Aldnoah zero
Death march
Blue exorcist
Basilisk
Berzerk
Beatless
Black Clover
My hero academy
Soul eater
Made in abyss
Kakagurui
The seven deadly sins
Gundum iron blood orphans
And a few others.

edit on 6-12-2018 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Not a fan really of Anime or Manga, but I have seen Berserk. It was amazing. If you like blood and Guts (no pun intended), then you must see it. Only other one I sit through was Ninja Scrolls.

If there is not a English dubbed version, it's hard for me to watch. I just can't stand trying to read and watch at the same time.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   
High School of the Dead.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Dragon Ball Z will always be my favorite. Super was pretty good.

Recently, My fiance and I watched all of Full Metal Alchemist and Death Note on Netflix.
Both are very good.

Also on Netflix, Castlevania is very good. ALL HAND DRAWN! When was the last time??

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I watched Fist of The North Star a few years ago.

Was ok.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   
The ones I enjoyed was the Wolfs Rain series, Escaflowne, and Blue Submarine No 6.

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I read the entirety of Elfen Lied and my soul is destroyed now :/

If you had sad feeling about the anime.. Please don't read the manga...

posted on Oct, 5 2021 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Animes:
Serial Experiments Lain
Blame! (The bonus from 2003)

Berserk (the 1997 anime)
Ergo Proxy
Last Exile
Akira
Texhnolyze
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Gantz

Манга:
Blame!

Game:
Serial Experiments Lain. It's even more sick than the anime

edit on 5-10-2021 by SimeonJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2021 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Some of newer anime is very good, particularly Jujutsu Kaisen, Fumetsu no Anata e and Kimetsu no Yaiba, which was excellent.

Some classics not mentioned:

Steins Gate
Monster
Hellsing Ultimate

edit on 09-19-1976 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2021 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I agree there have been some really good additions recently. I enjoyed Record of Ragnarok especially it helped fill the void in the wild fights department until new super episodes.

a reply to: Zcustosmorum

posted on Oct, 6 2021 @ 02:49 PM
link   

I will follow this thread for my son who is 8, he loves anime. I have never been into it so I have no idea what to look for.

posted on Oct, 6 2021 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: mblahnikluver
Some of the art posted here is not "considered" for kids.

Example: texhnolyze was streamed on tv at Japan at 03:30 at the morning. But it's your kid and I really enjoyed Akira, when I was 6 years old. I was like glued to the TV.

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Oh great! Thank you for bringing this up. I am actually looking for some reviews about the Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex since I am still thinking twice if I should watch it or not? Anyway, didn't you have a difficult time watching on Dailymotion? As far as I can remember, they have slow servers or is it just me?

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: SimeonJ

So Akira would be good for him? He is 8.

What others could you suggest?

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: mblahnikluver

Eight now? Wow.

The classics are still good at that age: Voltron (including the newer reboot), lions or cars. Rough on adults but kids will still love it. Star Blazers (which was the English version of Space Battleship Yamato). The first two season that we had in the US in the 70’s (early 80’s) was America’s introduction to anime. Seeing the subtitled Japanese versions will help you understand why it was redone for the US. And why Voltron and even Dragonball Z was redone for the US market.

Anime deals in adult themes regularly. In Voltron alone Sven was killed and replaced with a clone. The maid/nanny of Princess Ariel was killed in the Japanese version. In the US, Sven is rescued and the maid/nanny had recycled animation with new lines by the voice actress. Not sure about the mice if that was US only or if they were killed in the same attack on the castle. Dragonball would have minor differences as well such as a Root Beer Saloon that was obviously added to the Beer sign out front.

Vampire Hunter D…off the list until he gets much older.

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I should say that my favorite anime for rewatching is Cowboy Bebop. Ed is annoying of course but she is supposed to be at that age. The tagalong kid sister archetype as a foil to both Spike and Faye.

I also loved the live action Space Battleship Yamato. And I really need to buy that sometime.

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Which anime series do you watching?

I'm watching Bleach

new topics

top topics

join